3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

What do you think? New Tires/wheels/lift

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 08:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks STUPENDOUS!!!
Old 12-23-2006, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That looks GREAT! Makes me wish I had ponied up for the 37s instead of 35s. Oh well.... i'll have the same amount of lift soon, so when these 35s wear out....
Old 12-23-2006, 08:50 AM

Thats beautiful. Im a huge fan of the black on black look. Makes me wish id gotten the black one.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by wap
Sharp, I am a big fan of black If I had a single tire thats what I would have mine set up like.

One thought, I dont know about your tint laws, if you care, or if you dont like tint, but to ME blackin out those front windows would tie that truck together a little more I think.

Either way, great lookin truck.
wap, I totally agree with you but here in Jersey the laws are tough on tinting windows. I will look into if they allow any % of tint and do at least that much.

Thanks again everyone, glad to hear you like it. Crazy thing is Black was not my first choice, I wanted a silver one but I couldn't pass up the deal on this fuly loaded black one.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:29 PM
wap

Geets I have about 20% on my front windows and 50% ( I think) over my entire windshield. Yes it is illegal but I have never, ever been pulled for tint around here but i do live in the sticks.

You should be able to get 32% and be legal but definately check. Another thing is if you want a darker look get your back glass done too, the less light that is aloud to enter the truck the dark it will look on all windows.

If you dont care about bein legal get your front window done in 16%, that matches the back almost perfectly.

I think I am gonna go and have fronts redone in 16% and have the back glass done in 16 over the factory, (not the back window the back windsheild)

If you decide to go 16% it is hard to find, around here anyway, but I did find it the other day.

good luck and once again, great lookin truck

For you guys that like black on black I need to try and get some pics of mine up. The rear bumper, weels and door strip thingy is chrome other than that, all black.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:53 PM

Geets,

Turned out awesome!
Old 12-25-2006, 12:43 AM

Sweet ride
Might want to get some locking lug nuts though
Old 12-25-2006, 09:10 PM

geets,

where else, or who else, did you look at for black rims. I've got stockers on my 37's and want to upgrade to 18's when I get new tires.

I hate to be the photoshop dude, but could someone change geets truck to make it look red. I'm guessing that would be pretty simple as far as photoshop goes.

I know that black rims look good on a black truck, but not sure about on a red truck....I may go with chrome/polished cause I know that's always good.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:11 PM

looks nice!
Old 12-28-2006, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by icrider
geets,

where else, or who else, did you look at for black rims. I've got stockers on my 37's and want to upgrade to 18's when I get new tires.

I hate to be the photoshop dude, but could someone change geets truck to make it look red. I'm guessing that would be pretty simple as far as photoshop goes.

I know that black rims look good on a black truck, but not sure about on a red truck....I may go with chrome/polished cause I know that's always good.
icrider,

I think black rims look tough on a red truck. Check out this ride:

Old 12-28-2006, 11:28 AM

Glad I could be of some help Geets!

Truck looks amazing...really amazing. I wish wheels like your were available back when I did my truck...oh 2.5 years ago. Oh well. LOL.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by icrider
geets,

I will be doing the black rims on a red truck, when my tires finally wear out. Probably into the late winter/early spring. I have thread on here where a bunch of people posted up pics of red trucks/black wheels. I want to go with the black rockstars, and a 4.5" lift with 35s but after seeing this truck, maybe 37s, that combo looks great!

I will see if I can find the thread on red truck/black rims....

OK here it is ---> https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=124095
Old 12-28-2006, 08:55 PM

Thanks again for all of the comments guys.

Just added the Bushwacker flares today to keep the tires tucked in.

Before

After

Old 12-28-2006, 09:26 PM

looks even meaner. nice
Old 12-28-2006, 09:47 PM

Looks Great.
You have heard, once you go black.........

Quick Reply: What do you think? New Tires/wheels/lift