3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

What happened to the DPPI intake dyno results??

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005 | 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What happened to the DPPI intake dyno results??

I have been looking forward to the dyno results on the air intake system that made 35hp on the dyno. Any news here??
Old 09-15-2005 | 08:40 PM
Chapter President

Old 09-16-2005 | 11:16 AM
Banned

bigman,

I'll try to post this so it doesn't get deleted by a Moderator of the site, I posted this info last week ( I was pretty PO'ed at the time) and it got removed ASAP so nobody saw it.

First off I want to apologize to all the members that wanted to see this info, we were ready to go and then it fell apart, out of our control but stuff happens.

What we had planned was a Ford (sorry) 6.0 Dyno Shootout here in Nashville, we were testing each and every module/programmer you can imagine on the same truck at the same time to see just who was selling what they say they are etc etc you get the idea. The post about the Quad intake was something I was interested in as 35 HP from an intake is really impressive, we already had the dyno time paid for we had a 2004.5 here to use and would have the extra time most likely to do a test. Quad said he would send the intake so why not!!

I posted a message to Quad on Friday that the intake needs to be sent to the dyno address shipped next day air Saturday delivery. The reason that had to be done was Quad had sent his 6.0 Ford modules here for the dyno runs on the Ford's along with an intake. I never opened up the box and when Ralph (the guy putting the dyno shootout together) called to make sure all the different brands had sent in their products to us he asked me to open them up and make double sure they were correct etc. Well when I opened it up it was a air system for a 6.0 not a 5.9. Quad and I had talked on this site about him sending a intake with his 6.0 modules when the time came to ship them, so stupid me I figured that it was for a 5.9 not a 6.0. I had to go to Mississippi to helps some Katrina relatives on Saturday so I had made a post here to have Quad address the 5.9 intake to the dyno shop owner, Ralph the guy running the show for the 6.0 Dyno Shootout was informed it was comming and what we needed to do with it etc and was ready to go. Quad responed that just to put this to rest he would send the intake to us to test.

Quad's test was on a truck with injectors and a different turbo, I told him we didn't have that but we had a 2004.5 with exhaust, intake and any modulel/programmer he wanted us to use available. Some of the members wanted us to test it on a stock truck so we said we would do that as well with the exception or removing the exhaust system from the truck, too hard to do etc! This way the members would see what it did on a modded truck like Quad wanted and originally got his 35 HP gain on and also on a stock truck. Most members have exhaust and or intake a module or programmer etc. Not too many of them have injectors and or a turbo so this would give the air box a test that the majority of buyers could see the relevance in and apply it to their own truck and see what it would do for them and their individual truck.

Well Saturday arrived and they started doing runs, they got done around 2.30 or 3 PM and no intake every arrived, so they blew it off. I found out about this on Monday AM after I returned from Mississippi, well lo and behold while the guys are telling me about the Dyno Shootout here comes Big Brown with a Quad intake sent next day addressed to our office address, no Sat delivery though.

When I posted this last week I was pretty direct with my comments as I was PO'ed pretty good, I had scheduled dyno time, got an employee to agree to removing his AFE Stage II on his 2004.5 Dodge (not a fun or easy task by the way) to reinstall his stock system (also a PITA) do runs, install the Quad intake, do more runs, change modules etc, do more runs and them reinstall the AFE Stge II back on his truck (also a PITA). In fact I even posted the UPS tracking numbers as I didn't want anyone here to think we weanied out and just didn't do the test because we were lazy or whatever. Looking back the moderators probably did the right thing by taking the post down, I never saw any of the reponses that were posted but I bet some of them might have been beyond what a family site needs to have on it.

So the dyno tests didn't get done, sorry we will try again next time. I still have the intake and will keep it and dyno it when we do another Shootout (maybe the Dodge groups want to get one together?) or Quad can send a UPS pick up for the intake if he wants. Again sorry for letting you folks down, but it was out of our control.

Mark @ DPPI
Old 09-16-2005 | 12:21 PM

Thats to bad. I wanted to see the amazing results. Maybe next time. Thanks for taking the time to reply Mark.
Old 09-16-2005 | 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Craig
bigman,

I'll try to post this so it doesn't get deleted by a Moderator of the site, I posted this info last week ( I was pretty PO'ed at the time) and it got removed ASAP so nobody saw it.

First off I want to apologize to all the members that wanted to see this info, we were ready to go and then it fell apart, out of our control but stuff happens.

