3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

why cant compants just ship when promised!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why cant compants just ship when promised!!!!!!!!

Anyone been having a hard time with distributors/companies promising delivery and not producing? This is the 3rd fuel pump order that i have had to wait excessive time for and am thinking that it may not be worth the time spent with this company.
Sorry for the rant just needed to get it off my chest!
Old 01-02-2009, 08:36 AM

I am not defending who ever, but being in business myself, often times I will be told I am getting a product on a certain date and when I receive it latter that that, it's real hard to deliver the part to the customer on the correct date. Also if he is modding, he may have a supplier not get him the parts he needs on time. Companies do not stock as much as they used to, because it costs too much.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:46 AM

Yep, I ordered a programer for a friend with a gas powered ford from a place called laguna speed. I ordered on Dec. 20. After receiving no shipping info, I contacted them by email on the Dec. 23 but received no response. By Dec. 30, I finally was able to get through to the sales department only to find out the item was back-ordered. I told them I wanted to cancel my order and they wanted to charge me a 10% cancellation fee plus the money would not be credited back to my account for 45-60 days. I asked why no one replyed to let me know the programmer was back-ordered and they could not give me a answer. I will NEVER order from laguna speed again. Their customer service stinks.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:50 AM

i am a shop myself and understand how it all works but this is a company selling to a dealer and ity is getting verry annoying, and it is verry dificult when the customer is from out of town or even out of state and brings there truck to you cause of the "service" then you suplieres dont come through!
Old 01-02-2009, 08:57 AM

Hope its not against the rules here to place the companys name above. Sorry to the admins. if so, I just put their name because they also sell diesel parts and don't want anyone else to have the trouble and bad experience I did.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I have had a hard time with languna speed also...
Old 01-02-2009, 01:02 PM

You're not kidding, been waiting 2 weeks on a loan check for my new truck in the mail. Was supposed to take 4-5 business days, and they talked me out of expediting it because the lady claimed it wasn't worth it.

Two weeks later, I still don't have my new truck...
Old 01-02-2009, 03:12 PM

laguna has always been good to me
Old 01-02-2009, 03:22 PM

It has nothing to do with diesels, but I ordered a DVD for my wife on Dec. 13th and it showed up on Dec. 29th and the USPS website said it was delivered on the 26th. I called the local post office and they said they'd talk to the carrier. Oddly enough, it showed up that night. He called me the next morning and said "We're sorry, it was 'misdelivered". Sometimes it's the company and sometimes it's the shipper.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:50 PM

i had a terrible time w/ RPM Outlet!! they lied to me three times, double charged me, and took over a month in a half to get my order.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by smoke19D
i had a terrible time w/ RPM Outlet!! they lied to me three times, double charged me, and took over a month in a half to get my order.
DUDE ME TOO!!!!! That place is a joke! I was jerked aroung for 4 month's and still didnt get the order! They just gave me a "In store credit" when i finally had enough and wanted to cancel the order!

Called up Geno's for the same part and had it in 3 days!!
Old 01-02-2009, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by smoke19D
Yeah, I've heard all kinds of bad things about that place...

It's funny how they used to have 3-4 page ads in all the diesel magazines, and you don't even hear about them anymore!
Old 01-02-2009, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bswope
DUDE ME TOO!!!!! That place is a joke! I was jerked aroung for 4 month's and still didnt get the order! They just gave me a "In store credit" when i finally had enough and wanted to cancel the order!

Called up Geno's for the same part and had it in 3 days!!
4 months i was furious after a month in a half, i can't imagine 4 months since then i have used these forums to find only the most reputable companies to order from........and I haven't had one problem since!!
Old 01-02-2009, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by megacabdad
It's funny how they used to have 3-4 page ads in all the diesel magazines, and you don't even hear about them anymore!
that used to annoy me too! when you see that big of an add in a magazine, it leads you to believe that it's a good company. that's definitely not the case with those guys!! ok i'm off my rant and done with my thread hijacking

jason
Old 01-02-2009, 05:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Just a heads up, always try to order with a credit card. If you are screwed over on an order that you paid with a credit card and contact your credit card company regarding it they will often credit the money back to your card. The credit card company almost always backs their customer and it falls to the retailer to prove otherwise.

When I was in tech school for my HD ticket another student ordered a replacment rear end for his car and had it shipped direct to the school. Was told on the phone that they had opened it and inspected it and gaureenteed it was good with a 30day money back. When it arrieved it was obvious no one had cracked the cover so we opened it up and found chipped teeth. He called the wrecker back and they refused to take it back or refund his money.

On the advice of the insrtuctor he contacted his CC company and told them the story. They told him to send proof of return shipping for the axle and they would refund his money. He sent it back(collect), forwarded the paper work to the credit card company and within 2 weeks had the credit on his card balance.

If you've been stiffed on an item you paid for with a credit card call your company and see what they can do for you.

Quick Reply: why cant compants just ship when promised!!!!!!!!