3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Wheel Offset, Wheel weight, and Rim Width?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel Offset, Wheel weight, and Rim Width?

Does anyone know or can you tell me where I can find the above info for my stock Truck Wheels for my address below. I am considering going to a 19.5 inch wheel or the 285/75R17 and the above information will be helpful in my decision. (I want a rarger tire for added carrying capacity and larger diameter to slow my engine RPM down) Vision makes a 19.5 wheel but it has no offset. Should that concern me? On Rickson's site they say that the Vision wheel with no offset will pull my wheels out of the fender and I will need to add skirts to the fenders. Rickson site says they make the wheels with the specific offset for my vehicle. I called Vision and they said the wheels will fit just fine and I won't need skirts. As far as I can tell the only options I have when I go to 19.5 with single rear wheel is a steel wheel from Rickson (USA) or a aluminum wheel from Vision (China). Anybody know of any more options?
Old 06-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by johnr9q
Does anyone know or can you tell me where I can find the above info for my stock Truck Wheels for my address below. I am considering going to a 19.5 inch wheel or the 285/75R17 and the above information will be helpful in my decision. (I want a rarger tire for added carrying capacity and larger diameter to slow my engine RPM down) Vision makes a 19.5 wheel but it has no offset. Should that concern me? On Rickson's site they say that the Vision wheel with no offset will pull my wheels out of the fender and I will need to add skirts to the fenders. Rickson site says they make the wheels with the specific offset for my vehicle. I called Vision and they said the wheels will fit just fine and I won't need skirts. As far as I can tell the only options I have when I go to 19.5 with single rear wheel is a steel wheel from Rickson (USA) or a aluminum wheel from Vision (China). Anybody know of any more options?
Bud you have a ton of rim options. First off incase I missed it are you a Dually or do you have single rear wheels?
Old 06-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
disreguard I checked your link and you have a Single Rear Wheel so you have a ton of wheel and tire options. I cannot remember stock tire offset but I believe backspacing in close to 6.5". You need to start doing some searches on the site and see what tires and rwheels yo like, or just keep the stockers if you are not concerned with how they look and just go to a taller tire. Here is another chart that will let you figure you tire/gearing/rear end ratio and come up with your new rpm at speed

http://www.f-body.org/gears/

This link was posted by another member and helped me pick my tire choice, it works great.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RyeThomas
disreguard I checked your link and you have a Single Rear Wheel so you have a ton of wheel and tire options. I cannot remember stock tire offset but I believe backspacing in close to 6.5". You need to start doing some searches on the site and see what tires and rwheels yo like, or just keep the stockers if you are not concerned with how they look and just go to a taller tire. Here is another chart that will let you figure you tire/gearing/rear end ratio and come up with your new rpm at speed

http://www.f-body.org/gears/

This link was posted by another member and helped me pick my tire choice, it works great.
Rye: I have 265/70R17 stock tire and wheel. My wheel is aluminum and when I was purchasing my truck it looked like that was the stock option on my type of truck.