3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Who's selling their 3rd Gen due to ever rising fuel prices

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 09:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lets lobby Congress to drill oil in Alaska, screw the dang enviro-freaks. There are too many caribou and moose in Alaska anyway, lets tap into that black gold!

We've got enough easy access oil up there to fuel us till were old men, then we won't drive enough to care about fuel cost anyway!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In fact, I'm surprised one of the presidential candidates hasn't figured out this awesome platform, guaranteed election winner for sure!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be making a decision on selling my truck in the next week. I will probably de-mod, so I'll let everyone know before I post in the classifieds.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:19 PM

I'll go broke before I stop driving my cummins. I might try to come up with something better to drive if the fuel keeps going up, but as far as I'm concerned we just need to find some miracle and get everyone in the US to not buy fuel for a week or so till they lower it. But unless that happens, we can all just drive our beaters to work, and play in our cummins on the weekends.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Megaramasaur
I will be making a decision on selling my truck in the next week. I will probably de-mod, so I'll let everyone know before I post in the classifieds.
Then PM me with pics and $$$ on your rear bumper!
Old 04-23-2008, 01:44 AM

Diesel costs about $1.40 a liter here in B.C., Canada and with about 4 liters in a gallon thats $5.60...I don't even look at the pump, just pump and pay. And no I'll never sell my diesel.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:44 AM
kjp

Not sellin mine. I spent a year in the sad to pay for mine.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just the expense of selling with the loss and the cost of another vehicle purchase, if that's part of it, is going to take a lot of fuel price difference to recover that money. I have no intention of selling because of fuel prices. I don't drive a lot so it doesn't hurt me as bad as some.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:01 AM

My guess is that Diesel will not come down too much, but regular gas will catch up to it.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by 05HDRAM
My guess is that Diesel will not come down too much, but regular gas will catch up to it.
Exactly, this is not just a Diesel problem. Its a worldwide fuel problem.

I predict we see $8 fuel before the whole economy collapses...
Old 04-23-2008, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Megaramasaur
good luck selling... but even with de-modding and such, with the price of fuel as high as it is, you will loose your a-- selling. yea selling off the mods will kinda off set the cost a bit, but not the headaches of taking everything off it.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:24 AM

I am with Justin, I forsee the fuel situation and corperate greed collapsing the entire economy here. We will keep paying what they are charging clear until we can't pay anymore. All the while they make record profits every quarter. I will not get rid of my Cummins until I nolonger have any other option.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:58 AM

These are sad topics and I hate reading them, but America is hurting right now with the price of fuel. This is defiantly pushing people in to Hybrids, more economical cars or to explore with other types of biofuels. Common sense tells me that auto makers and the oil companies do business together. "Raise prices to help me get a return on my investment in R&D on hybrid technologies for a few years... and then lower the price so they're willing to trade their Hybrid's on SUVs in a few years..."
Whether I right or wrong it is something to thing about?

I wont sell my truck I will be runing WVO in the next year give or take. Before I let my inventment go.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:46 AM

I will not sell my truck. I just drive less. Not going offroading that much maybe 1 or 2 times this year and 1 or 2 to jamboree. As far horse back riding
maybe 3 times this year. I hate to hear someone sealing there ctd that like
killing a cowboys horse back in the day.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:58 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
my wife and i ride together to work.

so instead of saying i get 16mpg, i say to myself i am getting 32mpg, by her not driving another car in the opposite direction.

but i did find a beater yesterday. waiting on a price for it.
at $80 a week for deisel, a $800 car getting ~25mpg will pay for itself quick.

no reason to sell the CTD, you need it.

you can buy a beater for LESS than the deprecation on trade in/tax/title/doc fee and headache.

trade your rear bumper for a beater!

Quick Reply: Who's selling their 3rd Gen due to ever rising fuel prices