3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Who has Qaud Commander and like or dislike

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Who has Qaud Commander and like or dislike

Hey Gurus, Need guages on truck, I like analog looks, but are more expensive, but also like value and multiple functions of Commander. Stock truck except exhaust, don't want to lose my warranty so no box till later. Been reading some of posts about Commander, seems button issues, LCD issues, but service on these seems really responsive. Maybe they were just new and had to get bugs out. 1. How long they been out? 2. Could some of you please tell me some of your likes, dislikes? 3. Would you buy it again? Thanks
Old 09-14-2006, 10:25 PM

I'm pretty sure all of the issues were w/ the initial models. I have heard many people say that the revisions are much better in quality. I'll give some more detail after I get mine on this weekend, hopefully.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:38 PM

I am sure there will be plenty to chime in but, I figured I would offer my .02 worth as well!

Most of the issues you saw at the beginning was just the struggles of getting up and going on mass production. We had hundreds of beta testers across all of the vehicles and even with all of that when production came around we learned a few new things.

Bottom line is this:

No button issues
No LCD issues
No other known bugs

All new models appear to be bulletproof. I am also not aware that any vendor has any old models in stock. Everything on the shelves SHOULD be new models.

Quad
Old 09-14-2006, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
All new models appear to be bulletproof. I am also not aware that any vendor has any old models in stock. Everything on the shelves SHOULD be new models.

Quad
That's what I like to hear! Nate Durbin w/ Cowboy Diesel Performance seemed to be happy w/ your products so I figured I'd give it a try.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:57 PM

Production woes are sometimes hard to predict but have comfort in knowing that if you have ANY issues we will resolve them ASAP.

Quad
Old 09-14-2006, 11:28 PM

I was one of the guys who got an early one, and Quad took care of me, now the commander works awesome. It's great because it is a stand alone guage, so I can use it with the smarty and eventually tst. I wanted 3 pillar guages, but it was just too expensive for the fuel pressure guage, and we know how important that is for the 24 v.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:47 PM

How long's the installation take? Weekend project planning.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nelrod
Hey Gurus, Need guages on truck, I like analog looks, but are more expensive, but also like value and multiple functions of Commander. Stock truck except exhaust, don't want to lose my warranty so no box till later. Been reading some of posts about Commander, seems button issues, LCD issues, but service on these seems really responsive. Maybe they were just new and had to get bugs out. 1. How long they been out? 2. Could some of you please tell me some of your likes, dislikes? 3. Would you buy it again? Thanks
i Have had Both Bully is Far Better in My Books ! Install Was about 1 1/2 hrs
Very Easy

Regards,
col
Old 09-15-2006, 12:11 AM

I got my Commander and it has worked perfectly. No problems whatsoever. It looks cleaner and takes up less space than the equivelent analog guages.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:27 AM

I like mine, and it wasnt too hard to install! Get a commander and you wont be sorry, Quad will always hook you up!

He hooked me up with a beta tester and it rules!
Old 09-15-2006, 02:47 AM
Chapter President

The only thing I can complain about is the data logging only lasts until you turn the truck off. Then it resets the values.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:12 AM

That actually happend to me tonight! I was wanting to see what max boost I hit and accidently turned my truck off first.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:46 AM

I have had mine installed since May. I love it so far and the install including the fuel pressure unit took 2 hours. I always set it to defuel at 1350 EGT's when I pull the 5th wheel.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:45 AM
Banned

you wont be sorry? get it
Old 09-15-2006, 12:52 PM

Bought mine used from a member here. Install was easy and it seems to be working fine. I'm only using the basic 4 gauges and using my old switch to control my Quad box since it's easier to reach than the Commander.

Quick Reply: Who has Qaud Commander and like or dislike