What we had planned was a Ford (sorry) 6.0 Dyno Shootout here in Nashville, we were testing each and every module/programmer you can imagine on the same truck at the same time to see just who was selling what they say they are etc etc you get the idea. The post about the Quad intake was something I was interested in as 35 HP from an intake is really impressive, we already had the dyno time paid for we had a 2004.5 here to use and would have the extra time most likely to do a test. Quad said he would send the intake so why not!!

I posted a message to Quad on Friday that the intake needs to be sent to the dyno address shipped next day air Saturday delivery. The reason that had to be done was Quad had sent his 6.0 Ford modules here for the dyno runs on the Ford's along with an intake. I never opened up the box and when Ralph (the guy putting the dyno shootout together) called to make sure all the different brands had sent in their products to us he asked me to open them up and make double sure they were correct etc. Well when I opened it up it was a air system for a 6.0 not a 5.9. Quad and I had talked on this site about him sending a intake with his 6.0 modules when the time came to ship them, so stupid me I figured that it was for a 5.9 not a 6.0. I had to go to Mississippi to helps some Katrina relatives on Saturday so I had made a post here to have Quad address the 5.9 intake to the dyno shop owner, Ralph the guy running the show for the 6.0 Dyno Shootout was informed it was comming and what we needed to do with it etc and was ready to go. Quad responed that just to put this to rest he would send the intake to us to test.

Quad's test was on a truck with injectors and a different turbo, I told him we didn't have that but we had a 2004.5 with exhaust, intake and any modulel/programmer he wanted us to use available. Some of the members wanted us to test it on a stock truck so we said we would do that as well with the exception or removing the exhaust system from the truck, too hard to do etc! This way the members would see what it did on a modded truck like Quad wanted and originally got his 35 HP gain on and also on a stock truck. Most members have exhaust and or intake a module or programmer etc. Not too many of them have injectors and or a turbo so this would give the air box a test that the majority of buyers could see the relevance in and apply it to their own truck and see what it would do for them and their individual truck.

Well Saturday arrived and they started doing runs, they got done around 2.30 or 3 PM and no intake every arrived, so they blew it off. I found out about this on Monday AM after I returned from Mississippi, well lo and behold while the guys are telling me about the Dyno Shootout here comes Big Brown with a Quad intake sent next day addressed to our office address, no Sat delivery though.

When I posted this last week I was pretty direct with my comments as I was PO'ed pretty good, I had scheduled dyno time, got an employee to agree to removing his AFE Stage II on his 2004.5 Dodge (not a fun or easy task by the way) to reinstall his stock system (also a PITA) do runs, install the Quad intake, do more runs, change modules etc, do more runs and them reinstall the AFE Stge II back on his truck (also a PITA). In fact I even posted the UPS tracking numbers as I didn't want anyone here to think we weanied out and just didn't do the test because we were lazy or whatever. Looking back the moderators probably did the right thing by taking the post down, I never saw any of the reponses that were posted but I bet some of them might have been beyond what a family site needs to have on it.

So the dyno tests didn't get done, sorry we will try again next time. I still have the intake and will keep it and dyno it when we do another Shootout (maybe the Dodge groups want to get one together?) or Quad can send a UPS pick up for the intake if he wants. Again sorry for letting you folks down, but it was out of our control.

Mark @ DPPI
I will do my best to keep this from being deleted as well, but here it goes.

I sent it Next Day Air with Sat. delivery, however UPS screwed it up, and I am getting refunded on the Saturday delivery charge. That is why I posted the tracking#. Regardless I payed to send it overnight to someone who would do anything in their power to make me look bad, this includes mis-respresenting our claims, but not limited to just that.

So it is most likely that we won't get a test out of it and even though there was no communication other than on the board, I still sent the intake at no charge to be tested at someone else's shop that does not like me. I got called out on Friday and sent it as fast as we could, sorry UPS screws up from time to time.

Now just to clear this up AGAIN. Our website claims gains UP TO 35rwhp from our intake systems. THe page on our site references intake for Dmax, Powerstroke, and Cummins. Never in any of the literature does it claim 35hp from any stock truck.

I also would like to bring up AFE's claims. The claim 50rwhp from a Stage 2 kit. Lets see it. Or better yet, send me one and let me dyno it.

Also just for the record installing and un-installing our Monster Air Intake is not a PITA. Sorry the AFE is.

I sent the intake, test it or send it back. Why should I send a call tag? I paid to overnight it, you have had plenty of time to test it why not be courteous enough to spend $10 and send it back?
Old 09-16-2005 | 01:13 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I am going to close this one before it gets out of hand. Both of you have had a chance to express your view of the situation, lets leave it at that and move on.