3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Water Meth Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water Meth Questions

Found this kit on eBay and just wanted the boards opinion. I don't need anything too crazy, but a little additional cooling would be nice. I don't want all the Powerstroke and Duramax guys to think that I ran out of power when towing across the mountains and I have to start feathering the throttle because of EGT's.

Also they have different nozzel sizes from 60cc to 1000cc, any recomendations on what size I should get? Mods are listed below, and I really don't think I will be over 400hp in the future.

Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA:IT&ih=013
Old 11-12-2007, 05:54 PM

It looks like a good kit, very similar to the one I have, but I don't like that you cant adjust the amount of spray on the fly with a controller. Check out the Devilsown kit, I have been very happy with it.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:37 PM

I just got the snow stage 3 kit with the digital controller and it is awesome!! The controller is really nice and you can easily adjust settings for towing, racing, or just daily driving. It can also run straight water, which adds about 40 hp, or 94 cent walmart washer fluid which adds about 50-55 hp or snows actual 50/50 mix which is supposed to add over 70. The power gain is definately noticeable and it cools the egts like crazy
Old 11-12-2007, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rob C
It looks like a good kit, very similar to the one I have, but I don't like that you cant adjust the amount of spray on the fly with a controller. Check out the Devilsown kit, I have been very happy with it.

X2 I'm running the Devilsown and its a good kit for the money.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:51 PM

How do you make sure you do not blow up your motor with this stuff? I am very interested in it but keep reading threads where it supposedly is dangerous, will blow up your motor if you cross that fine line, etc. How do you know exactly what isnt too much for your motor?
Old 11-12-2007, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by barryp
How do you make sure you do not blow up your motor with this stuff? I am very interested in it but keep reading threads where it supposedly is dangerous, will blow up your motor if you cross that fine line, etc. How do you know exactly what isnt too much for your motor?

I would like to be schooled as well. I always thought water in a diesel combustion chamber was bad news. My biggest worry would be if it didn't atomize properly and droplets actually got in. Maybe I am wrong here

I picked this kit because it is cheap, and I thought if I just run a smaller nozzel I would be ok. If I got any cooling out of it I would be happy, I don't run super hot now for the most part, but towing heavy in the mountains she will rise.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:31 PM

I'm no expert by any means, but, main thing is to keep your mix below 50/50. I run a 50/50 mix I make myself when racing or on the dyno and a 25/75 mix the rest of the time. The only problem I have ran into is timing rattle on the higher TST settings with the 50/50. Also, make sure you let the motor run for a few minutes after using it to avoid rust. AS far as jets go start off with two small ones and work your way up until you find a combo that will cool things off but not quench the fire. You will know when you get too much
Old 11-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Banned

keep the nozzles small if for towing I have dual 625 nozzles and I have it set up for racing and will use a gallon real quick but my egts are cooled 300* I have tried alot of different mixes but not on the dyno and more than a 50/50 mix you dont get much more power and you get less cooling.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:22 PM

I like the snow kit because it seems pretty safe and regulates pretty good. I haven't run a 50/50 mix yet. I just run the 25/75 walmart washer fluid for regular driving and towing
Old 11-12-2007, 11:08 PM

Now when you guys say 25/75, are you meaning 25% meth and 75% water or vice versa?
Old 11-13-2007, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by B.Law
Now when you guys say 25/75, are you meaning 25% meth and 75% water or vice versa?

Yeah, 25% meth. If you order the Devilsown kit make sure they send you the jets that go in from the outside. If they don't have any yet just order a couple from Snow or CM.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:24 AM

Does anybody know if you can order just the digital controller for the snow stage 3 kit. I have the other one but i like the digital contoller better.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Pre-combustion chamber water injection is beneficial to diesels, although it has been known to compromise the HG.

It's latent heat has a small charge cooling effect, and it's presence in the cylinder dampens the initial phase of combustion - helping to prevent detonation and pre-ignition (in the case of fuel additives such as methanol) - and catalyzes the latter, more powerful stages of combustion in which CO + hydroxyl radicals = CO2 & H2O

Of course, there is some benefit from the water's phase-change expansion as well.

Water does a great job of removing carbon deposits in the head!
Old 11-13-2007, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by XLR8R
Pre-combustion chamber water injection is beneficial to diesels, although it has been known to compromise the HG.

I like the way you stated that
Old 11-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dodgecowboy04.5
Does anybody know if you can order just the digital controller for the snow stage 3 kit. I have the other one but i like the digital contoller better.
Yes you can that is the only difference between stage 2 and 3 is the controller.

Quick Reply: Water Meth Questions