3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

What kind of chip that can be removed when going to get warranty???

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fiverbob, yes it does, and I'm not sure if I'll have the chip in when I make my way down to your state next week. Sort of mixed feelings, but this thing does seem to make the truck purr a little better at highway speeds.

Yup, towing bill from Florida to Alberta could be a little high
Old 05-28-2004, 04:40 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally posted by converteddzlr
Fiverbob, yes it does, and I'm not sure if I'll have the chip in when I make my way down to your state next week.
We are never happy, are we. You are heading for my way and I am heading for Canada. Hey, maybe we should just meet in the Smokies and save some money.
Old 05-29-2004, 02:08 PM

I'll bring the Canadian!
Old 05-29-2004, 07:24 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I'll bring the GATORade.
Old 05-30-2004, 03:52 AM

Re: Re: What kind of chip that can be removed when going to get warranty???

Originally posted by spots
Yeah I have a suggestion. Find a dealer that will warranty your truck with a chip. Removing one for warranty work to hide it from DC is fraud.
What about what DC hides from us? My dealer told me that I would be getting for mpg's (18+) while I was plunking down my hard earned cash. I got 443 miles out of my last full tank. Is that fraud?
Old 05-30-2004, 07:38 AM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: What kind of chip that can be removed when going to get warranty???

Originally posted by thames1948
What about what DC hides from us? My dealer told me that I would be getting for mpg's (18+) while I was plunking down my hard earned cash. I got 443 miles out of my last full tank. Is that fraud?
Ummm kinda stretching it aren't ya? Dunno mine gets well over 20 ALL the time. They didn't lie to me.
Old 05-30-2004, 08:24 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Re: Re: What kind of chip that can be removed when going to get warranty???

Originally posted by thames1948
No, it's not fraud. That is what I'd classify as you not doing your homework before making a purchase. If you don't like the truck, feel free to get rid of it.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:13 AM

Also remember the dealer can say yes all day long but if the DC rep says no to any repair work then the dealer will not fix.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:34 AM

I go into the dealer with all bombs at full sail. We have a mutual agreement. They will fix any unrelated problems without consideration, if it has something to do with a modified piece, they wont. No restrictions on the warranty will be invoked. Works for me. I get my warranty work done with no hassles and am prepared to be my own warranty station on those pieces that might have been hurt by my actions. This IMO is a fair working relationship that satisfies both parties.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:28 PM

20 MPG all the time

You can always get rid of it - at a big loss in $$$$$$$$

What homework did he not do ? no it is not fraud on dc. part
But everytime you go to a dealer there trying to rip the average joe off !

I hear I am my own warrenty station all the time

Then everyone wants a module thats easy to take out , does not throw codes - Why ? So it can be taken out easy if your truck breaks down & codes wont be shown that let the dealer know the module was there .

IM no angel - but I dont pull my performance goodies off if I take my truck in - But then I have never had an endine problem with any of my diesels.
Old 05-30-2004, 01:11 PM

I don't know what other kind of home work I could have done other then all the dodge diesel web sites that I went to first. Not many 600's out there when I ordered mine and who would of ever thought DC would go the other way on mpg's with the world as is today. Not me. Any way, I didn't mean to high jack this tread,just responding
Old 05-30-2004, 02:19 PM

The thing with mileage is that among the trucks the mileage varies due to configuration. A standard cab 6 speed with 3.73s will get better mileage than a long bed quad with an auto and the lower gears. Then there is the fact that I have read many posts where people are basing their mileage on the readout from the computer. It lies, simple as that. An accurate measurement can be made by doing the math at the pump. Then, many posts show the owners "best" mileage as compared to a more realistic average number. Further, driving habits will obviously affect mileage ( for the worse in my case bwaa ha ha) and can not be ignored. Combine this with a certain percentage that brag up their mileage a little and it isn't hard to see why you can read numbers that are better than yours.
Old 05-30-2004, 03:43 PM
Banned

Originally posted by RadRam
20 MPG all the time

But everytime you go to a dealer there trying to rip the average joe off !

I
Yep hate to tell you but I get over 20 hand calculated all the time. I keep very accurate records of all my mileage and fuel costs for my business. I have a receipt for every fillup of my truck since new and all the calculations in a notebook.

Worked many many years at the dealerships as a tech. The only work we did not warranty was accident damage, neglect or stupidity. To say that "everytime you go to a dealer they are trying to rip the average joe off" is a very inaccurate statement. We bent over backwards to please the customer. I didn't rip people off, and I didn't rip Ford off. Simple as that. You have a very distorted view.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:45 PM

Spots - Im talking about if he wants to trade his truck off - hes going to take a beating . As for service department

Good for you if you actually get 20 mpg + all the time. 2 wheel drive - his is 4x4.

Thames 1948 - some guys are going to aftermarket injectors to get better milage with the 600 - good luck.
Old 05-30-2004, 10:08 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by spots
[B]Yep hate to tell you but I get over 20 hand calculated all the time. I keep very accurate records of all my mileage and fuel costs for my business. I have a receipt for every fillup of my truck since new and all the calculations in a notebook.

This is the kind of homework I did, reading posts like this from owner operators. I asumed all were legit mpg quotes. Anyway 13 mpg with mixed driving and driving as if a egg was under my foot is not what was represented to me. I would sell, but what would I tell new owner,same thing I was told? I can't do that to someone else so unless I want to lose a bunch of $$$, I am stuck and will deal with it. RadRam I saw the injecter thread and then thought about wrnty or lack of if I install them. Again I don't mean to get off topic. Sorry.

Quick Reply: What kind of chip that can be removed when going to get warranty???