3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Who chiseled there torque tube??

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who chiseled there torque tube??

I am trying to find and see someone who chiseled there torqe tube instead of building one with an aluminum pipe, 90 degree elbows....etc. Who kept the stock setup but took the plastics out of the middle tube??
Old 04-30-2006, 09:10 PM

I built my own...i figure its gotta have a benefit over the stock one with the inners removed or companies like AFE wouldnt be around. I built it for about $50...
Old 04-30-2006, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by 8mpg
I built my own...i figure its gotta have a benefit over the stock one with the inners removed or companies like AFE wouldnt be around. I built it for about $50...
you mean the typical, right??? 4" pipe about 8" long, T-clamps, (2)90deg rubber elbows????
Old 04-30-2006, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by VikingDiesel
you mean the typical, right??? 4" pipe about 8" long, T-clamps, (2)90deg rubber elbows????
yup... if you want to do it all nice, try getting a aluminium 4" j shaped pipe. Cut it on the bottom. THe lower elbow doesnt fit perfectly, sorta rubs on the oil filter and mount, then use a straight fitting...if you can weld it, weld the remainder of the J cut on the top and use another straight.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:28 PM

i just took mine and hit the baffles from the bottom side till the top piece poped of then glued it back on
Old 04-30-2006, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by texaspower19
i just took mine and hit the baffles from the bottom side till the top piece poped of then glued it back on
so took the long middle piece in the middle and all the plastic pieces on the side??? pics??

Btw, any pics of where you mounted the camera?? for the bottom video
Old 04-30-2006, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by texaspower19
Same here works good and is free.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by VikingDiesel
so took the long middle piece in the middle and all the plastic pieces on the side??? pics??

Btw, any pics of where you mounted the camera?? for the bottom video
i dont have any pics of it but, the the cross piece is acutaly 2 pices put to gether , u can tell wich piece is the top piece that comes off, then i turned it on its side and hit the baffle cross pieces till the top pices pops off, then slide the baffles out and use a glue or some sort of thing to put the top back on, i went back over mine with black tape to make sure no dirt got in.And my camera is on the reciver hitch , setting were the safety chains hook, and bungy corded on.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:05 PM

I just popped the top piece on the outer canister off using a small flat head screwdriver, then the inner baffles will slide right out. Once you have those out, epoxy the top piece back on (you can also run a few small screws in there if you like) and you should be done. Reinstall your new "gutted" stock torque tube and go enjoy the turbo whistle.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by 043500QC
I just popped the top piece on the outer canister off using a small flat head screwdriver, then the inner baffles will slide right out. .
The top piece meaning the one closest to the intake box and NOT the turbo, correct??
Old 05-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Banned

seen one with a coffee can in its place.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Banned

I popped mine out but after seeing how flimsy the tube is that is left I ditched it, the worm clamp was enough to colapse the wall and allow air to bypass the filter, I picked up a torque tube from the dtr store and have that in now with the bhaf. sleep better at night now
Old 05-01-2006, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by mikmaze
I popped mine out but after seeing how flimsy the tube is that is left I ditched it, the worm clamp was enough to colapse the wall and allow air to bypass the filter, I picked up a torque tube from the dtr store and have that in now with the bhaf. sleep better at night now
Im confused on what you mean, I just popped the whole middle baffled piece out and thats it, NO CHISELING or nothing. SOUNDS SAWEET!!!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Banned

if you just took out the crossed waffle board you didn't fully gut the baffle tube, those ridges that stick inwars inside the tube cause quite a bit of restriction as well, after removing them you will see how flimsy what is left becomes.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:59 PM

I took evertyhing out, ill post pics

Quick Reply: Who chiseled there torque tube??