3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Whats the difference between dynos!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackBeast
Yeah I agree the dyno I used is a Super Flow Wyn. It is a load dyno the load is set at around 25% I think. Nothing is factored in but the tire size. This guy earlier got me all confused when we werer talking and all I was trying to say was My dyno guy only factors in the tire size and he puts the 25% load on I think. And I was trying to find out why people made it seem specail that I put those #'s up on a Super Flow Wyn. A bunch of people told me to hit a Dynojet and I would be happy.
You still have not answered my above question as to WHO the "PEOPLE" are ?
Old 01-28-2007, 02:30 PM
Banned

I talked to some people around my area I also talked to a guy at industrial injection.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:31 PM
Banned

I also talked to my brother who goes to the same dyno and he said that the only thing that is factored in is tire size.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:52 PM

I talked to some people around my area I also talked to a guy at industrial injection.
You keep repeating yourself though. I am asking who these people are. Are they diesel mechanics? Fellow diesel owners? Diesel shop owners or employees? What I am asking is what qualifies them as having some sort of expert opinion with regards to you dyno numbers. If they are just "people" that you have spoken with, their opinion means little to nothing.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Banned

Sorry its kind of a weird question asking me if my dyno operator is competent. I obviously didnt like go down to some run of the mill place to hav e my sixty plus thousand dollar diesel to get dynoed. And if anyone would actually listen I have mentioned I got to the same dyno Brad Ponci goes to which is a friend of mine who puts on dyno day each year in the northern california area. On a dyno that is the most accurate dyno made. Thats why other people who came to the dyno day this year and left unhappy because superflows are the most accurate. So again my Dyno guy is very good at what he does you go hit the dyno and what ever you turn is a very accurate uncorrected #. I dont use the write lingo and people just nit pick at what Im saying. If you ask around People on this site and a lot of people out in the diesel world No Brad Ponci. He will also tell you are dyno is a very unforgiving dyno. I will also say again to give an example of what im talking about. A 705 Hp dynojet proven truck showed up to the competion this year at the Dyno I go to and hit 630 something. My dyno operator has nascars and all sorts of High Hp vehicles going on his dyno all the time and knows how to setup very well. As far as diesel goes Im pretty sure he sets the dyno load at 25% and other than that the only thing that is factored in is tire size. I remember him asking me my tire size.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:13 PM

Sorry its kind of a weird question asking me if my dyno operator is competent. I obviously didnt like go down to some run of the mill place to hav e my sixty plus thousand dollar diesel to get dynoed. And if anyone would actually listen I have mentioned I got to the same dyno Brad Ponci goes to which is a friend of mine who puts on dyno day each year in the northern california area. On a dyno that is the most accurate dyno made. Thats why other people who came to the dyno day this year and left unhappy because superflows are the most accurate. So again my Dyno guy is very good at what he does you go hit the dyno and what ever you turn is a very accurate uncorrected #. I dont use the write lingo and people just nit pick at what Im saying. If you ask around People on this site and a lot of people out in the diesel world No Brad Ponci. He will also tell you are dyno is a very unforgiving dyno. I will also say again to give an example of what im talking about. A 705 Hp dynojet proven truck showed up to the competion this year at the Dyno I go to and hit 630 something. My dyno operator has nascars and all sorts of High Hp vehicles going on his dyno all the time and knows how to setup very well. As far as diesel goes Im pretty sure he sets the dyno load at 25% and other than that the only thing that is factored in is tire size. I remember him asking me my tire size.

First, I never asked whether or not your dyno guy was competent. Second, You are making the claim that "the Super Wyn Dyno that I am using is the most accurate dyno in existence". If you read my quote you will see why this is a problem. If you make a claim that is extraordinary, you had better have the extraordinary evidence necessary to back it up. Anyone can 'claim' anything (unfortunately); you have to be able to give good evidence for your claim in order for it to mean anything.

Saying that ONE 705HP truck dynoes about 70HP less at 'your dyno' than it did at another dyno in no way proves (or even gives good reason for thinking) that your dyno is 'better' or 'more accurate', or 'harder'. The reason is because the following explanations can be inferred from the same evidence you gave:
(1) His truck had bad fuel
(2) His truck was not running @ 100%
(3) He was having some mechanical issues
(4) The dyno is not accurate
(5) There was a problem with the dyno operator that day
(6) His truck is scared of Super Wyn dynos and doesn't like to be on them
(7) Aliens prevented him from breaking 630HP

You see, all of these conclusions can be drawn from the evidence you gave. This is because the evidence you gave is necessary, but in no way sufficient for making the claim you want to about Super Wyn dynos.

You're not being bashed. You simply must have good evidence when you make strong claims. The claim, "this dyno seems to be hard" is a very weak claim and would be supported by your story about the one truck; but the claim of, "this dyno is the hardest...and most accurate...etc." is NOT supported let alone shown to be a cogent one.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Banned

I dont think im being bashed but also like I said a whole competion of people from what I understand left thinking why were me #'s low. So with that said like I stated earlier thats quite a census of people including a top notch diesel mechanic who has been working on dodges for over 20 years. So how is that not enough evidence 20 plus people hitting a dyno and having low #'s. Im going to stick with my diesel mechanic and dyno operators knowledge on how a super flow compares to the rest. If you do a search on here there are some other people who seem to think superflows are the most accurate. They said it has to do with it being a chasis load dyno.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:13 PM

Don't take our word for it. Go try another dyno and prove everyone wrong.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Banned

Oh I will. And im not trying to prove anything. Everyone I have talked to except for a couple people on this site seem to think I will see a 20-30Hp bump just from switching dynos. To tell you the truth I like the dyno I was on because everyone was telling me its the most accurate yet unforgiving dyno you can test on. The mechanic who works on my truck uses the same dyno and is very known amongst the world of diesel mechanics and after market part dealers. Hes actually also on the ultimate Hp list on this site. When I told brett at industrial injection about my dyno day he was very impressed and said I should be really happy putting up #'s like that on a Super Flow Wyn.