3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Where's Buddy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep it up Bud. I am a Smarty user but competition benefits everybody involved as things continue to advance, and the power only goes up!
Old 03-12-2008, 03:30 PM

So what you are saying is us triple dog users are absolute?
Old 03-12-2008, 03:46 PM

... you mean obsolete?
Old 03-12-2008, 04:35 PM

yeah whoops!
Old 03-12-2008, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Kman9090
So what you are saying is us triple dog users are absolute?

Yes, I think thats what he is saying!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by soulezoo
hey sniper-- I told ya a long time ago you needed to listen to top!!!

Some people never get it. or

Back to the original question I think Bud is scolding either himself or "Phil"..........
Old 03-12-2008, 05:11 PM

I'm not saying obsolete. You will still be able to update the triple dog and have three levels of performance switch on the fly, change tire size, adjust options on the newer trucks.

All I am saying is for the guys who want to do really big horse power like that other competitors tune. It will more than likely be set up on a PMT where you can view the 3D fuel maps and make adjustments.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bud Kunz
I'm not saying obsolete. You will still be able to update the triple dog and have three levels of performance switch on the fly, change tire size, adjust options on the newer trucks.

All I am saying is for the guys who want to do really big horse power like that other competitors tune. It will more than likely be set up on a PMT where you can view the 3D fuel maps and make adjustments.
i'm not complaining, as my triple dog has always performed well on my truck, but that means if you want something similar to what 'that other competitor' is releasing, you need to scrap your current $500 or so programmer, and spend an additional $1000 or so, to buy a completely new product. that would take many people's investment in bully dog programmers to over $1500, which would be more than double what 'that other competitor' charges for their product, which has always been upgradable for free, with no other purchase neccessary, even on their older models.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:39 PM

Looks like the Bullydog will be a nice paperweight...
Old 03-12-2008, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Coal Train
Looks like the Bullydog will be a nice paperweight...
no, not a paperweight, because as i stated my triple dog still works fine on my truck, and i still have crazy larry, but if i want to have the most up to date, high performance tuning for my truck, i can either abandon bully dog and spend $685, or stick with them and spend over $1000.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:48 PM

chipmonk, Been there done that I have nice new gauge kind of pricey though
Old 03-12-2008, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by ramble bee
chipmonk, Been there done that I have nice new gauge kind of pricey though
i guess i have a bad taste in my mouth- i always thought that one of the reasons for having a programmer that could be updated, was that when new technology allowed for new and better programs with better performance, you could simply download it onto your existing programmer. what happens when the next level of performance tuning comes around? will it not be available for the pmt, so you have to buy yet another programmer? don't get me wrong, i'm not bashing bully dog, i was just expecting a little more, especially after the info that they released late in '07, after the removal of crazy larry.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by chipmonk
no, not a paperweight, because as i stated my triple dog still works fine on my truck, and i still have crazy larry, but if i want to have the most up to date, high performance tuning for my truck, i can either abandon bully dog and spend $685, or stick with them and spend over $1000.
But Smarty still doesn't have change on the fly which is something I really like.
Don't get me wrong, if I see a Smarty in the classifieds for a good price I might hafta try it to see what all the fuss is about, but really I'm happy with what the TD does for me.

I can see where if you just gotta have the latest and greatest you might be forced to flog your BDTD and either go to the Smarty or PMT though. I guess the fact is the BDTD is older technology that will only do so much compared to the new stuff out there...

Like I suggested to Buddy before, maybe they should give those of us with the BDTD a chance to get the PMT at a reduced rate to protect their share of the market, a goodwill gesture, otherwise people will be promptly jumping ship.

I'm in no hurry and will wait and see...
Old 03-12-2008, 07:08 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by chipmonk
i guess i have a bad taste in my mouth- i always thought that one of the reasons for having a programmer that could be updated, was that when new technology allowed for new and better programs with better performance, you could simply download it onto your existing programmer. what happens when the next level of performance tuning comes around? will it not be available for the pmt, so you have to buy yet another programmer? don't get me wrong, i'm not bashing bully dog, i was just expecting a little more, especially after the info that they released late in '07, after the removal of crazy larry.
FWIW, and maybe not much, that is what is nice about Quad X2 and the Adrenaline... it is a box (as opposed to programmer), but downloadable from the net via USB... like a programmer.

I am sure BD will keep up... or at least try... (admins and Buddy, that is a sincere statement, not a flame)
Old 03-12-2008, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Fisherguy
But Smarty still doesn't have change on the fly which is something I really like.
Don't get me wrong, if I see a Smarty in the classifieds for a good price I might hafta try it to see what all the fuss is about, but really I'm happy with what the TD does for me.

I can see where if you just gotta have the latest and greatest you might be forced to flog your BDTD and either go to the Smarty or PMT though. I guess the fact is the BDTD is older technology that will only do so much compared to the new stuff out there...

Like I suggested to Buddy before, maybe they should give those of us with the BDTD a chance to get the PMT at a reduced rate to protect their share of the market, a goodwill gesture, otherwise people will be promptly jumping ship.

I'm in no hurry and will wait and see...
i completely agree with you, but it sounds like smarty is trying to make sure that they have versions of their new programs that will work on their older model programmers, so people who already invested the $685, don't have to buy anything new. btw, the 'change on the fly' would absolutely be the hardest part of giving up my td.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:43 PM

my smarty is now in the mail and if bully dog comes out with a killer tune that makes some power i might put the smarty on the shelf but as of now im waiting for the ups man to bring me some HP.

Quick Reply: Where's Buddy?