3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Whats a good rail pressure gauge and LP psi gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=JCLeary;1968990]I like the SPA I had in my last truck more than the Quad rail gauge, but not better than the Quad Commander.

So does the Commander cover all of the bases? I've been wanting to get gauges but also would like to keep it as simple as possible.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:43 AM

The commander can do egt, boost, fuel psi, rail psi, engine coolant temp, trans temp, ...I think that's it.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:24 AM

It will do what you need providing you purchase the fuel pressure kit.

The Commander is pretty sweet (aside from the ugly case). I'm on the fence whether as to drop $1k on 5 DiPricols and related accessories, or $450-ish on a Commander setup. I really like the stand-alone gauges, but the value of the Commander is hard to beat...
Old 02-27-2008, 09:04 PM

what is the commander and how much? whats better? analog autometer phantom gauges or commander?
Old 02-27-2008, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by trik396
Ok, you have 21 posts and you think you can make such a statement? Especially when 99.9% of people here will tell you the EXACT opposite...?
Kinda bold.... or stupid.
Yea you are right. I am feeling really stupid because I don’t have enough posts yet. I only have personal experience with the product and vendor in question. But the good news is, after this post I will be one post smarter. Maybe I could write a script to automate placing posts, making me smarter in seconds. Shoot, I would be as smart as you in no time. Or maybe I could hire one of the neighbor kids to post on my behave accelerating my intelligence with little effort.
I may not have a lot of post but at my age I have had my share of interaction with various vendors, etc. I bought a Quad rail/boost gauge and it didn’t work when I received it. I fought with Quad to send me a replacement part at their expense. They eventually did, and the replacement part worked for one week. They then told me to wait two weeks and they will have an improved component to send. I waited four weeks for the new and improved part. Quad then informed me that I must pay extra for this part. With all your POST experience you no doubt understand that some people expect the product they purchase to work without having to pay extra after the fact. Let me try to explain it to you another way. If you bought a Microwave oven from Sears would you expect it to work? If it didn’t, do you think Sears should charge you for a component to make it work? If this is difficult for you try asking someone with more POSTS. The bottom line is Quad didn’t stand behind their stuff and I am not the only one with the same experience with them. Perhaps Quad didn’t stand behind my gauge because I don’t have enough POSTS?
Old 02-28-2008, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by CCIE
Yea you are right. I am feeling really stupid because I don’t have enough posts yet. I only have personal experience with the product and vendor in question. But the good news is, after this post I will be one post smarter. Maybe I could write a script to automate placing posts, making me smarter in seconds. Shoot, I would be as smart as you in no time. Or maybe I could hire one of the neighbor kids to post on my behave accelerating my intelligence with little effort.
I may not have a lot of post but at my age I have had my share of interaction with various vendors, etc. I bought a Quad rail/boost gauge and it didn’t work when I received it. I fought with Quad to send me a replacement part at their expense. They eventually did, and the replacement part worked for one week. They then told me to wait two weeks and they will have an improved component to send. I waited four weeks for the new and improved part. Quad then informed me that I must pay extra for this part. With all your POST experience you no doubt understand that some people expect the product they purchase to work without having to pay extra after the fact. Let me try to explain it to you another way. If you bought a Microwave oven from Sears would you expect it to work? If it didn’t, do you think Sears should charge you for a component to make it work? If this is difficult for you try asking someone with more POSTS. The bottom line is Quad didn’t stand behind their stuff and I am not the only one with the same experience with them. Perhaps Quad didn’t stand behind my gauge because I don’t have enough POSTS?

Easy.....All he was saying is that with so few posts, you were quick to blatently flame quadzilla about their product. Now you have offered your entire story. I on the other hand have had awesome luck with the Quadzilla team and will continue to praise them.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't get the # of post thing myself.I've been messing with these ctd's since 01 but never made a post on here till a little over ayear ago.Doesn't mean people don't have experiences with products and some knowledge to share.I've delt with some vendors on here that have been great to me but not others and vice-versa.The guy was just stating his dealings with quad.People get so brand loyal on here that they become inflamed when someone has a negative comment to share.People need to research as much as possible and weigh the good against the bad before deciding on which way to go.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by CCIE
If what you say is true, then I understand your point. But I say "If", because what you're saying doesn't really make sense. What is this part that costs extra. I have the rail pressure gauge. Not many parts at all. Also, I'm not promoting Quad. I have spent very little money on his products compared to most guys here. But I have experienced, what I consider, the best customer service anyone in any industry could give the consumer. That's all.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:07 AM

We had a run of "super HD" sending units made. Instead of shipping a supposedly new design of the original sending unit we called and asked if they wanted the HD sending units. Our Cost is $10.51 more than the old sensor. When we shipped them we asked if they wanted the HD one for $10 more?????

