3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Who's selling their 3rd Gen due to ever rising fuel prices

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have thought about getting rid of my truck in the past but since it has been down sence march 28 just sitting here waiting on the injectors i relize how there is no way that i could ever get rid of it. maybe buy something else to drive to and from work and drive the truck on the weekends or if i go i somewhere. fuel is 4.16 a gallon here so it wouldnt take long to pay for a 1000 beater if i can find one.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:44 AM

I could never get rid of mine since it is working over 300 days of the year and pulling my work home (5ver) from location to location.

My next haul is from san antonio to Ulysses KS and at current fuel prices it is not going to be pretty but you have to keep making money.

Fuel prices are high and most likely will proceed up before they fall thanks to speculation if the nigerians or saudis pass gas the price goes up. If stupid down in Venenzuela opens his mouth up it goes.

A lot of people that I work with are looking for an old car with great mileage to save their ride rather than selling their pride and joy. I dont have the option but it is nice to think about getting a vette.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:55 AM

I won't be selling mine.. I don't drive it much anymore, but I won't be selling it. I like it too much to get rid of it.
Scott
Old 04-22-2008, 08:57 AM

No way I'm selling mine. The mental and physical pain I endured for the six months I went without a Cummins last year was too much. No matter what the fuel costs, I'm not getting rid of my truck.

That's not to say I won't ride my motorcycles or drive the fiancee's car when I have an opportunity. Heck, I may even buy a 4-cylinder beater car. I've got my eye on an old Montero 2-door. Just got to talk my future mother-in-law out of it already...
Old 04-22-2008, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Dwitt0187
fuel is 4.16 a gallon here so it wouldnt take long to pay for a 1000 beater if i can find one.

Ha ha. No doubt. Diesel here is $4.40-$4.50 depending on where you fill up. Gas is still around $3.70-$3.80.

I know if I take the fiancee's car up to the Sierras and back I'm spending $100 on gas to make the trip. Diesel costs me $220 for the same trip. Doesn't take long at that spread to pay for a second beater car...
Old 04-22-2008, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by JCLeary
No way I'm selling mine. The mental and physical pain I endured for the six months I went without a Cummins last year was too much. No matter what the fuel costs, I'm not getting rid of my truck.

That's not to say I won't ride my motorcycles or drive the fiancee's car when I have an opportunity. Heck, I may even buy a 4-cylinder beater car. I've got my eye on an old Montero 2-door. Just got to talk my future mother-in-law out of it already...
Hope that Montero is an auto if it's 4x4...the 5spd/transfercase sucks and cost way too much when it comes apart.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:21 AM

I just bought my truck last summer and cant stand the diesel prices.... But as many have said its my dream truck so I wont be letting her go anytime soon..... As far as a second beater car... who wants to leave the house looking at your awesome truck sitting in the driveway calling your name

My wife has a Dodge Nitro and her milage is worse then mine. It cost the same to drive my truck as it does for her to drive a little SUV......
Old 04-22-2008, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by WOT Racing
I just bought my truck last summer and cant stand the diesel prices.... But as many have said its my dream truck so I wont be letting her go anytime soon..... As far as a second beater car... who wants to leave the house looking at your awesome truck sitting in the driveway calling your name

My wife has a Dodge Nitro and her milage is worse then mine. It cost the same to drive my truck as it does for her to drive a little SUV......
same thing here.. last summer got rid of my jeep for something bigger and i thought would be alittle friendlier on fuel. plus its my dream truck, so i wanted it. but now im looking at parking it and getting a fuel efficient POS.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:19 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Walked onto the Toyota lot and said give me the cheapest car on the lot... PROUD owner of a Corolla and 40mpg!!!
Old 04-22-2008, 10:40 AM

Hanging on!

An econo-box will not do the towing that I presently need so I'm hanging onto mine now. That doesn't mean I won't be looking at a hybrid; hopefully the 2009 model lineup has some more choices. I figured beers/mile on my bicycle and that is not very pretty either. Round number $0.33/beer, a beer/mile, 18 miles = 18 beers = $6.00, so on and so on......

L8r,.........dogger
Old 04-22-2008, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by soulezoo
Walked onto the Toyota lot and said give me the cheapest car on the lot... PROUD owner of a Corolla and 40mpg!!!
id go that route but im not looking for another car payment. 40 mpg is pretty **** money though- at least now it is..
Old 04-22-2008, 12:13 PM
KKB

Not getting rid of mine, though these fuel prices hurt big time. Since I live a little over one mile away from work mine just sits most of the time. Only drive it when I absolutely need to.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Well I have no idea why I have my truck anymore besides the fact I am to proud to let someone else simply buy it from me and drive her away. My construction buisness has changed to a contracting/consulting buisness, so I dont even use her anymore. I drive it once every week to week and a half just to keep things in working order. But I just cant bring myself to sell the fat girl, too much time,too many mistakes, and too much money spent to let her go. Finance wise it makes no sense to have another payment, insurance, and fuel bill. But I guess Im just that hard headed cause unless I am at the brink of loosing everything my truck will still be parked in my driveway .
Old 04-22-2008, 02:07 PM

na its mine , just gota keep them eggs under my right foot! My wifes Mini Cooper S only gets 8 mpg more than me
Old 04-22-2008, 02:16 PM

I put $127.00 in the tank this morning...that's gonna leave a mark! Still costs less than the SUV I traded for it and it sure pulls alot harder.

Quick Reply: Who's selling their 3rd Gen due to ever rising fuel prices