3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Who in the Dallas area should I use to install a Leveling kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Who in the Dallas area should I use to install a Leveling kit?

I want to install a 2" leveling kit for my 2003 4WD. Does anyone have any suggestions on a shop in the D/FW area that will do the job right?

Thanks in advance.

Gdnvl
Old 05-10-2004, 11:27 AM

I have had decent luck with an outfit called the Accessory superstore off of 35E just before you get to Denton. Can't miss it, as they have a Jeep mounted over the door.

I also know that they sell them too.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:48 AM

Try this place,

I had a 2" leveling kit installed by Mike's Off Road in Euless. They seem to do alot of 4wd stuff there.

Mike's Off Road

The driving directions are on their website.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:22 PM

Why not just install the leveling kit yourself? It's an easy install if you don't feel comfortable installing it yourself ask questios on here. We'll give you good info.

-CM
Old 05-10-2004, 02:29 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can do it for you with one of my custom fit concrete bed liners. Guaranteed to level that truck right on out for you.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:33 AM

I've also heard that Mike's Off-Road is a good place. A place called 4-Wheel Parts also deserves some recognition.
What type of leveling kit are you going to install? I did the front 2" spacers and since then, I've had to replace the track bar. I don't know if the spacers are causing the front end problem or not. Since I had the track bar replaced about 3 weeks ago, I'm having all sorts of wild popping noise in the front end again when I turn my wheel. I need to take it back in to see what the problem is.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:26 AM

I was planning on the 2" spacers

Schorb,

I was planning on installing the 2" spacers to level the truck. I have a Maverick front-end replacement and it makes the truck appear to dip even furter in the front. It worries me a little to hear about your problems after installing the spacers. Was the track bar covered under warranty? If so diod the dealer say anything about the spacers? Did you go with the plastic or steel?

Gordonville
Old 05-14-2004, 11:05 PM

Houston here!
I have installed the leveling kit and it is awesome. I got the parts from 4 wheel parts for around $150. They wanted to much here, I think it was around $600-$700 & it would take a day. They told me that I needed longer shocks in the front or I would have major problems. So being the person I am, I took one of the OEM shock out and measure the difference. You dont need new shocks, OEM are fine. I have have the kit on for about 17k with no problems. I did install them myself (in about 1 hour and got an alignment at the Dealer under warranty(steering wheel off center). Yes it does tweak your steering wheel, but alignment was in specs. You do have to Remove one of the balljoints the do this easy job. If I recall, it was on the pass. side. All you need is a big jack and big tools & and maybe a ladder.

I think there is another issue as far as he track bar is concerned(make sure to line the coils back up in original position(mark them before you take out) or you might get popping...
Old 05-14-2004, 11:21 PM

Why remove the ball joint? That doesn't make any sense.

Remove shocks.
Lower axle.
Take coils out.
Put 2in spacer in place
Put coils back
Reinstall shocks.

Very simply install. Just dive in and learn about your truck. Don't go some place to have your steering wheel centered. Take some time and learn about your truck and you can do the adjustment yourself. All you need to do is adjust the bar between your steering arm and your linkage. 2 bolts and twist of the adjuster and you'll save yourself money.

Save money become a grease monkey. Money for tools is worth the investment for the amount of money you save and the quality time with your truck.

-CM