3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Who has a power pup?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been running mine for about 2 months on Extreme and I think it's a hoot. I generally don't make it a full tank of fuel without lambasting it a bit, and I've seen a consistent 1mpg gain in mileage. If I could keep my foot out of it and drive normally all the time, I think I might see 2mpg total. I'm not really that concerned with it right now, so I drive the way I've always driven.

Extreme slipped my stock clutch the day I put it in. If I go WOT in 5th or 6th gear, it will slip and it's getting progressively worse. Now I can slip the clutch in 4th gear if I go WOT. If you don't want to hassle with a clutch, run a lower setting.

I love mine, and won't think of changing it until I decide whether or not I'm going to go bigger power once I the truck paid off.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:40 AM

The pup is my favorite. It is perfect for my needs. I didn't know about the alleged time stamp issue but it's too late to change that now. I have had the Ramifier stacked w/ the pup for about 6k miles and love it. The Ramifier helps down low alot. As far as the outlook, I haven't experienced any of the problems that other members reported.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:50 AM

DieselRaptor:

I am only wanted to purchase one or the the other. Adjustable RAMifier or Power Pup? Which one do you recommend? I would rather get one that will not be to hard on my truck...

any thoughts...anyone?
Old 06-06-2005, 06:53 PM

I don't know if I can give an unbiased suggestion because I am way too fond of the stack. I can vouch that when you have the pup on extreme you will produce black smoke!

I think there are pros and cons to each. Pup w/ the timestamp and fooling w/ the ECM and it seems alot of people think that the RAMifier can exceed rail pressure when it's turned up quite a bit. But w/ the pup on perf mode and the RAMifier about a third on I have had a great time against a Duramax and a Mustang. The Mustang was priceless, when I passed him and got in the merge lane he was flipping the bird to me when HE was the one power braking and looking over at me at the stop light!!

I just got an Xzillaraider last week to try but I am having a wiring harness issue. I need to send it back for a new one. Not trying to muddy the waters but if your not wanting to do too many other upgrades to your truck you might want to do a little research on the Xzillaraider.
Not too many members have anything negative to say about it.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:08 PM

CETANE,
I haven't been on the board for awhile. To answer your question about EGTs, it is hard for me to tell because I have seen some outragous EGTs in all modes. They might be a little hight in performance and extreme. The turbos on these truck are too small anyhow. I am not going to worry about it. Maybe when I get my FASS installed they might come down some.

Ron
Old 06-07-2005, 10:35 AM

Ronsrig?

How high have your EGT's reached? It seems as if the Xzilleraider "Standard" may be the safest box for me.....

Who has one and what do you think?

WORKING ON DIESELS IS AN ADDICTION!!!!!
Old 06-07-2005, 10:50 AM

By the way...

THe other day I had a DuraMax pull up beside of me on the interstate. He and I was running about 70 MPH and he looked at me and grinned ..he started to pass me and i was like ....OH HELL NO!!! "SON IF UR TRUK IS STOCK...U AINT PASSING THIS CUMMINZZZZ" ....

Well, needless to say we both got on it ...I stay'd with him till bout 80 and then all of a sudden...his DUraMax took off like a bat outta hell! BLACK SMOKE POURRRRRR'D from his exhaust tip.

Since that moment in my life .... I HAVE MADE THE VOW TO NEVER let a DURAMAX OR POWERSTROKE TAKE MY 600 again ....HAHAHHA ....or atleast I want to make some BLACK BLACK BLACK SMOKE TOO!!!!!
Old 06-07-2005, 03:09 PM

I have the Power Pup Stacked with The Juice and EZ, and I'm very pleased. When I stacked the Power Pup on level 2, I actually got a 2MPH Gain in mileage. As far as power, 478 HP -992 TQ on a mustang dyno. The amount of smoke I put out is actually pretty embarrassing, in fact they are giving tickets for it in UTAH. Very few DURAMAXS or Powerstrokes can hang. In fact last week I had a powerstroke pull up to me on the freeway, he had a Juice/attitude monitor and exhaust Visible, and wanted to run. He hit it and jumped ahead of me, needless to say that didn't last for very long, in fact I blew by him so fast his jaw dropped! Anyway I have enjoyed the Powerpup. -I still need to send in for the Crazy Larry Program.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:38 PM

Dieselraptor,
Please post back on stacking the xzillerator with the pup versus the pup with the ramifier. I am running the pup on perf and the quad race box on 60. Seems pretty strong, would like know what you think. I was going with the ramifier but was offered a good deal on the quad. Wich stack do you think performs better?
Old 06-07-2005, 11:42 PM

i have the bddl on performance plus i have full 4 inch exhaust and long magnaflow muff airaid inlet filter box and the mit tube by airaid a shift body with increased locking press and i had piers mod the turbo with heavy bearings hx 40 spools and added oiling and balance with a tst adj boost elbow running 36 lbs i get over 21 at 70 on highway or all around driving about 18 and pulling a fiver 14000 lbs 13.9 to 15.9 mpg the max so far pulling a grade shifted down at 70 mph with the fiver is 1323 pre turbo this thing rocks is smootheeee for all driving a little smoke but not much with the new turbo and higher boost .no problems and i have been running it two years.i also have the outlook set at 75 % everyday driving and 100 for heavy pulling .coming up out of texarkana up hills at 70 75 pulling had a trucker pull up at fuel stop and ask me what kind of truck i had he had been chasing me for 200 hundred miles and could not pull up to me.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:32 PM

I really don't see the temps that my max reading show me on my SPA gauge. It happens so fast that by the time I see the warning light come on and I glance over, the light is out and the temp are back in safe range. For an instant my pre turbo temps get over 1800*, even in stock mode.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:02 PM

I have the pup too. The only time any ford wants to race is when I have a pallet of tile in the back. Don't know why, but it always happens.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:39 PM

New guy, with a couple of questions: Does re-flashing the computer damage it over time? (2) someone mentioned problems with the outlook. they are? (3)
(4)What is crazy larry and what is TST?

Thx
Old 06-12-2005, 08:37 PM

Crazy Larry is the 200HP edition of the Bully Dog Power Pup Downloader...The TST is on of the baddest power enhancing boxes available for the Cummins.

Quick Reply: Who has a power pup?