3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

well gauges installed here was my experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well gauges installed here was my experience

well I finally got them in, I took everyones advice and made my first mod gauges. Fist off wow, it was a job, I was real careful as I did not want to screw up my first new truck ever.

I ordered the 3 gauge kit and opted for the console gauge pod. It said 2003 and up, I wanted to keep the grab handle mainly. Well everything arrived as planned kit had everything, except the pod would not work they changed the console on the 06s. So I had to wait to get it switched.

The highlights of my install were the amplifier box mounting, and tranny gauge sender.

I had to remove most, well all of my dash to find wires for power and dimmer. I hate just blindly poking with the test light. I have had some corrosion before in a wire from that, plus these are some small wires. I was extremely worried looking at all my dash stuff on the workbench that something would be broken or scratched.

Well when I got the knee panel off under the steering wheel, I saw the metal panel came off also. I took that off and mounted the boxes with velcro right there. I made a nice clean place to get them out of the way and tie up some extra wire.

The tranny sender was a puzzle. I wanted a good reading so the contraversy, hot line, pan, port had me spinning. I ended up calling a local muffler brake place that made lines. They do AC lines, brake, fuel everything but high pressure hydraulic. I took the line off, and down to them he looked at it, walked away, and 15 minutes later I had a 1/2 inch tee in it with profesional high quality compression fittings. It looks factory and cost me 13 dollars. Sorry the panic of drilling, and ripping apart my new truck caused me not take any pictures of these. I can if anyone wants them.

I am still not impressed with the fit of the gauge works 3 pod for the a-pillar on the 06. It looks like its missing some at the dash.

Thanks for all the help to all of ya!!!!