3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

What to do now!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do now!

Ok guys, I know ive been out of sight for a while, but my truck is still running strong and have no tranny issues yet! I dont have all that much to dump into this truck, as I have soo many other expences that I have to neglect some stuff.

I was thinking of selling the bullydog PP to offset the cost of either a new glacier diesel fuel pump, or like a TC or VB? What should I do?

I can either keep the bdpp/quad race combo, or sell the bdpp and get some $$ off of the TC, or fuel pump?? But before I do, I was wanting to know what you guys thought I should do about another stacking combo?

The current combo I have runs really good, but with more upgrades, I dont know if its the way to go or not? Whatcha think?
Old 02-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BossHogg
Ok guys, I know ive been out of sight for a while, but my truck is still running strong and have no tranny issues yet! I dont have all that much to dump into this truck, as I have soo many other expences that I have to neglect some stuff.

I was thinking of selling the bullydog PP to offset the cost of either a new glacier diesel fuel pump, or like a TC or VB? What should I do?

I can either keep the bdpp/quad race combo, or sell the bdpp and get some $$ off of the TC, or fuel pump?? But before I do, I was wanting to know what you guys thought I should do about another stacking combo?

The current combo I have runs really good, but with more upgrades, I dont know if its the way to go or not? Whatcha think?
TC/VB first....

sell your pup now and buy a Smarty or Triple Dog later.

good to see ya back! I wondered why you went into hiding....

and btw the track is Ennis is closed in the fall/winter months....so thats why i haven't PMed you about meeting up at that track yet!
Old 02-14-2007, 01:27 PM

i concur with Phil
i would get the "DTT" TC/VB done and then i would get the BDTD

just my 2 centados
Old 02-14-2007, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by 973604x4
TC/VB first....

sell your pup now and buy a Smarty or Triple Dog later.

good to see ya back! I wondered why you went into hiding....

and btw the track is Ennis is closed in the fall/winter months....so thats why i haven't PMed you about meeting up at that track yet!

Ya, I thought you'd chime in with some tranny work!! LOL.....But its a great idea and your right!!! Now stacked with my quad, do you think the bully dog TD, or the Smarty will be much better than the BDPP on my 04 305/555? I thought there was only so much you can do to these with the cpu's???

I also heard somewhere on here that the Bdpp has better bottom end than the BDTD???

Not trying to argue, just asking if you have heard the same thing or not?

Plus973604,
I finally ran another suped up dodge the other day, I have never got to run anyone cause Im in Dallas and I just never ran across anyone who was game.

...So I raced a truck near the same yr, not sure what yr, but a newer model, he had huge stacks, 4" or so lift, and 37's. He had a pillar full of gages and he was blowing enough smoke to smoke all of Dickeys briskets!!! We did a 20mph or so rolling start, and to my suprise, I smoked the heck out of him. He was blowing clouds as we went down the road, and mine blew none! And he looked to have much more done to his truck, it was a standard, but I dont think that shouldev mattered? Just FYI, and to scare you!!!LOL

Anyway, I talked to Blake recently and he has some new found ideas for my truck as well as his. He is currently in Diesel school, and seems to have learned a bunch, but everything he reccomends is either radical, or expensive! But he has told me to buy a stock turbo on here, and he knows of a mod to do to it, where the inlet size stays the same, but the outlet is like a 62 or 66 or something. another fyi.

Anyway, good to hear from you man, I still want to meet you at the track someday to see whatcha got, and to see if my stocker tranny can put a hurtin on ya!!!! It seems to be pretty fast for having a stocker tranny and I havent had any problems with it and I have 92k miles!~ Go figure

I guess Im just lucky either that or my time is about up!!LOL
Old 02-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Banned

Ya, I thought you'd chime in with some tranny work!! LOL.....But its a great idea and your right!!! Now stacked with my quad, do you think the bully dog TD, or the Smarty will be much better than the BDPP on my 04 305/555? I thought there was only so much you can do to these with the cpu's???

I also heard somewhere on here that the Bdpp has better bottom end than the BDTD???

Not trying to argue, just asking if you have heard the same thing or not?

