3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

whats the best double din with back-up cam???? Got Scared last week!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 01:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 53 ******
take some pics and report back how you like it please...I think I am going to go with the Kenwood too.
I would like to go stereo shopping and see them in person too...
I did ALOT of searching before I got my equiptment and I can tell you the Alpine is sick!! But, its a little over the top if you know what I mean. I "settled" and went with the Kenwood unit described above, back up cam, Ipod adapter and real time traffic (I have yet to get installed) I love the system I have over 17,000miles of driving around the U.S. and Canada on the truck and do not have one complaint with the head unit yet!!

Old 07-23-2007, 08:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RJOS
Well I ordered the kenwood dnx7100. SHould be here soon. Got it online at the navy exchange for 1299. Ordering bezel tomorrow and maybe I have the hootspa to install it. Maybe I'll just call SHANE!!!
Jim
Start driving to Idaho!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 08:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by K5KRAZIE
I did ALOT of searching before I got my equiptment and I can tell you the Alpine is sick!! But, its a little over the top if you know what I mean. I "settled" and went with the Kenwood unit described above, back up cam, Ipod adapter and real time traffic (I have yet to get installed) I love the system I have over 17,000miles of driving around the U.S. and Canada on the truck and do not have one complaint with the head unit yet!!

That looks good!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Anyone living in or near the Boise area, I would go to Car Phonics and talk to Tom. He is the owner, I have been doing business with them since 91. Great guys but talk to Tom directly. Tell him Chris from McCall sent you. I don't get anything from him for referals but knowing that people got a good deal and good customer service. I think he is a clarion dealer and may be an alpine dealer now. have not been in his shop for awhile since I live 1000 miles away but still order stuff from him now and then.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:24 PM

Question Pretty Awesome!

K5KRAZIE,

Where did you get the bezel & insert?
I have an 06 Mega, (standard stereo), and it has the outline of the two round radio *****...

Thanks,
Tex

============

Originally Posted by K5KRAZIE

Old 12-28-2007, 12:36 PM

That is a factory navi. surround with an aftermarket filler piece.....The OEM navi is bigger but the screen is only like 5"!!!
Old 12-28-2007, 12:57 PM

do you have to have the gps dvd in the raio to program directions with the
Pioneer AVIC-Z2 or z1? i think you have to with the d3? they seem nice but having to load the gps dvd to program directrions seem dumb. also i noticed that ****** info said the kenwood would adjust if you went off track so thats cool
this place i found while researching seems goood priced
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...d+DNX7100.html
hope this doesnt break rules i'm not affiliated with them any way
Old 12-28-2007, 12:58 PM

The company I work for has a policy, you BACK into driveways, parking spots etc cuz it's way safer to pull out of one instead of backing out.
Maybe just consider this and save yourself some money?
Old 12-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by skindaddy
do you have to have the gps dvd in the raio to program directions with the
Pioneer AVIC-Z2 or z1? i think you have to with the d3? they seem nice but having to load the gps dvd to program directrions seem dumb. also i noticed that ****** info said the kenwood would adjust if you went off track so thats cool
this place i found while researching seems goood priced
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...d+DNX7100.html
hope this doesnt break rules i'm not affiliated with them any way
There is no GPS/nav DVD with the Z1 and Z2. They store all the nav data on the internal hard drive. You can use the navigation, play a DVD in the backseat, and still listen to your radio all at the same time!
Old 12-28-2007, 01:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fisherguy
The company I work for has a policy, you BACK into driveways, parking spots etc cuz it's way safer to pull out of one instead of backing out.
Maybe just consider this and save yourself some money?
thats a pretty good idea....I could buy half of a twin turbo set up for the price of these double din's.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:48 PM

I found a pretty good deal on a Z-2 off of ebay, the guy who did my install said it was brand new and cheaper than what he gets it for. The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't program a destination while driving. It does however adjust if you go off track.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:44 PM

I guess im not following that i dont have gps or just not on a dvd format?
or does it just give you directions without gps?
Old 12-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by skindaddy
I guess im not following that i dont have gps or just not on a dvd format?
or does it just give you directions without gps?
It uses a GPS, but the navigation data is stored on the internal hard drive instead of on a DVD like most units. There's no DVD disc to scratch or lose, and you can use store music on the hard drive as well.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by 53 ******
thats a pretty good idea....I could buy half of a twin turbo set up for the price of these double din's.
... and dual turbos would be WAY more fun!
Old 12-28-2007, 07:46 PM

I have a valor multimedia head unit 7" screen my back up cam is part of my license plate bracket color too

Quick Reply: whats the best double din with back-up cam???? Got Scared last week!!