3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Why do I keep blowing fuel rail pressure senders with Quadzilla pressure boxes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do I keep blowing fuel rail pressure senders with Quadzilla pressure boxes?

I've wrecked three fuel rail pressure sensors while using Quadzilla pressure boxes. I've been stacking a Quadzilla Xzillaraider pressure box on my 06. A few months ago I had a fuel rail sensor go bad. I replaced it and left the Xzillaraider off for a couple of weeks. Within minutes of re installing the Xzillaraider I blew a second transducer.

At this point I sent the Xzillaraider back to Quadzilla to be fixed and upgraded to the Xzillaraider 2. I drove around stock for several months without any problems before reinstalling the Quadzilla. Once again within minutes I blew another fuel rail sensor!

What is causing this? Has anyone else experienced this with Quadzilla or any other pressure box?

Carl
Old 03-27-2009, 10:27 PM

i blew 3 rail pressure senders in 3 months with quad rail gauge. i phoned them and they hung up on me.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:49 AM

My RP sensor also went out after 2 months from using just the Quad RP gauge. Its nice to know that is Quads fault and nothing worse. I guess I will sell the RP gauge when the next RP sensor goes.

Where is the best place to get a sensor for cheap, cuz I heard the are $$$$
Old 03-28-2009, 07:17 AM

phone quad once. they laughed at me and hung up. i can guarantee its from the rp gauge.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
never had good luck with quad boxes, ruined 2 sets of injectors on my 03 and the box i got for 1 of the 98.5 never did anything for it was a big waste of money. got a box for an 03 if anyone wants to buy it cheap LOL
Old 03-28-2009, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by SlowSixSpeed
My RP sensor also went out after 2 months from using just the Quad RP gauge. Its nice to know that is Quads fault and nothing worse. I guess I will sell the RP gauge when the next RP sensor goes.

Where is the best place to get a sensor for cheap, cuz I heard the are $$$$
I basically had the same issue but you cant tell anyone they think that gauge is the greatest thing ever
Old 03-28-2009, 02:27 PM

fuel transmitter, used 4 in 8 months.

Went back to a guage, they have a new model out and they'll be happy to take your VISA number once again.

DONE WITH THEM

Garbage
Old 03-28-2009, 03:04 PM

My quadzilla rail pressure gauge works flawlessly. It's the performance boxes that have been giving me trouble.

I've been picking up my sensors at Cummins for $113. The want $735 for them at the dealer!
Old 03-28-2009, 03:19 PM

run the pressure box on the dyno or events other than that shut it off if you dont need it
Old 03-31-2009, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by 6 2 Carl
I've wrecked three fuel rail pressure sensors while using Quadzilla pressure boxes. I've been stacking a Quadzilla Xzillaraider pressure box on my 06. A few months ago I had a fuel rail sensor go bad. I replaced it and left the Xzillaraider off for a couple of weeks. Within minutes of re installing the Xzillaraider I blew a second transducer.

At this point I sent the Xzillaraider back to Quadzilla to be fixed and upgraded to the Xzillaraider 2. I drove around stock for several months without any problems before reinstalling the Quadzilla. Once again within minutes I blew another fuel rail sensor!

What is causing this? Has anyone else experienced this with Quadzilla or any other pressure box?

Carl

Are you sure they are failing?

It sounds to me like maybe the box does have a problem and is giving you codes but, it is pretty difficult to wreck a sensor.

I guess what I want to know is, what makes you think they are actually bad or blown up.

Also for those that have a RP gauge and said it took out the transducer it is IMPOSSIBLE. I have went over this 1000 times. The RP gauge has a set of connectors that are wires straight through with 1 wire connected to the signal wires and brought into the gauge. We DO NOT use power or ground from the sensor. Basically it is like connecting a voltmeter probe up to the signal wire. There is no possible way under any circumstance that the gauge can hurt that sensor.

Now, at one point when they were first released there were some connectors that did not have seals in one hole of one of the connectors. That coupled with power washing an engine could damage a sensor due to water getting into it??
Old 04-01-2009, 12:18 AM

All it takes is a little water in a cheap connection to ground it out...
Old 04-01-2009, 09:30 AM

All it takes is a little water in a cheap connection to ground it out...
I guess the Bosch Connectors we use are cheap? I mean they are only the same ones and same part #'s that Cummins uses.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:41 AM

Have you always used those??? They look a little different.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:09 PM

Always used Bosch connectors.

We did have a small amount of harnesses go out with wires double pinned at the connector and were not sealed when we first started the gauge. (I addressed this in my first post) and it is possible that with pressure water could have went into the sensor itself.

I actually went out and power washed one of our trucks with one on there, got the truck to not start, unplugged the sensor, dried it out and it started right back up????

Since then which was like 2 years ago or something??? We double pin in our molded connector and use 100% factory seals on the Bosch connector.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Banned

Wink

Here is pic to show the double wire connection with NO seal installed.

Quick Reply: Why do I keep blowing fuel rail pressure senders with Quadzilla pressure boxes?