Plus973604,
I finally ran another suped up dodge the other day, I have never got to run anyone cause Im in Dallas and I just never ran across anyone who was game.

...So I raced a truck near the same yr, not sure what yr, but a newer model, he had huge stacks, 4" or so lift, and 37's. He had a pillar full of gages and he was blowing enough smoke to smoke all of Dickeys briskets!!! We did a 20mph or so rolling start, and to my suprise, I smoked the heck out of him. He was blowing clouds as we went down the road, and mine blew none! And he looked to have much more done to his truck, it was a standard, but I dont think that shouldev mattered? Just FYI, and to scare you!!!LOL

Anyway, I talked to Blake recently and he has some new found ideas for my truck as well as his. He is currently in Diesel school, and seems to have learned a bunch, but everything he reccomends is either radical, or expensive! But he has told me to buy a stock turbo on here, and he knows of a mod to do to it, where the inlet size stays the same, but the outlet is like a 62 or 66 or something. another fyi.

Anyway, good to hear from you man, I still want to meet you at the track someday to see whatcha got, and to see if my stocker tranny can put a hurtin on ya!!!! It seems to be pretty fast for having a stocker tranny and I havent had any problems with it and I have 92k miles!~ Go figure

I guess Im just lucky either that or my time is about up!!LOL
You are lucky to be at your mod level and have a stock tranny!!

Probably on an 04, the Smarty would rock!! The bullydog isn't very great on 03-04 trucks. The 04.5 trucks seem to get along better with the Bullydog.

and your race....well it takes a 100 extra hp from a six speed to keep up with a similarly equipped auto...plus his 37's....so he would have to have probably around 150hp more than you to beat you in a race! and buddy i'm not skeered AT ALL!!!!!

out is a 62 or so? yea yea....sorry bud i already have a Super Phat Shaft 62/14 from Industrial Injection in my truck right now! and when i outgrow it, i'll mail it back to Industrial to have it turned into a SPS 66.

Keep us posted on your mod decisions.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:49 PM

Hey now, I was just joking with you, dont take it seriously! I pretty much know that your turck will easily beat mine! And I was just telliing you a story of my first diesel race, or dodge diesel race. But that makes sense, the 150hp extra part. I can see how the standard tranny looses time.

So you think the Smarty would rock huh? I dont doubt that it will, but do you think with the mods I have turned all the way up, and maybe the smarty minus the Bdpp would hurt my tranny even once I modded it?? It seems that I read that a bunch of guys on here blew up there full DTT trannies with that?? Or just built up trannies?

Plus about the turbo comment, I was just telling you about a mod that Blake told me about and I was trying to ask you what you thought about it, but it came off wrong like I was bragging about getting it and beating you. What do you think of that idea, as it will save some flow$$??

.......But .....I still aint scared either!!! LOL!!! Bring it on!
Old 02-14-2007, 03:52 PM

BTW, do you have a Smarty, or know of one I could try out? Actually I better not with my stock tranny huh?
Old 02-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Banned

Hey now, I was just joking with you, dont take it seriously! I pretty much know that your turck will easily beat mine! And I was just telliing you a story of my first diesel race, or dodge diesel race. But that makes sense, the 150hp extra part. I can see how the standard tranny looses time.

So you think the Smarty would rock huh? I dont doubt that it will, but do you think with the mods I have turned all the way up, and maybe the smarty minus the Bdpp would hurt my tranny even once I modded it?? It seems that I read that a bunch of guys on here blew up there full DTT trannies with that?? Or just built up trannies?

Plus about the turbo comment, I was just telling you about a mod that Blake told me about and I was trying to ask you what you thought about it, but it came off wrong like I was bragging about getting it and beating you. What do you think of that idea, as it will save some flow$$??

.......But .....I still aint scared either!!! LOL!!! Bring it on!
I'm just messin with you too, i ain't serious. Good kill btw....its always fun to blow someone away!!!

Smarty/Quadzilla stack is a good one. over 500hp with the supporting tranny and fuel system.

I've never heard a DTT that a smarty tore up. I've tried too! Smarty on 9 stacked with an MP8...yea been there done that. No effect on the tranny.

about the turbo...i don't like the idea. It may work...but for how long? I'd rather buy a turbo from Industrial Injection or HTT....but thats just me.

