3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Whats a good rail pressure gauge and LP psi gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats a good rail pressure gauge and LP psi gauge?

im in the works looking for egt and boost gauge set as you all know. I also want a gauge for rail pressure and LP pressure. Whats a good one? aCan you only get electronic rail gauges? Or manual ones? is quadzilla good i heard they break down. I hate the fact you have to buy adapter kit to read LP pressure. Is there any others?
Old 02-25-2008, 04:56 PM

Also what is a good pillar mount. I have the edge pillar already can i get another pillar that has like 2 or 3 holes in it for extra gauges? a seperate pillar or one that combines the attitude?
Old 02-25-2008, 06:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Every rail pressure gauge I know of is electronic and requires you to tap into the rail sensor. As far as an adapter to read fuel pressure I believe thats only a thing with Quads gauge.

I have actually went through 3 of Quads gauges and have a fourth from October that I havent installed yet. I didn't install it because I got into a bad wreck and was laid up for a few months. Quad has assured me that now they have corrected the problem and will allow me to send in the old gauge I had for a new one.

In the meantime after my 3rd gauge failed I bought a Westach gauge and will install it for fuel pressure and I'll leave my Quad gauge for rail pressure only. Its nice to look at both without having to push a button.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:45 PM

only quad lets u view both LP and rail psi? whats dumb is our ecms read rail pressure yet the edge juice attitude doesnt let you view that paramter but let us see dumb crap like barometric psi and rpm and tranny slippage.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:41 PM

Let me put this out there as I know Quad stands behind his product. There are a ton of users out ther that HAD issues with the Quad Rail Press Gauge. BUT, ask them about the customer service and how they were treated. Quad is good for his gear and works out the kinks....

Now, look at the other companies that have issues with their gauges and see who will offer to repair or replace it without issues.

See your other post about the gauges and pods and such....
Old 02-25-2008, 08:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would get the quad, but I'm want one that would mount as a gauge... kinda want the cosmetics too. Does Isspro offer a rail prassure and fuel pressure gauge? Pardon the ignorance for not searching myself...
Old 02-25-2008, 09:19 PM

Only analog rail pressure gauge I know of is the Dipricol. I don't think Isspro offers one *yet* but I heard rumors that one was in the works.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:45 AM

so basically quad rail gauge with lift pump kit is the only way to go for digital?
Old 02-26-2008, 06:26 AM

Yes.... And I have Quads rail pressure gauge used only for the rail press. I use an Autometer electronic fuel pressure gauge for low fuel pressure. Never had a problem with either.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:44 AM

You can get SPA to make up a digital, I have mine showing rail pressure and lift pump pressure.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by ShakinRedCTD
Let me put this out there as I know Quad stands behind his product. There are a ton of users out ther that HAD issues with the Quad Rail Press Gauge. BUT, ask them about the customer service and how they were treated. Quad is good for his gear and works out the kinks....

Now, look at the other companies that have issues with their gauges and see who will offer to repair or replace it without issues.

See your other post about the gauges and pods and such....
Quad definitely DOSEN'T stand behind their product! I would seriously consider something else.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:09 AM

My experience is they are pretty good with support (maybe I've been lucky) and they are certainly answering questions (and complaints) on the boards a lot.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:30 AM

Id say still prob. go with the quad. Ya mine also just went bad, but i sent it back and he replaced it. Ya it cost me again for shipping but thats life hes got to make a living to. The part that bothered me a little was i told him up front that i was going to remove the entire harness and all and send it back to due that there was a upgraded harness. Honestly he didnt answer yes OR No he just said ok, and thats what i did. When i recieved the new one couple weeks later it had the same harness back with it. Ya it bothered me, i went to a lot of extra and unness. work to get his updated harness, he could have told me up front NO i would only replace it if it failed and that would have been that. But in my mind he avoided it and cost me the extra time and inconvenous. Honestly ive yet to even reintall the unit, it irretated me but im about over it..ha ha ...its suppose to be better and brighter and foolproof... A little honesty goes a loong way with me, know what i mean. But if I were you id go with the quad gauge anyway. Might ask him up front about the fuel press. sending unit, thier suppose to have issues to, but last i heard they are going to get them from another source i think, i to ask him if the were available to send me one , knowing the others will go out, but same thing got the original back also?? Whatever, understand i want Nothing for Nothing just the better upgraded parts that I should have gotting in the first place. IMO
Old 02-27-2008, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by CCIE
Quad definitely DOSEN'T stand behind their product! I would seriously consider something else.
Ok, you have 21 posts and you think you can make such a statement? Especially when 99.9% of people here will tell you the EXACT opposite...?
Kinda bold.... or stupid.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by sallyman1
only quad lets u view both LP and rail psi? whats dumb is our ecms read rail pressure yet the edge juice attitude doesnt let you view that paramter but let us see dumb crap like barometric psi and rpm and tranny slippage.
I like the SPA I had in my last truck more than the Quad rail gauge, but not better than the Quad Commander. Here's a peek:

Quick Reply: Whats a good rail pressure gauge and LP psi gauge?