Out of about 60 people it really ticked 2 or 3 of them off.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:09 AM

The other funny thing is that the ONLY time anyone gets irritated is when we creat a niche part that costs about 3 times less than anything else on the market. 99% of the time this part gets sold through niche dealers like the DTR store or a few of our other vendors.

It is almost never on one of our main electronic problems.

I have a bout 1/2 a mind to discontinue the RPG because it is not worth the hassle. Afterall Dipricol makes one that is 3 times more money and I probably make as much money off of it as I do my own since we supply parts to them.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:15 AM

Hey Quad,
Does the Super HD sending units come with the Commander now or is that a seperate item to purchase?
TIA
Old 02-28-2008, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
We had a run of "super HD" sending units made. Instead of shipping a supposedly new design of the original sending unit we called and asked if they wanted the HD sending units. Our Cost is $10.51 more than the old sensor. When we shipped them we asked if they wanted the HD one for $10 more?????

Out of about 60 people it really ticked 2 or 3 of them off.
We can call the “Super HD” sending unit any thing we want, but in realty it is the only sender because the others don’t work. The sender that I initially received with the gauge didn’t work at all. The 2nd one that Quad sent worked for one week. I had to argue to get Quad to pay the shipping on the 1st replacement. The new sender wasn’t presented to me as an upgrade, but simply a way to make the gauge work. I understand that we are only talking about $10 but to me it is more the principle of buying something that works. I know that vendors can’t guarantee everything will work 100% of the time, the 1st time. I do however expect them to stand behind their product if needed. That brings us to my point about customer service, or lack of. I don’t feel like Quad stood behind their product. In my opinion Quad would be a fine choice as long as the product works the 1st time and never fails. If for some reason their product doesn’t work I suspect Quad will spend a little time on the phone to help you get it going but I doubt they would send you the necessary parts to fix something at their expense. Even if your purchase is only 1 hour old. I have countless experiences with companies that actually stand behind their stuff and not just say it. I should mention that the Rail gauge portion always worked and still does. I know some folks were complaining about Quad throwing error codes on their 3rd gens, but that may only be their performance boxes, I’m not sure. I have not thrown any codes with my setup.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:18 PM

So…I have an idea. I would feel like I was compensated if you were to send me a Quadzilla polo shirt or something equivalent. What do ya think?
The above is what he wanted.

My reply:
I bet I can help you out there. Not sure if we have any polo shirts but, I think I can make you happy!

I did not have any polo shirts....so, we are having some made.

I guess I don't need to ship it to him anymore though???
Old 02-28-2008, 06:23 PM

Too funny....

Old 02-28-2008, 06:24 PM

Does the Super HD sending units come with the Commander now or is that a seperate item to purchase?
For now we have discontinued the fuel pressure kits all together.

Even though the new sensors appear to work I cannot get my hands on them and then we have people throwing fits about backorders.

So, until I can make the FP sending units something that does not eat up my entire days, almost every day then I am done selling them.

My choices here suck.

I can do the following:

1.) Get more units in and test them for a complete 1 yr period so that I can be sure that they will at least be 100% throughout the entire period we warranty stuff for, that way I do not rely on another manufacturer. Then I get to hear about how slow we are and we are dragging our feet.

2.) I could stay with what we have and hope that at some point they become easier to get, in the meantime I can listen to the people scream about a backorder

3.) I can tool up and build my own sensor (not gonna happen)

4.) I can by a really super expensive transducer that is made for an airplane and then set the pricing accordingly and never sell any

5.) Stop selling them until an option not listed here becomes available.

I chose #5 because when it is not 100% in my hands, I have no idea what else to do.

And before anyone asks, we do have enough units in hand for warranty should the need arise. I am just not selling new kits.

Also, there may still be plenty on shelves?? I know we sell quite a few of them so I know some of the distributors have them. WE just stopped taking new orders for them.

Quick Reply: Whats a good rail pressure gauge and LP psi gauge?