3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Weird Slow Turn Signal, Smarty Related???

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Weird Slow Turn Signal, Smarty Related???

This is a very strange problem that I have run into. My blinker light every so often slows right down to very slow??? I remove any Smarty programs and revert back to stock and it goes back to normal blinking speed. I put the Smarty back in and all is well again. I'm stumped???
Old 07-14-2008, 01:25 PM

dont think the Smarty is affecting that, sorry
Old 07-14-2008, 02:26 PM

I don't believe that's the issue either as the Smarty on all my trucks have never, ever caused any issues??? That's why this is so hard to figure out!!
Old 07-15-2008, 10:07 AM

I have noticed this problem as well, but the only when I adjust the settings on revo not sw#. The blinkers are fine the next day in my case. I have also noticed the radio setting and the clock will reset themselves periodically without me ever plugging the smarty in to change any settings.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:09 AM

my gas gauge usually will show what the amount in the tank is when you turn it to start.. when the pump clicks off it should read full and it doesn- reads 3/4 tank. which is weird, cause i never had that problem till i loaded the newer beta 4 for the jr.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:51 AM

Yes, very strange??? Maybe it is Smarty related???
Old 07-16-2008, 10:30 AM

I have a blinker problem as well. The actual blinker flash is a tad slower than what shows on the dash.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:34 PM

i had the problem with the blinkers when i used my superchips,it would go away after awhile,but never had it with the smarty
Old 07-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
You guys need to read this thread, my gut feeling is that your problem is more likely here than with the Smarty.https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=208543
Old 07-16-2008, 02:37 PM

I've personally read that whole post awhile back since my truck was doing the slow blinker thing. Bob knows about this, because I had the same problem when I loaded my smarty and would adjust tire size. It only happened when I would adjust my tire size if i would put them back to stock it would be fine and I could run smarty with no known problems, but it did suck not being able to adjust speedo when that was one of the reasons I bought it. WYOCAT was with me everytime we tried it. So I took it to the dealer and they told me about the problem in the other thread and "fixed" it just to have it mess up when I loaded smarty and adjusted my tire size. This was with a smarty jr, not smarty sr and with original programming for jr. I didn't have any other problems with the programming it ran great on my truck while I had it, but slowed the blinkers with the tire size adjustment. I don't know if they figured the problem out or not or if it's even smarty related alls I know is what happened to me.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
You guys need to read this thread, my gut feeling is that your problem is more likely here than with the Smarty.https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=208543
Thanks Lary.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by WYODSL
I've personally read that whole post awhile back since my truck was doing the slow blinker thing. Bob knows about this, because I had the same problem when I loaded my smarty and would adjust tire size. It only happened when I would adjust my tire size if i would put them back to stock it would be fine and I could run smarty with no known problems, but it did suck not being able to adjust speedo when that was one of the reasons I bought it. WYOCAT was with me everytime we tried it. So I took it to the dealer and they told me about the problem in the other thread and "fixed" it just to have it mess up when I loaded smarty and adjusted my tire size. This was with a smarty jr, not smarty sr and with original programming for jr. I didn't have any other problems with the programming it ran great on my truck while I had it, but slowed the blinkers with the tire size adjustment. I don't know if they figured the problem out or not or if it's even smarty related alls I know is what happened to me.

That's the exact same issues!! When adjusting to my 37's, it slows the blinker down....
Old 07-16-2008, 10:44 PM

My turn signals do this all the time as well, but only when I apply the left signal. My dealer said that my truck is 2k miles past warranty and that I would have to pay for them to check it out. I think I will be aware of where and when I am turning and just wait until there is a recall on it.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by ducktape
I have a blinker problem as well. The actual blinker flash is a tad slower than what shows on the dash.
The flasher for the lights is separate from the flasher from the indicators in the '03. IIRC the flasher relay for the lights is in the fuse box. Mine did this waaaay before I started modding the truck. Definitely not Smarty related...
Old 11-13-2008, 02:24 PM

Put on my winter tires (35's) and changed the tire size with my Smarty, got to slow signal light again??? What in the world is going on????

Quick Reply: Weird Slow Turn Signal, Smarty Related???