3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

What mods are your tax returns buying?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 08:52 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hopefully a DD clutch....... or a engagment ring
Old 01-21-2007, 08:57 AM

I overpaid by quite a bit last year due to a LOT of overtime in the last half, so I'm getting a decent return. It is already spent though.... used it to pay off one of my student loans. So no more interest on THAT crappy loan.

Oh, but with some of the extra money from the OVERTIME I'll be buying a 4.5" Fabtech lift
Old 01-21-2007, 09:20 AM

TAX RETURN??? I have not seen that for so long I would not recognize it. I'm self employed, ALWAYS have to pay the feds. If I have some lucky, busy month I get a little spending spree, but that's it.

I am going to come out a little better in the State department this year. I have been working to put in solar and wind power alternatives, so there are some nice tax credits I can take to my advantage. I have also saved a lot on my electric bills as a result. My office runs on solar power now, and I have been living on my own power for the past 5 years. The whole home system has now paid for itself, free energy from the sun and wind is really nice. The system I put in my office this last year will have itself paid for in 2 years.

So, I plan on banking the electric bill equivalent every month. That's my return over time.

CD
Old 01-21-2007, 09:22 AM

im planning on twin cp3s and bigger fluxes
Old 01-21-2007, 09:33 AM

i am hoping they give me enough to get some tranny parts
Old 01-21-2007, 10:20 AM

I Too this year will be sending my hard earned money away. would have paid some bills, so probably would not have bought anything anyways. next mod will be n-fab nerf bars.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by ramtd02
You americans got it easy!!! Try paying the gov. 40% of your pay, then still having too pay them another 10K unless you buy 20K in RSP's.

I give them 38% and pay high $ for medical coverage. I don't think we are any better or worse off then Canadians.

My tax return goes to my wife to see what she needs or wants for the house.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:46 AM

Taxes

I pay every year, It just depends on how much.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:27 AM

My tax money paying for my vacation to Jamaica. I really wanted turbo but it going have to wait for a little longer.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:16 PM

I'm using my tax return to pay off all of the things I bought during the year for my truck. Someday I'll be able to put it in the bank. But oh well.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:18 PM

I won't see any of mine. We're going to put 25% of it in our childrens 529 college fund, and the wife has the rest earmarked for home improvements. I do get to make some upgrades throughout the year though. As a matter of fact if I sell my CRF450, I'll be getting a new winch bumper. I haven't ridden in a couple months so maybe it's time.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:01 PM

I would be mad to get big returns. I dont like letting the governemnet use my money for FREE. I prefer my paychecks to be as fat as possible and I surely know how to spend my money better than Big Brother does. Usually my returns are about $100 give or take a little. That'll put fuel in the truck 1.5 times or so
Old 01-21-2007, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by CD in NM
TAX RETURN??? I have not seen that for so long I would not recognize it. I'm self employed, ALWAYS have to pay the feds. If I have some lucky, busy month I get a little spending spree, but that's it.

I am going to come out a little better in the State department this year. I have been working to put in solar and wind power alternatives, so there are some nice tax credits I can take to my advantage. I have also saved a lot on my electric bills as a result. My office runs on solar power now, and I have been living on my own power for the past 5 years. The whole home system has now paid for itself, free energy from the sun and wind is really nice. The system I put in my office this last year will have itself paid for in 2 years.

So, I plan on banking the electric bill equivalent every month. That's my return over time.

CD
Nice - self-sustaining power.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:49 PM
tcr

My hard earned tax refund will be sent strait to the HTB2 turbo people, I'm feelin' a much needed 62/14 in my very near future. I also need an intercooler....no, I want a new intercooler.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by DiEseLjunKy
I would be mad to get big returns. I dont like letting the governemnet use my money for FREE. I prefer my paychecks to be as fat as possible and I surely know how to spend my money better than Big Brother does. Usually my returns are about $100 give or take a little. That'll put fuel in the truck 1.5 times or so
Same here.............................Rooster

Quick Reply: What mods are your tax returns buying?