3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Where's Buddy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where's Buddy?

Has anyone heard from Buddy or anyone have any info on Bullydog products. There competition is blowing them out of the water. I have been holding out and sticking with my TD Crazy Larry in hopes that something new and exciting would be released for the TD but its not looking good. Im in the process of getting a DD for the tranny and once I have it and other supporting mods I may switch over to the Smarty.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:24 AM

cconrad331, I know what your saying thats why i went with SMARTY! At least you have ENFO on whats going on. Besides the Smarty runs Stronger and Cooler-EGTs
Old 03-11-2008, 10:25 AM

I am here and working on stuff. Actually what's going on right now is that we are releasing a Beta Test Tune for the 6.7L on the PMT.

This new tuning will read the entire ECM file out of the truck. Just like the fords and duramax.

It has three on the fly adjustable power levels

Tow - 50HP
Performance - 75HP
Extreme - 110HP

The ability to run on factory sensors or external Pyrometer Probe for exhaust gas temperature. Measures ICP, Boost, Transmission Temp, Speed, Coolant Temp, RPM, and Intake Temp.

Also recalibrate factory speedometer for aftermarket tires, and all of the vehicle options like fog lights with high beam and daytime running lights, etc.

Color TouchScreen
Old 03-11-2008, 12:48 PM

I gotta say its pretty cool you figured out how to read the factory ecm program (to be put back later) that is awesome. Good work!
Old 03-11-2008, 06:11 PM

Glad you're back Bud, hope things are going well...
Old 03-11-2008, 06:24 PM

yea bud i have the bully dog pmt and im hoping for a killer tune for the 06 5.9 and maby some pressure in the mix. but smarty is looking so good oh smarty stop tempting me with your killer tunes and big power. i am a man of weakness and need my hp fix to get me threw the day...
Old 03-11-2008, 06:29 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
hey sniper-- I told ya a long time ago you needed to listen to top!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 07:15 PM

82NDSNPR, I thought you were getting the Smarty. I love the PMT works great as a gauge Ok just messen with you. But once you try the Smarty you wont go back! Dont get me wrong the Beta Crazylarry work good even with the LOW-BOOST but the SMARTY seems stronger mybe its just me.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:48 PM

I'm in the same boat- I love the pmt features, but its falling behind the Smarty performance wise. I might have to use the PMT as a set of expensive gauges
I've got the turbo, springs, ported head, trans, upgraded fuel system, etc etc, but can't really use it all up. Twins are on order and I'd really like to have Bullydog keep up performance wise so I don't have to buy a Smarty too!
Old 03-11-2008, 08:09 PM

i bought my smarty today from mid atlantic cant wait to get my truck back to load the smarty with that new tranny. yea i know zoo always listen to TOP they know whats good for little tad polls in the big pond
Old 03-11-2008, 08:10 PM

what do you boys stack with this magic smarty??????
Old 03-11-2008, 08:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 82NDSNPR
what do you boys stack with this magic smarty??????
I don't think you will need to stack anything when the Revolution tune becomes available.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:01 PM

what about us triple dog guys? You guys got any tricks up your sleeves or working on something?
Old 03-11-2008, 09:10 PM

The touch screen sounds killer. Good Job.

I'll be selling my TST and I really dont need the mp-8 except on dynos to squeeze the last couple of ponys with the REVO. I think Im lookin for another cp3 now. stinkin smarty. this thing blows.....................ALLLLLLL my extra dough.

Scarry Larry and Crazy Larry are no slouch but this tuning game changes pretty rapidly. Good Luck Buddy.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Pitz
I'm in the same boat- I love the pmt features, but its falling behind the Smarty performance wise. I might have to use the PMT as a set of expensive gauges
I've got the turbo, springs, ported head, trans, upgraded fuel system, etc etc, but can't really use it all up. Twins are on order and I'd really like to have Bullydog keep up performance wise so I don't have to buy a Smarty too!
We are not falling behind, we have given them the top spot in Horse Power right now. We intentionally pulled our Crazy Larry tunes from the market. We just want to make sure that we can continue to be the leader in performance and race technology. I am still tuning however and when we are ready we will release race tuning software again.

Originally Posted by Kman9090
what about us triple dog guys? You guys got any tricks up your sleeves or working on something?
We will continue to support the Triple Dog and when the time comes we will support a Crazy Larry type tune in the future.

With that being said I know a lot of triple dog users that are looking for all types of custom tunes and adjustability that the triple dog wasn't designed for.

Our new direction is on the PMT with user customizable tunes. I mean you the user set how much timing, duration, and pressure you want in a particular setting. This really is where the new exciting stuff from Bully Dog is.

Originally Posted by tristan21
The touch screen sounds killer. Good Job.

I'll be selling my TST and I really don’t need the mp-8 except on dynos to squeeze the last couple of ponys with the REVO. I think Im lookin for another cp3 now. stinkin smarty. this thing blows.....................ALLLLLLL my extra dough.

Scarry Larry and Crazy Larry are no slouch but this tuning game changes pretty rapidly. Good Luck Buddy.
Thanks man, sorry that I can't push this new tuning thing out faster. I know in a couple of months the game will look a lot different.

Quick Reply: Where's Buddy?