3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Wet Okole Seat Cover Long Term Update

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 04:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wet Okole Seat Cover Long Term Update

Hey guys, I have been doing a full interior detail of my truck all day today. I thought I'd post a little progress report on the wet okole seat covers for those that have them and those that may be considering buying them. The truck is an 04, and is about to come up on it's 3rd birthday in a few weeks. It has 80kk miles, and sees a good amount of dirt from ATV events, driving with the windows down a lot, and general use. I've had my wet okole covers on since the truck was new, I put them on the first week I had the truck, after many coats of Pinnacle leather conditioner. This is the first time I took them completely off and cleaned them. I just wanted to post this as a little testament to how well they protect your seats. The seat covers themselves show very little if any wear also Sorry there is a shadow on the driver's seat but it looks just like the passenger seat..

Old 09-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice. I've been debating those for a while. Just not sure how they'd look on my tan interior. How's the seat cover's themselves holding up?
Old 09-16-2006, 04:10 PM

Fantastic, i just got mine a couple weeks ago and i love them.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:34 PM

Bigblue - The seat covers themselves are holding up very well. If you look in the 3rd gen non-drivetrain section of this site, I just posted another thread regarding today's interior detail project - carpet cleaning. I used a similar process for my wet okoles, and got similar results...only with the seat covers i used no pretreat/spot cleaner, just used the wet okole seat/neoprene shampoo in a bucket of water with a brush, and then used the hot steam extractor to rinse and extract the solution. They are out hanging to dry along with the carpet right now, but they look night and day better.They have very little wear after 3 years of hard use.

Here's a pic of the water that came out of the seat covers and carpet!
Old 09-16-2006, 04:46 PM
Banned

Yup. Know that very well. You should see what my cloth seats come out looking like every time I steam clean them. Pretty scary actually.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:17 PM

Who has the best price on these seat covers
Old 09-17-2006, 10:26 PM

Where can we find a set of these seat covers I keep hearing so many good things about? Do they make different colors to match certin interiors?

My cheezy little seat cover isn't quite protecting my cloth like I would like it to.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:57 AM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
I also took mine off earlier in the year to clean them. They were quite dirty and I waited to long this time (this time heck everytime)to clean them or maybe it was the stuff that was on them. Dirt, oil, pine tree sap etc. My seats get trashed which is why I put the covers on to begin within a few months of buying the truck. They now have 185k on them and dont look so good. Stained and showing wear in places. However my seats underneath look good as new. They were/are worth every penny and am considering getting another set just so they look great again but then again they are still protecting my seats so why spend the money on new ones that are just going to get trashed, these still have plenty of wear left in them. It is amazing what they have dealt with and my stock seats still look new.

They have tons of styles and colors to choose from. Not sure but the only place I know of to get them is direct. They will send you samples of fabric colors no charge. http://wetokole.net/page/WOH/CTGY/DODGE
Old 09-18-2006, 03:55 PM

BarryG - not sure how you cleaned them but I have to say this hot water extractor really took it to another level for me, compared to just washing the surface of them with the wetsuit shampoo. 185k is a good amount of use, especially hard use, for any seats to last!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:58 AM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Yes as I was reading your post I thought about taking them out again and doing it the way you did. We actually have a bissel carpet cleaner that we used to use in a rental house we had. It hasnt seen the light of day since we sold the rental. Actually never even thought to use it. When I cleaned them I took them out used the shampoo and a brush and hosed them off. The few times I have done it I am amazed at how much dirt those things can hold(even more so how much dirt/crap did not get into my seats). You have inspired me, I think I will pull that bissel out and use the furniture attachment on them with some hot water and see what happens.