3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

What size flux injectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 11:03 AM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What size flux injectors

I really wanted to do at least 2.5s but I dont have the funds right now and may not for a while, but I need to send my injectors in to get checked out(see my thread about white smoke at start up).

So I know flux 2s wont be to much for my turbo or the towing I do or anything like that, but my main concern is my cp3. The gear pump cover is modified but the fca is stock, but I could mod that if needed.

So how big can I get away with, with a mods in my sig and stock cp3 or DIY cp3?
Old 06-08-2008, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMO you can't really go wrong with any of Don's fluxs injectors

if you tow & the use is also everyday driver on the street with your stock single cp3 a fluxs 1 - 1.5 max should work well IMO with the fluxs 2 on stock cp3 not getting all the benefits of the bigger injector !

I would lean towards smaller fluxs especially with the cost of diesel fuel

fuel is expected to continue to rise over the next 5 years , oil will soar to well over 200.00 barrel = we will all be paying about double the cost of #2 today within 60 months

IMO any smaller fluxs is still a nice upgrade over the stock injectors

1.0- 1.5 - 2.0 = small fluxs range.... should offer better mpgs , tow excellent , add better performance the best of all worlds.

with the proper set up , turbos, cp3 pumps, programming etc etc

1.5 - 2 should still be able to knock off close to 700 RWHP + or -

for big power of course go for the larger fluxs 3.0 - 4.0 - 4.5 +++

safe to say , expect slightly warmer temps with the bigger fluxs injectors especially when towing vs the smaller fluxs

mpgs will be slightly reduced also with the bigger fluxs vs the smaller fluxs

everything is a trade off

with the expected guaranteed increase of oil prices

if you have deep pockets & huge credit limits on your fuel cards GO BIG
Old 06-08-2008, 04:01 PM
wap

I am not concerned with the mpg, I want all the power I can get with the stock or slightly modded cp3, if I had the pump(s) for it I would do 2.5-3.5s but I know that is not an option right now.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:25 PM

Single Pump...I would say no bigger than 2's.

You have to turn the electronics down...but it will work.

I could make no more than 575 hp on stock sticks with a stock pump...before I drained the rail with too much duration.

Then...no more than 650 hp with Flux 3.3's and a Stage 2 pump...BUT
I had to run my Flux 3.3's on Single OEM pump for about a month...
and was able to dial in 600ish. Just had to use a lot lower settings.

It was a pretty nice running truck...smooth!

Anyways...what I am saying...Say OEM pump and Flux 2's with say SW5 will make more than stock sticks or Flux 1's and SW9. It is all about finding the balance.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:06 PM

Id talk to don will but im thinkin a 2 also with boxes on tha "DL". Atleast you'll have room to play if/when you get a modded cp3(s)
Old 06-08-2008, 06:50 PM

With a FASS150 and dual stockers, what is the biggest flux's you can go with while only seeing VERY minimal mileage losses, driving reasonably?
Old 06-09-2008, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by cquestad
Single Pump...I would say no bigger than 2's.

You have to turn the electronics down...but it will work.

I could make no more than 575 hp on stock sticks with a stock pump...before I drained the rail with too much duration.

Then...no more than 650 hp with Flux 3.3's and a Stage 2 pump...BUT
I had to run my Flux 3.3's on Single OEM pump for about a month...
and was able to dial in 600ish. Just had to use a lot lower settings.

It was a pretty nice running truck...smooth!

Anyways...what I am saying...Say OEM pump and Flux 2's with say SW5 will make more than stock sticks or Flux 1's and SW9. It is all about finding the balance.
x2....
sounds like the flux 2's , for your needs & setup would be best , at least then you will still have plenty of room for more power after more supporting mods down the road !
Old 06-09-2008, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by desertchecker

I would lean towards smaller fluxs especially with the cost of diesel fuel

fuel is expected to continue to rise over the next 5 years , oil will soar to well over 200.00 barrel = we will all be paying about double the cost of #2 today within 60 months

with the expected guaranteed increase of oil prices

if you have deep pockets & huge credit limits on your fuel cards GO BIG
dude, enough with the $200/barrel, doom and gloom predictions already. you've thrown it in like 3 posts, that have nothing to do with the price of fuel- we get it, you think fuel is going to get really expensive.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:03 AM
wap

Thanks for the advice fellas, now heres my next question...

If (and it looks like I will) I go with the 2s, down the road would it be worth doin dual cp3s, or should I look to save some money and just get a modded pump?

Like I said before I really want to go bigger but there is no way I can do the cp3 stuff necessary to go big right now.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:34 AM

Compared to my Stage 2 pump from Industrial Injection, I can say that the dual pumps made quite a difference. When I'm cruising on the freeway, I can punch it while watching my rail pressure guage and it INSTANTLY goes up to 24.5kpsi. With the Stage 2, you could watch the pressure drop 3-4kspi and it would take about a second or so before it caught back up to 23-24kspi. Based on my being able to hit 23-24kspi, even though it took a bit to ramp up, some people might argue that my Stage 2 pump was keeping up. I'm curious to see how the new Stage 3 pumps are working for everyone.

Jared
Old 06-09-2008, 11:09 AM
wap

Originally Posted by jaredb900rr
Compared to my Stage 2 pump from Industrial Injection, I can say that the dual pumps made quite a difference. When I'm cruising on the freeway, I can punch it while watching my rail pressure guage and it INSTANTLY goes up to 24.5kpsi. With the Stage 2, you could watch the pressure drop 3-4kspi and it would take about a second or so before it caught back up to 23-24kspi. Based on my being able to hit 23-24kspi, even though it took a bit to ramp up, some people might argue that my Stage 2 pump was keeping up. I'm curious to see how the new Stage 3 pumps are working for everyone.

Jared
Have you ever dynoed your truck?

Thanks for sharing you experience about the pumps, I woulda thought with just 2s that a single pump woulda been plenty but I guess the dual pumps are better even with just 100hp injectors.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:24 AM
O.T

2's are nice sticks, I ran them with a stage 2 floor it pump and was real pleased with the results.
I have to agree with the others and that a stock pump is better suited for a smaller injector. Modded pumps will give you a better power band with the bigger stick.

o.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Banned

I have seen Flux 5's on A Floor It Stage 3 and it holds rail pressure fine and also puts down well over 700hp with a single charger as well.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sloverado
I have seen Flux 5's on A Floor It Stage 3 and it holds rail pressure fine and also puts down well over 700hp with a single charger as well.
YUP..........
Old 06-09-2008, 06:01 PM

I ran flux 2.5's on a DIY pump mod for a few months.
Yes, the 2.5's would drain the rail, but it took a while....Crank up your lift pump pressure....This seemed to help me.

You'll need dual Cp3's to run the 2.5's properly (I can't comment on the Floor it stuff), but at least you wont have to buy another set of sticks!

Quick Reply: What size flux injectors