3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

At What setting is a pusher pump needed with TST BDDL Stack?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At What setting is a pusher pump needed with TST BDDL Stack?

Hello everyone,

I like running my BDDL on 90 HP and the TST on 4/4

At what setting on the TST is a FASS fuel pusher pump needed?

I have had my 05 CTD hick up a time or two with the bddl at 90 and the TST at 4/4
I was told that it hick upd or bucked because I was running out of fuel at the injection pump.

Also Ive heard people stacking the TST with the BDDL Crazy Larry program and getting cooler EGT's ?

Is this true? How smooth is the power with the crazy larry stack and TsT?

My truck is stock except for AFE intake , No Cat , Nelson 86131M muffler, Metal intercooler, and of course the BDDL at 90 HP and the TST at 4/4. Also just added ATS torque converter and flex plate. The OEM flex plate came apart so I upgraded to the ATS converter and flexplate.

Thanks
Old 07-16-2005, 12:22 AM

If you are experiencing hic-ups, then you have vacuum in the line. My gauge used to run on 0psi but wouldn't hic-up until I really got on it and actually sucked the line dry. And trust me, when that happens, your asking for a HEAP of trouble! I'm in the process of having my pressure relief valve replaced and swapping out my Carter pump for a 95GPH FASS.
Mark at TST will also tell you that anything under 6psi in the delivery side will cause a lack of hp with the PMCR. That's even without any kind of pressure added.
So, in answer to your question, even if you ONLY run a TST, you should STILL run a good pusher pump. Whether it's Airdog, FASS, DPP or something of equal quality...
Old 07-17-2005, 01:39 PM

the 05s have a different system,the pusher pump is not only better but in the tank now as well.also these cp3 pumps work just fine pulling negative vaccum as long as you dont go above -3 your fine.i run my cldl,tst on 5/3 and ts powerplat at wfo no hickups or burps
Old 08-04-2005, 09:32 PM

I mounted a Holley blue pump right at the tank and it made a huge difference in the power of my truck. I also have a TST powermax 3 stacked with a NADP HEavy Hauler, lots of fuel now, no hiccups.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:53 AM

King d...it might "run" fine...but how can you explain that I can make 550 hp with only a special Ramifier and a Twins TST on a big single and you have resulted to triple stacks and still have not dynoed that high (or maybe the same now...lost track). I was down 100 hp before my fuel system was fixed with a Scotty Smart fuel...
Old 08-05-2005, 04:16 PM

I have had mine hip-up with the crazy larry/tst stack, so I'm installing the FASS pump. I spoke with Mark at TST and he said that running his box over 4/4 would suck the line dry. As far as the 05 pump being better, Mark seems to think they are worse.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:28 PM

Get a FASS or Holley.

You'll be pleasantly surprised with the results.
After I added a FASS to my truck it felt like I had another 20hp on the bottom end!
Old 08-05-2005, 04:38 PM

Originally posted by cquestad
King d...it might "run" fine...but how can you explain that I can make 550 hp with only a special Ramifier and a Twins TST on a big single and you have resulted to triple stacks and still have not dynoed that high (or maybe the same now...lost track). I was down 100 hp before my fuel system was fixed with a Scotty Smart fuel...
cant really explain it,the hp difference at least,different dyno,different day different correction factors, all of this high pressure pumps are not created equal perhaps mine is a little stronger than the average,this pump differences are very common and well known about in the duramax world.i got a spec sheet on the new in tank fuel pump that is on the 05 and it had better flow and psi than the holley blue.so i opted to leave it alone for know.i do plan to add a boost activated pusher via a y in the fueline for dyno comparison sake.my truck has 6000 miles on it to its gets more power with every mile,at least it seems to.i am not trying to argue just giving me experiences,i think we are all after the same thing.my last spin on the dyno i netted 540 and 11xx something and this was done in drive,imagine if i had been in od ,the numbers would have been much better
Old 08-05-2005, 04:46 PM

one more thing just came to mind,i havent installed the banks intercooloer yet,so i still have plastic end caps,i am wastegated at 40 psi and i can still smoke coal black at 40 psi,add some nos and its a different story
Old 08-05-2005, 06:11 PM
DTR Advertiser

Jess we need to bolt another charger in there and see what she will do. Plan a weekend in Va Beach and we will do twins and a pusher pump.