BTW, do you have a Smarty, or know of one I could try out? Actually I better not with my stock tranny huh?
yea sure do. whenever i meet you someday, i'll bring one with me. stock tranny can handle the stock torque management tune...the smarty i have access to has the modified torque management in it. don't turn it above level 4 or 5 and you should be OK...just don't hot rod it.

Also, March 10...in Buda...dyno event. come on down!!
Old 02-14-2007, 04:28 PM

Where is Buda?

And...What kind of tranny mods do you think I need to run:

Quad race
Smarty
GDP-392
and possibly a turbo upgrade later?

Im guessing James Wortham would know, but what do you think?

About the turbo mods, I think Blake was just telling me about a kit he saw where you can modify your stocker for cheap, but I see what your sayin.
Im just trying to keep costs down as Im not as serious as you guys, but love to hual ****!

And your sure the Smarty will not blow up my tranny once I mod it?
Old 02-14-2007, 04:30 PM

BTW, Blake does run a stock turbo, I dont know why, but I think he said cause it spools quicker, just doesnt make sense. He did tell me he picked up the biggest turbo he's ever seen, he told me it would not fit in a 5gal bucket. Thats all I know. I just dont see how he could use it, and if he did he would have more lag than ever known??
Old 02-14-2007, 04:38 PM
Banned

Where is Buda?

And...What kind of tranny mods do you think I need to run:

Quad race
Smarty
GDP-392
and possibly a turbo upgrade later?

Im guessing James Wortham would know, but what do you think?

About the turbo mods, I think Blake was just telling me about a kit he saw where you can modify your stocker for cheap, but I see what your sayin.
Im just trying to keep costs down as Im not as serious as you guys, but love to hual ****!

And your sure the Smarty will not blow up my tranny once I mod it?
Buda is in-between Austin and San Antonio on I-35.

tranny mods...yes James Northum is the man on that issue but heres my guess...

TC Converter/Valve Body with some billet internals. If you want to do boosted launches, get billet shifts. If you plan to be over 500hp and going through the gears under WOT, get a flex plate too.

that turbo mod may be cost effective but i don't see it holding near 600hp like my turbo is capable of....but yes i know my turbo costs ALOT more.

BTW, Blake does run a stock turbo, I dont know why, but I think he said cause it spools quicker, just doesnt make sense. He did tell me he picked up the biggest turbo he's ever seen, he told me it would not fit in a 5gal bucket. Thats all I know. I just dont see how he could use it, and if he did he would have more lag than ever known??
He runs a stock turbo on that truck? ha...and someone said he run's 12's?!...HA! stock turbos do spool faster.....you can off set the slow spool on a 3rd gen with a low-end fueling programmer....hard to do that on a 2nd gen. Smarty is the only option on 2nd gen's pretty much.

oh yea theres some huge turbos out there...search this site and you will be shocked!
Old 02-14-2007, 04:45 PM

No, as you know he puts wierd stuff on his truck. I think he got it off of an 18 wheeler or something of the sort.

And yes, he might run 12's he has nitros and propane, injectors, and such. He might have had a bigger turbo at some time, but I know he doesnt have one now.

So if I plan on being above 500hp or so... and with the tranny you mentioned, what would be your guess on the $$amount?

Also how far would you say Buda is from Dallas? Is it doable, or should I try and catch one closer when you go?
Old 02-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Banned

No, as you know he puts wierd stuff on his truck. I think he got it off of an 18 wheeler or something of the sort.

And yes, he might run 12's he has nitros and propane, injectors, and such. He might have had a bigger turbo at some time, but I know he doesnt have one now.

So if I plan on being above 500hp or so... and with the tranny you mentioned, what would be your guess on the $$amount?

Also how far would you say Buda is from Dallas? Is it doable, or should I try and catch one closer when you go?
tranny amount...can't really say. prices are always changing. call 972-467-3702...he can tell ya.

its 210 miles from Dallas to Buda.....

Dallas is 75 miles from Emory....theres another dyno there. Not sure when or even if i am going to that place...but its a possibility in the future.

Just for a one day thing, 210 miles is a bit far.