3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

What to buy first and general consensus on make?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine has Line-X and I love it. Bought Husky liners for the floors and absolutely love them, they fit like a glove.

Be sure and post about your choice of side steps. I'm going to buy some too and want to hear how your experience went.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well had the side steps narrowed down to stainless steel nerf steps by N-Fab and Westin. N-Fab are about $450 a set wheel to wheel and the Westins are about the same for Platinum series stainless steel with black powder coat.

I went with the Westins in the end....why? Cuz I got them on Ebay for $299 and could not find a single set of N-Fabs on there. Now I am sure some wise-acre will find them and **** me off but they should be here tomorrow.

Line-X is going in bed and on bed rails next week....$450 out the door.

Next is mudflaps and drop down hitch since my one from jeep sits a bit high for the trailer now.

Air intake system...whichever is the green filter one advertised around here with powdercoated steel enclosure....any comments on it as far as ease of install and function?

Gauges are next I decided.....likely overhead unless it is true the SRT10 A-pillar goes below the handle and does not cause you to remove it. Looking at the ISSPRO white face for boost, EGT and Tranny Temp only...so hopefully one of the places has it all as a kit for my dumb and non-mechanical $##.

This summer will be 285s with Bushwhacker OE flares.....and that will have to do me for a bit cuz then I will be sending my inner and outer primaries on my bike out for chroming and got to take care of her as well...LOL