3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

What kind of chip that can be removed when going to get warranty???

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 02:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you tried running it harder, let it get up to lockup quick and then back out of it and drive with an egg under the pedal. try different things
Old 05-31-2004, 03:56 PM

Thanks for the tip. I will try that and also try with tow mode around town.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:57 PM

Originally posted by spots
Worked many many years at the dealerships as a tech. The only work we did not warranty was accident damage, neglect or stupidity. To say that "everytime you go to a dealer they are trying to rip the average joe off" is a very inaccurate statement. We bent over backwards to please the customer. I didn't rip people off, and I didn't rip Ford off. Simple as that. You have a very distorted view.
Just last month I took my truck in for the Tranny Cooler recall. Everything seemed fine after I left the dealer until I hooked my fifth wheel up for a trip. After the trip I noticed the tranny started slipping and was leaking fluid. I was 400 miles from the dealer who worked on the recall so I had to take it into another dealer where I was at the time. They noticed that who ever did the recall had stripped out the fitting that this cooling line screws into causing the tranny to leak several quarts of fluid causing it to slip. The dealer who did the recall claims that there was probably no damage done to the tranny. I have noticed that the tranny has slipped some after the fitting was fixed but, according to this other dealer, there is not enough reason to tear down the tranny for further inspection. I have an appointment tomorrow to have an ATS class III upgrade installed and they will be making any repairs necessary. My point here is what’s the use of a warranty when there’s technicians out there who can’t even pay attention to detail. The dealer creates problems like this one and then explains that I should wait until there is additional evidence that some thing more serious could be wrong with the operation of the tranny before having to spend time on possibly un-necessary repairs. I suppose someone like myself has a distorted view also...
Old 06-01-2004, 03:07 AM

Exactly, I was worried about my warranty but I might just upgrade the Valve body and T.C before it dies.... Who cares about the warranty when thats the kind of work you get. I just had the recall done too, no drips yet.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:07 AM
Banned

Sorry to hear of your poor workmanship at the dealer. I know where I worked that problems did occur and we took care of the customer. We also had a couple charged with fraud trying to scam our warranty system. Too bad DC makes such a crappy auto trans that you feel the need to get it upgraded this soon. But I knew this when I bought my truck and got the 6 spd.
We discussed why the good techs are out of the business here before. Do a search on flat rate. You will find much reading.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:56 AM

Some techs are better than others. Some are downright useless, others near magical. Always been that way. Even a good shop is going to have some of the guys who are good for oil changes and such but little more. At a small shop this isn't normally a problem because the guy with the skills will find his way to your rig. Not always so in a larger (dealership) shop.The trick is recognizing when you have a problem thats going to be difficult to solve and then getting your truck in the hands of someone who can solve it. At dealerships your truck will often find its way into the hands of the next available tech unless you talk to someone to arrange otherwise. No problem if your getting your oil changed. Not an optimal setup if you are looking at a tough situation to diagnose. It goes without saying that even in a good shop screwups are going to happen. A good shop will make it right. I know a lot of this is obvious but I hate to see an entire group of folks, the majority of which are honest people trying to do a job, get slammed.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:36 PM
Banned

Originally posted by crabman
Some techs are better than others. Some are downright useless, others near magical. Always been that way. Even a good shop is going to have some of the guys who are good for oil changes and such but little more. At a small shop this isn't normally a problem because the guy with the skills will find his way to your rig. Not always so in a larger (dealership) shop.The trick is recognizing when you have a problem thats going to be difficult to solve and then getting your truck in the hands of someone who can solve it. At dealerships your truck will often find its way into the hands of the next available tech unless you talk to someone to arrange otherwise. No problem if your getting your oil changed. Not an optimal setup if you are looking at a tough situation to diagnose. It goes without saying that even in a good shop screwups are going to happen. A good shop will make it right. I know a lot of this is obvious but I hate to see an entire group of folks, the majority of which are honest people trying to do a job, get slammed.
Well said crabman. One of the reasons I left the trade was because I was getting the electrical problems and getting killed on my time (warranty flat rate) while the less skilled techs were getting retail work. Some weeks they would have my time-tickets beat by 20 hours. Talking to the owner and service manager was useless. Nobody else would/could do the work. So I walked out and have never ever looked back. I really feel sorry for vehicle owners who are have no clue how the vehicle systems work, yet can criticize the techs.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:12 PM

I heard a story the other day about a guy driving a truck a new one and these two kids in a honda came out of a side street and nailed this guy in front of the rear wheels this guys truck was loaded .the frist thing the police did was blame him of unsafe speed and arested him the two kids were dead. turns out they accessed the computer in the truck not only was he going under the speed limit
when they hit him he was in the process of braking. all of this out of the vehicle computer. and you wonder about a chip mod yes they can tell
Old 06-02-2004, 06:39 PM

Anyone heard about the Bulldog chip?
Old 06-04-2004, 10:39 PM

bully dog
http://www.bullydog.com/
Old 06-05-2004, 02:18 PM

Originally posted by zzsdad
bully dog
http://www.bullydog.com/