3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

What would it take to build a dual cp3 setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by morkable

In a dual cp3 setup, is it usually 2 stock cp3's or modified ones?

Kevin
usually 2 stock ones, I dont think anyone has found the limit for those yet
Old 07-01-2007, 04:42 PM

So it probably would be overkill to run my stage 2 and the stock one,, probably sell the stage 2 and get another stock,, or just say the heck with it and run it anyways?

Kevin
Old 07-01-2007, 05:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Justin (pourindiesel) recently installed his "homemade" dual CP3s... he had to engage in a bit of HillJack Engineering and the result was very nice last I heard.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by XLR8R
Justin (pourindiesel) recently installed his "homemade" dual CP3s... he had to engage in a bit of HillJack Engineering and the result was very nice last I heard.
I think his kit was from ppe with no pumps. I dont think hillbilly anything was involved. if his truck was built that way it wouldnt pull like it does
Old 07-01-2007, 05:22 PM

Which kit do you think is the best? If I was to use my existing pumps,, is there one that would be better, or do you think that they all might be equivelant?

Kevin
Old 07-01-2007, 05:26 PM

I think the Relentless kit is cheaper. I think i remember reading that they will sell everything without a pump for under $2000.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jwb600
I think his kit was from ppe with no pumps. I dont think hillbilly anything was involved. if his truck was built that way it wouldnt pull like it does
Actually, Justin himself confessed to HillJack technique... nothing wrong with it you know!

That's how we roll down here in the Lone Star
Old 07-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Banned

Good luck getting ahold of relentless.. I called when looking for twins and got ahold of them once out of about 15 calls and 5 messages with no return calls.. Not even an e-mail. SO unfortunately for them I bough Twins elsewhere...
Old 07-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
Good luck getting ahold of relentless.. I called when looking for twins and got ahold of them once out of about 15 calls and 5 messages with no return calls.. Not even an e-mail. SO unfortunately for them I bough Twins elsewhere...
i know its not an excuse but chris is always swampted with work. i understand some places work with a hands free phone set up, but relentless decides to forgo this. fortionalty for me im 5 mins away and it still takes some time before i can pick his brain

brett
Old 07-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
i know its not an excuse but chris is always swampted with work. i understand some places work with a hands free phone set up, but relentless decides to forgo this. fortionalty for me im 5 mins away and it still takes some time before i can pick his brain

brett
I do understand that.. Being as popular as he is I know there's probably not enough time in the day.. He does some exceptional work!! For me being that Nathan is only an hour and a half away it's probably better but I would have like to talk to someone... I am trying to find out about they're bypas dual feed line so Phil is going to go and visit with them!!
Old 07-01-2007, 08:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by XLR8R
I thought he bought the whole kit from PPE but ran a Dodge CP3 instead of the normal D-max pump that they use in their kit..
Old 07-02-2007, 12:09 PM

thats what I thought also.

Kevin
Old 07-02-2007, 12:35 PM

If I remember correctly, Justin received the kit with the Chevy CP3 and ran into problems with the install because of it...
Old 07-02-2007, 12:36 PM

well send him a message and ask him. I know the controller box for the pumps said ppe on it and im pretty sure he used a dodge pump. they seem to be running good.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:13 PM

This from his thread about the install

Originally Posted by PourinDiesel
Well today I finally started on what I thought would be a long project....and I was right.
The PPE Dual Fueler system is a nice setup. Directions are very specific and clear (if you have the Duramax pump setup). I opted for the Dodge pump on top which might have been a mistake since their kit was designed with the Duramax pump in mind.

Well so far I have ran into the usual pain in the neck difficulties that I usually come across with this kind of project.
The belt on this dude is now 6 feet tall (total 12' long!!). I knew first off I would have to either pull the damper or loosen up the fan pulley mount so I could have clearance to remove the belt and re-install the new one (this is a must if you have a Fluidampr).
Complicating matters further with the belt system is my DSS and Front Hidden Hitch. These items make it alot tougher to get at things from under the truck which is a must when doing the belt.

One more problem I ran into is the fuel line supplied with the PPE displayed some interference with the Banks Technicooler/High ram intake when installed.
I had to do some Hilljack engineering and rebend the line a bit to my liking but it still rubbed the intake a bit so I decided I would grind off the BANKS raised lettering to keep the two from rubbing on each other.

The PPE is designed with the stock fuel system in place. Of course my truck is duck taped together so I am having to retrofit some old parts to get this system up and running.

I worked for 8 hours so far today and will probably invest another 4 hours tomorrow. Hopefully it runs well when it gets done!

The pictures of above depict some fitting and positioning. I am going through the process of getting all the fuel lines to fit correctly (high and low pressure).

2 pumps sure do look KEWL!!

Link...https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=148623

Quick Reply: What would it take to build a dual cp3 setup