3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
View Poll Results: What color tool box looks best in this Molten Red truck?
Black Diamond Plate
62.50%
Shiny "polished" Diamond Plate
37.50%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

What color tool box in my truck?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 07:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have a bright and shiny UWS low profile on mine. I like the 'bling' factor.

MikeyB
Old 12-05-2007, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Name:  IMG_0461.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  85.5 KB
Old 12-05-2007, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by ohyeahfriday
Well, I am getting a tool box for the truck for Christmas and need to decide on a color. I am leaning more towards a black one, because of the dark colored truck and line-X. I figure the black box would "blend" more smoothly with the bed, but then the truck has the silver lower strip and the full chrome frontend(grill/bumper/bugshield)
It seems to me that the black boxes would get mighty hot in the summer time though, anybody experienced any problems with this? I keep mostly tools, strap, chain, stuff that wouldn't be damaged, but then I also keep my PS and 2 stroke jugs in there.

Here's the truck in question:

nice truck, Id def. go black, but what size tires are those 315/70
Old 12-05-2007, 01:20 PM

Thanks, yeah they are 315's.

I was leaning towards the black when I posted the poll, and you fellas confirmed it 26 to 7 so far. Seems like the best option, because down the road I can see some other items getting blacked out to suit... Looks like I need to start shopping now, seems like UWS is popular, what else have yall had good/bad experiences with?

BTW, thanks for all the responses
Old 12-05-2007, 03:08 PM

I wouldn't actually recommend the Tractor Supply boxes....
Old 12-05-2007, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by ohyeahfriday
Thanks, yeah they are 315's.

I was leaning towards the black when I posted the poll, and you fellas confirmed it 26 to 7 so far. Seems like the best option, because down the road I can see some other items getting blacked out to suit... Looks like I need to start shopping now, seems like UWS is popular, what else have yall had good/bad experiences with?

BTW, thanks for all the responses

I had great luck with a DEE ZEE box on my old truck, thing held up very well with no problems over the 10 yrs I had it. Heard they might be going out of buisness, if true, you might still be able to find one somewhere.

Yeah I guess black would look good too....
Old 12-05-2007, 05:59 PM

Personally I would go with the polished Al over black for two reasons. You have silver two tone paint and chrome accents that the polished Al will match. The black definitely gets hotter. If you had a sport model, I would tell you black would look best. I work for Thule/UWS Truck Accessories. Take a look at the website and you will see they have a lot to offer. www.uwsta.com
Old 12-05-2007, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by AlCorr
how does that mount up to keep it from sliding out when you hammer on it?
Old 12-05-2007, 06:38 PM

uws is good but if you are looking to spend some money I would get a Weatherguard they are by far the best box made The main thing to look for is the push button latches you dont want the pull out latches if you are gonna work the box.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:02 PM

I don't want to get into site violation territory here. I'm not trying to sell anything, just want to make sure you have the facts. There is no doubt Weatherguard makes a great truck box. UWS offers 3 different latch systems to suit everybody, including a push button latch with a auto-opening lid, a new Secure Lock latch system, and the standard pull latches. There are several features UWS has that the others don't and vice versa. Take your time and look at what is available to you and the features that each offer.

Shell006 - I agree with you 100%. If you are going to be working the box, the push button system is a necessity.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:09 PM

I definitely prefer the push button style, my old one was a pull handle. I just looked around the UWS site, going to look into some others now...

Almost doesn't look like Weatherguard has single lid boxes, am I just not finding them yet?!
Old 12-05-2007, 07:14 PM

PM me if you have any questions about UWS. Good luck in your search!
Old 12-05-2007, 07:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
O friday look here http://www.weatherguard.com/truck_to...t_selector.php
Old 12-05-2007, 07:44 PM

Black weatherguard!
[IMG][/IMG]

this is the old aluminum one.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-06-2007, 09:43 PM

I have to agree with djbikeman on this one... An aluminum box will help tie your truck together.. You have chrome, grill, bumpers, steps, door guard... If you look at your picture you have chrome: front, rear, and lower... but you have no chrome on the upper part of the truck to tie it all together (basically the reason that bed rails are usually chrome).

Also just my opinion, but aluminum is more "timeless" and not as much a "trend"... Everyone has thier own opinions on this kind of stuff. If you can, stop by a truck outfitter and see if they will set each box on your truck and you will get a much better idea...

Quick Reply: What color tool box in my truck?!