3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Who has subs with fold flat storage?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who has subs with fold flat storage?

If you do post pics of your setup!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:58 PM

Not really sure if that is possible, I haven't seen it yet. Then again, I never claim to have seen/know it all.

You have very limited space/depth for mounting subs under those floors though, just doesn't seem likely to me.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:05 PM

jl audio actually sells a preformed sub enclosure to gi in that location.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:06 PM

I think he wants to know if you can do it AND keep the fold flat panels.

I don't think so, but I've been wrong before.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:09 PM

oh i understand. i think u probly could do it but it would sound bad because of all the rattling
Old 08-14-2007, 10:17 PM

I am going to be the jerk who comes out and says it, I disagree with you maniac. I have the fold flats, and can not see mounting a sub under them when closed. the pass. side may have enough room, but the volume of the box would be so small, never meet the requirements of a decent sub IMO.

could you fit a sub under there? yes
could you od this and still have a quality constructed box with adequate volume? I doubt it.

but again, I never claim to have seen/know it all.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:17 PM

Doesn't the factory kicker option keep the fold flats?
Old 08-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Banned

Don't know if this is what you're after, but one option is to replace the front seat center section with a sub enclosure. This is what I did, and I'm running a 12" JL W6 sub, and it sounds great.

A guy on ebay makes these with factory matching materials. It's called a HotBox.

I believe JL also makes one of these center sections. You can still have someone sit there, but not really comfortable. If you don't need this space as a seat, I think it's the best option, and still allows you to keep the fold flat storage.

--Eric
Old 08-15-2007, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by enafzige
Don't know if this is what you're after, but one option is to replace the front seat center section with a sub enclosure. This is what I did, and I'm running a 12" JL W6 sub, and it sounds great.

A guy on ebay makes these with factory matching materials. It's called a HotBox.

I believe JL also makes one of these center sections. You can still have someone sit there, but not really comfortable. If you don't need this space as a seat, I think it's the best option, and still allows you to keep the fold flat storage.

--Eric
Do you have any pics of it?
Old 08-15-2007, 01:19 PM

--Eric
Yep, thats what ill be going with when I get to the sound system....
I can afford to lose the storage space under my back seat, and I cant lose the "custom" fold flat floor thats back there either

Plus, I have NEVER had a 3rd person up front, heck I dont even think a child would be comfortable there...
Old 08-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Banned

Yeah, I have pics, but imagestation.com is down today for repairs...I can post tomorrow.

I found this writeup for a 2nd truck, that will give the general idea...although the material match isn't particularly good on this one.

--Eric
Old 08-15-2007, 03:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I got subs but no fold flat panels JL will have them if anyone does.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stacked97
Plus, I have NEVER had a 3rd person up front, heck I dont even think a child would be comfortable there...
i have had lots of tail there. they dont seem to complain...not that id care though! they only sit there when my back seat is full of stuff and theres 3 of us...besides all they guys that see you when you stop someone where want to be you once they see the girls getting out of the truck

brett
Old 08-15-2007, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
i have had lots of tail there. they dont seem to complain...not that id care though! they only sit there when my back seat is full of stuff and theres 3 of us...besides all they guys that see you when you stop someone where want to be you once they see the girls getting out of the truck

brett
My old lady rides shotgun, and ive always got stuff in the console(I dont want to get all over the place), the floor shifter for 4wd, cupholders down with stuff in them, and a CB all wedged in there, theres no room for anyones feet. The only person that could ride there might be a double amputee
Old 08-15-2007, 04:09 PM

I think it's the best option, and still allows you to keep the fold flat storage.

--Eric
I saw a little picture on Ebay and from the picture it looks like you'd lose the storage compartment but keep it as a backrest or armrest. Isn't the sub mounting inside the storage area? Or is it mounting under the seat (not the backrest)?

Quick Reply: Who has subs with fold flat storage?