3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Will edge juice attitude give u 180 HP?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 07:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by matego
The only gauge that I have found that lies is the boost pressure over 35 psi. Up to 35 it is dead accurate with my Isspro. I just wish the attitude did rail pressure, I dont like the Recon. It works great but doesnt really look as good as the rest of the other stuff.
Mine is accurate up to 41psi which is the max it reads due to the limits of the stock sensor.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:20 AM
madhat's monkey boy...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by omaharam
Mine is accurate up to 41psi which is the max it reads due to the limits of the stock sensor.
I hear that 41 a lot but I can even put on my smoke switch and it says 35. That is after the sensor so it must be my Edge reading goofy. I guess I will call them today and see if there is a newer version of software for it.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Banned

Ive had my Juice monitor up to 48 PSI and its dead on with my BD X-Mon which uses a boost bolt on the intake.

My edge pyro is the one that is off. Ive compared it to my BD-X Mon in the same location and its off by 30-35 degres at room temp (Double checked via IR temp gun). I cant accuratlly check it at the normal operating range other than a comparison to the BD X-Mon under simular driving conditions. But by doing so i guesstimate the Edge Pyro is off by 100 degres +- .

I know I have to set the cool down timer way lower to be sure it does what its supposed to. I went round and round w/Edge a while back and they basiclly said i was dumb and didnt know what i was talking about. They said they "use a $5000.00 calibrater on there thermo coupler" so it has to be right. I told them i dont care how much it cost if its off its off. Edge said they are not suppposed to be accurate until over 500 deg.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by OT-OF-Here
Sounds like you're about ready for that tranny sarge!
Yeah... that's the next mod... 8k, I'm goin all the way!

Originally Posted by sallyman1
could a person buy a frame mounted lift pump similar in size to the one dodge uses in our tanks/ filter pad to aid the already in tank lift pump? A guy would save $600 in doing so
Walbro 392. Richard Martin, Glacier Diesel Power.
Originally Posted by omaharam
Well since his original question included the use of the Juice w/ Attitude, he does not need gauges.
I have both, and I look at the mechanical guages more than I trust the edge.
Not saying anything other than what I just typed, so don't try to read between the lines...
Old 01-12-2008, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by 231jasons
Ive had my Juice monitor up to 48 PSI and its dead on with my BD X-Mon which uses a boost bolt on the intake.

My edge pyro is the one that is off. Ive compared it to my BD-X Mon in the same location and its off by 30-35 degres at room temp (Double checked via IR temp gun). I cant accuratlly check it at the normal operating range other than a comparison to the BD X-Mon under simular driving conditions. But by doing so i guesstimate the Edge Pyro is off by 100 degres +- .

I know I have to set the cool down timer way lower to be sure it does what its supposed to. I went round and round w/Edge a while back and they basiclly said i was dumb and didnt know what i was talking about. They said they "use a $5000.00 calibrater on there thermo coupler" so it has to be right. I told them i dont care how much it cost if its off its off. Edge said they are not suppposed to be accurate until over 500 deg.
Well, what they said makes perfect sense. Most thermocouples have a temperature range that they are accurate for (calibration range). So it is entirely plausible that a thermo couple, that is engineered to read extremely high temperatures (probably > 2000 F), would not be accurate at low or near ambient temps. After all, why would it need to measure those low temperatures accurately, especially since EGT temps < 300 or 400 are of no use. There are thermocouples that are more accurate for a wider temperature range, but would be very expensive, and drive up the cost of the Juice w attitude package. Would you rather pay $50 or $100 more to get more accurate low temp readings?

Hope this makes sense

Tom
Old 01-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fast Tommy V
Well, what they said makes perfect sense. Most thermocouples have a temperature range that they are accurate for (calibration range). So it is entirely plausible that a thermo couple, that is engineered to read extremely high temperatures (probably > 2000 F), would not be accurate at low or near ambient temps. After all, why would it need to measure those low temperatures accurately, especially since EGT temps < 300 or 400 are of no use. There are thermocouples that are more accurate for a wider temperature range, but would be very expensive, and drive up the cost of the Juice w attitude package. Would you rather pay $50 or $100 more to get more accurate low temp readings?

Hope this makes sense

Tom
Yes i agree with you, but useing the BD therocoupler and X-Mon under the same conditions (eng load, rpm, air temp etc) my EGT's read 100-150 degrees hotter than the edge. Simular to the 50 deg +- 10 in the 300 range. I just dont trust the Edge reading. But i use it for the backdown settings and the cooldown timer features. I will soon reinstall the X-Mon pyro pre turbo and move the Edge to post turbo.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 231jasons
Yes i agree with you, but useing the BD therocoupler and X-Mon under the same conditions (eng load, rpm, air temp etc) my EGT's read 100-150 degrees hotter than the edge. Simular to the 50 deg +- 10 in the 300 range. I just dont trust the Edge reading. But i use it for the backdown settings and the cooldown timer features. I will soon reinstall the X-Mon pyro pre turbo and move the Edge to post turbo.
I'm not trying to back Edge here, so don't get me wrong. But I have a question for you. Why would you assume the BD is correct over the Edge? It could be the other way around you know.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Banned

Only because an infared temp gun was the same at the BD. This was only on the low end. But when i first turn key on in truck the BD pyro, tranns, eng, overhead and infa red all read exact same temp. The edge is the only one off by 30*............Could be better at normal range 700-1300* dont know. Just seems to be reading different than BD given same variables.