3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

what is the difference between ts performance shift enhancer and DTT shift enhaser?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what is the difference between ts performance shift enhancer and DTT shift enhaser?

Hello, I own an 05 ram with the smaty beta 4.4 and my trans has the 1-2-1 and 2-3-2 shift going on due to less throttle position and more torque. I have no TV adjustment other than the TV force motor of which I cannot adjust manually. I was wondering what is the differences of these two modules. Both have a 3 position switch and both change something dealing with the Throttle valve force motor on 05 and up trucks that are drive by wire and have no manual throttle valve adjustment.

thanks,,
Old 04-07-2008, 08:34 PM

How about throwing the Goerend shift enhancer into the mix to compare also?
Old 04-07-2008, 08:40 PM

I think Goerend uses the DTT unit.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:05 PM

I have an 05 which does that shifting problem. I'm enticed to find out what these things do to fix that?
Old 04-07-2008, 09:27 PM

I am getting one of the TS shift enhancers for my dads 07. His does the 2-3-2 hunting and i'll let you know how this does on it. We did a trans go valve body in it and it has done the 2-3-2 since then so I hope this fixes it. I put a trans go in my 05 and haven't had any problem bot the 06 and 07's seem to be more tempermental.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:49 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MoparRiggan
Hello, I own an 05 ram with the smaty beta 4.4 and my trans has the 1-2-1 and 2-3-2 shift going on due to less throttle position and more torque. I have no TV adjustment other than the TV force motor of which I cannot adjust manually. I was wondering what is the differences of these two modules. Both have a 3 position switch and both change something dealing with the Throttle valve force motor on 05 and up trucks that are drive by wire and have no manual throttle valve adjustment.

thanks,,
They are essentially both the same thing, made to address the 1-2 shift hunt under light throttle.

The 2-3 shift hunt is usually another problem that requries some hard parts and dissassembly to fix. Some times you get lucky and it will cover it up but it doesn't fix the problem.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:25 AM

Try the TS Performance box first... If it doesn't work for you, send it back. But it has 3 separate settings on it, and 1 of them is probably going to do the trick. It has a nice looking dial (looks like MP-8) that goes in the dash or hidden somewhere if you want.

For the price it can't be beat, and each setting progressively shifts later on the 1-2 and 2-3... I love mine. I am still telling people how much I love it. That and I think its considerably cheaper than the DTT unit which has to be programmed and is set at whatever its programmed at. You can't change it on the fly.

With the TS unit, when I change Smarty Programs (moderate torque mangament, to 4.2beta, back and forth) I can just flip the dial to 2 or 3 depending what software I'm running and it shift like a champ.

Call Chris at TNT and get one.. You won't be sorry!
Old 04-08-2008, 01:50 AM

That and I think its considerably cheaper than the DTT unit which has to be programmed and is set at whatever its programmed at. You can't change it on the fly.

No offense, but untrue statements!

-- 1. I didnt pay $329 for my DTT unit
-- 2. It can be programmed (my trans installer has the tool) to your requirements / specification w/o sending back to the factory....takes about 30 seconds....
-- You can change between Daily, Tow and Race....on the fly.

Mine solved my 1-2-1 problem, and helped the 2-3-2 problem, but didnt eliminate it...i'd like to know how the TS Unit works...does it do anything different than the DTT Unit....I'm guessing they operate under the same principal....

Also White97...can you switch between Mild and Wild with the same results?....Moderate and Beta 4.4 are very similiar tq mgmt levels.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:45 AM
Banned

I would like to know the differences, if any, between the two units.

We know the DTT increases line pressure. Does the TS unit also increase line pressure?
Old 04-08-2008, 12:44 PM

They both hook up to the same place on the tranny, both have 3 settings, I would say they are 6 one, half dozen the other. I have the DTT one and it definetly makes the tranny shift harder under light throttle. Dave or the guys at Triple D performance can fix you up with a DTT one for a lot less than $345 that the TS goes for.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:35 PM

i have the dtt shift enhancer and the gear hunt goes away in race mode, but i dont like how it shifts in race for DD... tow haul solves the problem when im driving in the 2-3-2 range...
Old 04-08-2008, 04:39 PM

this is going to be be dumb question, can the ts shift enhancer be used at the same time as your performance box and not create any issues
Old 04-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by White97GTVert
That and I think its considerably cheaper than the DTT unit which has to be programmed and is set at whatever its programmed at. You can't change it on the fly.
Little bit of misinformation there.

1. I have the DTT piece and paid almost $100 less than TS's listed price.

2. DTT's box is on the fly switchable for 3 levels

3. The DTT box can be programmed for your specific trans build and use but can also be used out of the box with stock settings.

There is so little difference between them that it is hard to tell which one is the better deal.

Originally Posted by jrussell
We know the DTT increases line pressure. Does the TS unit also increase line pressure?
The DTT piece does not increase line pressure, none of them do. The only way to increase line pressure is change springs on the PR valve.

Both boxes modify the sigal sent to the TV motor that controls the TV pressure. The stock program that controls the TV pressure is designed to run off the APPS position and when you remove TQ management you remove APPS signal which fouls up the shifting due to low TV pressure. The units tell the TV motor to set more pressure and fool the ECU into thinking the readings are within its parameters.

Think of it this way, DTT and TS have given us back an adustable TV pressure like the cable that used to be there.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by roc155
this is going to be be dumb question, can the ts shift enhancer be used at the same time as your performance box and not create any issues
That would be a BIG 10-4. With the shift enhanser and a shift kit Smarty Wild on #9 is smooth in traffic and eliminates all of the shuttle shift problems associated with low throttle operation.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:45 PM

clear driver thanks

Quick Reply: what is the difference between ts performance shift enhancer and DTT shift enhaser?