3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Where is boost sensor on 2004.5 ram diesel?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is boost sensor on 2004.5 ram diesel?

Where is the boost sensor? where does my edge juice attitude recieve its boost signal from? I know the ecm but where does the ecm read boost? Intake side?
Old 02-09-2008, 07:31 AM

It is on the top of the intake. back half of the intake it is held on with 2 #15 torx. I only know this as my TST intercepts that signal to do boost fooling.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:49 AM

why is every1 freaking out about boost foolers then? As long as you can read boost (which I can because I have a attitude) then why does it matter whether i use boost fooler or not or where I tap in with gauge? why would I tap in with a gauge when my attitude reads boost anyways.

Reason is I wanted to know If i could bypass my wastegate by clamping hose or pinching it with visegrips. Half the people say there is no air line on my 2004.5 and half say yes there is a air line but ill have to trick the ecm?My ? is why. If i wanted to block or weld my wastegate shut it shouldnt matter because I can read and set excessive boost on my edge attitude right?
Old 02-09-2008, 09:18 AM

You would need a boost fooler to keep the ECM from seeing such high boost numbers. If it see's numbers over the maximum stock level, then it will set an overboost code and put your truck into a limp mode. That's why people use boost foolers if their power module doesn't already have one built in.

Who is freaking out about boost foolers? There's nothing wrong with them. I mentioned once to you that if you use a boost fooler you will have to use an analog boost gauge because the Attitude WILL NOT display the correct number. It will only show you what the ECM is seeing because it is beeing fooled as well. Like I have also already said, you DO NOT need a boost fooler with the Juice; it ALREADY does boost fooling.

As for setting "excessive" boost on the Attitude, I have no idea what you're talking about. The only boost setting you can change on the Attitude is the max boost psi for the backdown features. You wouldn't want to do that because then it would just defuel when you got to a certain boost psi. I would just replace the electronic wastegate if I were you. Chances are, that is where you're problem lies. I wouldn't convert over to a mechanical boost controlling setup either if I were you. If I'm gonna go through all that trouble, I would just buy an aftermarket turbo and be done with it.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:22 AM

My edge juice attitude does boost fooling right? with that being said when it displays BOOST on the screen isnt that what the boost really is?Say if my edge fools the boost and my boost goes to 42 PSI, why isnt there a code set then?
Old 02-09-2008, 09:23 AM

can I bypass wastegate on my 2004.5 by vise grippuing air line?
Old 02-09-2008, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by sallyman1
My edge juice attitude does boost fooling right? with that being said when it displays BOOST on the screen isnt that what the boost really is?Say if my edge fools the boost and my boost goes to 42 PSI, why isnt there a code set then?
That is correct. The boost it displays is the actual boost number. The Juice module knows what the boost really is because it is reading it off the sensor, but it alters that signal before sending it to the ECM. That's how you know the actual boost, but the ECM does not. It's only seeing in the low 20's most likely. Thus, you don't set any overboost codes.

Originally Posted by sallyman1
can I bypass wastegate on my 2004.5 by vise grippuing air line?
This I'm not really sure about. I haven't done a ton of research on turbos yet.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:28 PM

thanks for the info
Old 02-09-2008, 01:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes you can put some vice grips on the line. Try it! Then you will know for certain if your little solenoid is letting boost past on down the line and opening the wastegate. If vice grips end up letting you build more boost displayed on Attitude, then it could be concluded that your solenoid is bad.