3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

What mods are your tax returns buying?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What mods are your tax returns buying?

I know not everyone is going to spend their tax money on mods, but I bet most of you guys are. So what's it going to be? A new turbo? A nitrous system? A built tranny?
Old 01-20-2007, 08:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I gotta be honest with you... I can't remember the last time I got a refund from the gov.... I'm always cutting them a huge check...
Old 01-20-2007, 08:26 PM

Im thinking new Mud Terrains from Toyo either that or some things to make it more aesthetically pleasing. DOnt know though. Ill be checking this often I want to see what everyone else is thinking.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:44 PM

Im gonna "bomb" my mortgage payment so I can get my house paid off this year and have money for my new buisness venture.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by tristan21
Im gonna "bomb" my mortgage payment so I can get my house paid off this year and have money for my new buisness venture.
Actually that one will buy a lot of mods if it pays off in the end. Good luck! Mine is tied up paying things off too. I have to live vicariously through you guys.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New tax bracket this year It looks like we will barely do better than break even. Guess the injectors will have to wait.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:13 PM

I am at all stop till tax time is over. you guys can buy Diesel trucks and get money back at the end of the year? back when I got tax returns I drove old beaters, couldent even think of having a truck like what I have now
Old 01-20-2007, 09:21 PM

I found this post depressing due to the fact that I yet again, I am sending off a check to the IRS that could pay half of the note on my new truck. I've made an oath this year that I will work less on making more coin and work more on keeping the coin that I make.

Y'all have fun...like t-boe I will live vicariously through you guys.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:51 PM

Its not that hard to do guys, withhold the maximum amount all year, start a buisness in which you can right almost everything off, and oh yeah have 5 kids.

They also do neat stuff like a CTD, like, cost lots, blow smoke(except it goes up you tailpipe), get dirty, require special addatives, require lots of time and probably keep you from ever having to worry about payin that luxury tax junk(that equals 5 tuitions and 5 CTD's ).
Old 01-21-2007, 02:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Paying off the snowmobiles I cant ride. This is nuts, Texas has got more snow then we have this year.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by trik396
I gotta be honest with you... I can't remember the last time I got a refund from the gov.... I'm always cutting them a huge check...
I have gotten a return as long as I have been working. I started paying taxes when I was 14 doing floors and framing during the summer. Worked in almost every trade imaginable from construstion to welding...yes even some retail at the local hardware store. I joined the USAF for 6 years and excelled as a top aircraft mechanic and flying crew chief, all to come home and triple my pay. I could have sworn I would be moved into that dreaded tax bracket, but nope I pay too much interest on my house.....I have some gauge, and a FASS 150 coming, but still don't know what to do as far as a chip is concerned yet.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:36 AM

You americans got it easy!!! Try paying the gov. 40% of your pay, then still having too pay them another 10K unless you buy 20K in RSP's.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:59 AM

haha sorry t-boe, this thread didnt head the direction you wanted it to.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by dhughe2
haha sorry t-boe, this thread didnt head the direction you wanted it to.
It told me something else in a round about way. I know how most of these guys can afford all these mods. THEY HAVE HIGH PAYING JOBS!! I'm still in the USAF so my budget will only allow me so much so fast. That's ok though. My CTD will last for many years and many miles so I have time.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:38 AM

all right!!!!

i must be one of those lucky rich guys who can actually do math and take out enough to get a return at the end of the year

poor babies ...

you actually have to give up a little money to live in the greatest nation on earth ...

move to siberia ... the land of the free and no taxes

the bomb that my tax return is buying is a concrete basketball court for my kids ...

Quick Reply: What mods are your tax returns buying?