3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Why does everyone want smoke?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had to cut my cat in half because it wouldn't come out from underneath my truck so no more cats for me would that be considsered animal cruilty???
Old 10-13-2006, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by megajoltman
I was with my buddy in his bombed 12V lifted 4x4 4in pipe 5in tip, well some ricer tries to pull the pass us on the right and cut you off trick . He say's watch this get on it and the pipe was right at the dude's open window can you say "Smoke" Guy had to pull over
Now, that is AWESOME!!
Old 10-13-2006, 04:38 PM

heh heh I like these "smoke em out" stories! keep em coming!
Old 10-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by texasredrider
heh heh I like these "smoke em out" stories! keep em coming!
ok 20 minutes ago a buddy of mine was on a golf course near a side street....i was driving down the street and saw him about to swing his club...so i slowed down a bit and then just layed into it. all 3 of them jerked their heads my way. 5 minutes later i get a phone call....."hey ****** don't black smoke me when i am playing golf!" my reply "whatever you know you talk me into doing it all the time when you are with me." his reply "yea i know. it was awesome"
Old 10-13-2006, 05:36 PM

Ricers are the best. i dont enjoy smoking people out at a light if they look like they are just a regular nice person but if its a ricer or some punk kid who thinks hes cool, then i will by all means roll the coal. Also i have no problem smoking them out on the street, no matter who you are. Some ricer was sitting next to me at a light and i could tell he wanted to merge left about 100 yards later.

Well...long story short smoke went in the drivers window and out the sunroof. Out came the middle finger as well. love it.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Luken
Diesels smoke? I wonder if mine does? If so do I need to take it in for warranty????
Yours doesnt smoke, it just gets followed by a HUGE thunderstorm cloud whenever you drive.

But if it does smoke, yes you need to take it in for warranty. Your spark plugs may need to be recalibrated in relation to how many times your radio gets adjusted.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by StrokeThisCTD
Ricers are the best. i dont enjoy smoking people out at a light if they look like they are just a regular nice person but if its a ricer or some punk kid who thinks hes cool, then i will by all means roll the coal. Also i have no problem smoking them out on the street, no matter who you are. Some ricer was sitting next to me at a light and i could tell he wanted to merge left about 100 yards later.

Well...long story short smoke went in the drivers window and out the sunroof. Out came the middle finger as well. love it.
----------------

Now that's hilarious........"in the drivers window and out the sunroof" My eyes are watering laughing about that.

Sorry, can't top that one. I have had many people remain stopped at an intersection until the cloud cleared somewhat. Others just swerve one way or another.

I like to combine ear-splitting sound with smoke. Makes a more dramatic effect. Of course, when used responsibly........

Chris
Old 10-13-2006, 10:44 PM

i left my friends shop after putting the transmission in, and you know trying the tranny out. i let it lock up around 45 mph and rolled into the skinny pedal, and let out a monsterous cloud of smoke. i continued on my way home noticing a jeep behind me with a man on the cell phone. i pulled up in my driveway and the man follows me all the way home.(its about 10 miles out of the way.) he gets out of the jeep and flashes his badge. about 30 seconds later three parish cops pull into the neighborhood with thier lights just-a-flashing. LMAO, my mother inlaw calling to see what i have done. this old reserve cop tried to give me a ticket for wreckless driving for blacking out the interstate. anyways the three parish cops were pretty cool and told me to try and not smoking old cops out anymore. fun times
Old 10-14-2006, 12:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by greyrig05
i left my friends shop after putting the transmission in, and you know trying the tranny out. i let it lock up around 45 mph and rolled into the skinny pedal, and let out a monsterous cloud of smoke. i continued on my way home noticing a jeep behind me with a man on the cell phone. i pulled up in my driveway and the man follows me all the way home.(its about 10 miles out of the way.) he gets out of the jeep and flashes his badge. about 30 seconds later three parish cops pull into the neighborhood with thier lights just-a-flashing. LMAO, my mother inlaw calling to see what i have done. this old reserve cop tried to give me a ticket for wreckless driving for blacking out the interstate. anyways the three parish cops were pretty cool and told me to try and not smoking old cops out anymore. fun times
hahaha thats the best i have heard yet!
Old 10-14-2006, 05:39 AM

If I pulled something like that in mid-day traffic here in LA, people would be looking at me like *** is that guy's problem? But I'd do it to show up a Ferd any day... (when I get a new tranny) Speaking of which, I just remembered something..

I was driving on the freeway about a week ago and traffic started building up. I was like, "here we go again..." Few hundred feet later I found a newer Ford PSD pulling a 5th wheel on-road dead... The tow truck was there trying to load him up. I could see the guy inside looking around his console thinking "***!" Guess the poor guy's vacation was over. And he caused a lot of other motorists to be late.

Then today, as I was coming down the grapevine on I-5, I saw a semi rolled over on the center divider. The "grapevine" is a stretch of about 10 miles of 6.5% downhill. There's 2 runaway truck ramps during this stretch on opposite sides of the freeway. As I approached there was a lot of tire debris on the freeway. At the very bottom of the hill at the first turn, there was a truck completely wrecked and tipped on its side hanging over the center divider. I felt a twist in my stomach. Can you imagine being that driver? It's like, you can see your end coming near... Going downhill over 80 mph, sitting on 80k lbs. of moving steel, brakes are gone and you've already passed the runaway truck ramps, now you see a turn approaching........ I hope he was ok..

Sorry, off-topic, but there's a couple stories to share.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:40 AM

I got a good one for ya all.
So me and my 2 younger brother all have ctd powered dodges, both my bro's trucks are 01's with sticks and comp boxes (we all now how they will roll the coal, mine is no competition to them on the roll the coal scale-o-meter). Anyway we end up all following each other on a sunday afternoon to moms for dinner and mom has about a 8% grade to get up to her driveway in a residential area,25mph. For some mysterious reason the three of us end up three abreast at the bottom of the hill doing about 15 mph and all our boxes have been turned up to 5. Well you can see what's coming, the coal started rolling and OMG you'd thought there had been a terrible car fire. The air was that good air where the smoke just sits there. Anyway we all get to moms park and are BSing on the front porch and we here sirens headed in our direction and think OT OH. We watch as a first response truck and a fire engine roll up, one of the fireman yells out the window "you guys see a home on fire anywhere" I respond "I think it was just put out" he looked at me funny and they toke off. Come to find out one of the elderly gals that lives around the corner from mom had called 911 because "she saw smoke coming from the house on the corner". I don't think my bro's and I will ever hear the end of that from mom, it was great. The one thing I regret now is not taking a pic to share with all of ya.

Sorry for the lenght,
T398
Old 10-14-2006, 08:22 PM

thats funny stuff
Old 10-14-2006, 10:20 PM

This is still the favorite smoke video I made.
http://media.putfile.com/smokin-diesel-style
That Hot juice will just roll it with the HTB2 if you don't give it the RPM to spool.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:31 AM

Holy Crap CG98 Thats some sick smoke. If you did that here in California I think the Hybrid/Leaf Licker crowd would track you down and you would be doing prision time .
Old 10-15-2006, 10:09 AM

MY GOD! That's crazy smoke for practically a block. All this from a turbo that is supposed to be quick spool??? Am I missing something here. I would not be able to do that with my setup even if I tried. The turbo would spool and/or the truck would be going faster, more rpm. What was your boost/rpm during this time?

Good video.

Quick Reply: Why does everyone want smoke?