3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

At what point does pressure hurt the injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bkrukow
Are U replying to me or just in general? I am ultra confused rite now because my box has both Van Akaan and Bully Dog on it. It looks identical to what the C3.2 does except where the big blank spot on the front is it says Bully Dog Tourque Dog 600. It has the Van Akaan logo and all the same info at the top and everything. My wife bought me the box used and I dont have any of the papers on it. I have always asumed it was a presure only box but if it is a Duration box like the C3.2 then I will feel a little better.

Looks identical to this one except the adition of the bully dog stickers in the big blank spot.
http://www.vanaaken.com/usa/Trucksal...les%20Info.pdf

But claims to be this one that it looks nothing like.
http://www.bullydog.com/shopping/pgm...age_num=1&=SID

HELP!!!!
What the heck do i have??
bk,
The Torque Dog 600 was a van Aaken C3.2 box with a Bullydog sticker put on it. It isn't pressure it is only duration.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:46 AM

I like the way the VA 3.2 connects to the truck a lot better than the TST, though! I wonder why TST does it the way they do?

Andy
Old 03-17-2006, 12:31 PM

I don't know realsquash but it sure works well!!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2006, 12:34 PM

So I hear/see/smell!

Andy
Old 03-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Banned

Looks identical to this one except the adition of the bully dog stickers in the big blank spot.
http://www.vanaaken.com/usa/Trucksal...les%20Info.pdf

But claims to be this one that it looks nothing like.
http://www.bullydog.com/shopping/pgm...age_num=1&=SID

HELP!!!!
What the heck do i have??
Bullydog has been known to relabel other peoples electronics, just take a look out there and see how many people's boxes look identical to Bully Dog's downloader. Even people that don't even do diesel tuning have a box that looks identical with a different sticker on it.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well for what its worth I emailed Bully Dog yesterday and got a response back today abought the box. They said the box is an antique and they no longer offer it. They claim it is a presure only box but wouldent tell me how much it raises the presure. They said it is a 0/50/90hp box. I guess its time to start convinsing the wife I need a new box that dont use presure or very little of it anyway.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:12 PM
Banned

Well for what its worth I emailed Bully Dog yesterday and got a response back today abought the box. They said the box is an antique and they no longer offer it. They claim it is a presure only box but wouldent tell me how much it raises the presure. They said it is a 0/50/90hp box. I guess its time to start convinsing the wife I need a new box that dont use presure or very little of it anyway.

The box IS NOT a pressure only box. It is a DURATION ONLY box. It is a relabled C3.2 which is a duration box. If you get me the serial number I can tell you the day it was bought, who it was sold to, when t was made .....

I am positive this is not a pressure box, don't let them tell you it is.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wiley the serial number is 031605. Thanks for your help. It is greatly apreciated.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:58 PM

What have the experiences been with the TS MP-8 pressure box?
Old 03-18-2006, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Big Bob
What have the experiences been with the TS MP-8 pressure box?
iv'e heard great things about them and i think they can tailor the box to suit your needs(accompany TST). i would like to know from a reputable source what the pressure is out of them. anybody heard when the 3rd Gen Smarty's are going to be available or how the progress is coming?
Old 03-18-2006, 09:33 PM

Dennis @ TS will tell you if you call him. It will send it up there on its higher settings. The MP-8 is hands down the best bottom end, top end, and can be adjusted to exactley what you need pressure box out there. Stacked it rips. With stock injectors, TST Twins or Edge Juice Hot, and the right amount of MP-8 tune with the air and fuel supply to support...anyone can make 500+ hp. Those with the EZ really need to try the MP-8 stack and see what you "might" be missing.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by napa 600
anybody heard when the 3rd Gen Smarty's are going to be available or how the progress is coming?
Last I heard from Bob Wagner and Marco was Marco is working on it, but they are not going to release it till Marco is absolutely satified with it performance and reliability.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:00 PM

Bully Dog 600 / Van AAkin 3.2 HELP

Originally Posted by wileyc
The box IS NOT a pressure only box. It is a DURATION ONLY box. It is a relabled C3.2 which is a duration box. If you get me the serial number I can tell you the day it was bought, who it was sold to, when t was made .....

I am positive this is not a pressure box, don't let them tell you it is.
Wileyc, You posted this a long while back, I have came across a Bully Dog Torque Dog 600 (Van AAken box) that I want to install on my truck, I purchased this because it was my under standing that it is "not" a pressure box as you state. IS this still your belief? The serial number is 032091, does the 32 in the serial number mean that it is a 3.2 verson? Also most of it I can figure out how to hook up but there is a single black wire with a ring terminal on it. I assume that it is to be connected to the battery, can you tell me is it for that and is it to go to the possitive or negative? If I connect it incorrectly bad things can happen. Any chance you can come up with any instructions?The truck I want to install it on is a 03 CCSB HO 6 speed with only 24K miles on it and I really don't want to screw it up. Thanks