3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Warranty voiding crap

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty voiding crap

Fellas, let me tell you somethin' ........... on all this warranty voiding stuff
I'm assuming you're taking your trucks to the dealer where you bought it..I know sometimes that may not be the case. If you go to your dealer & they start that line of BS remind them where YOU PURCHASED the truck & would they like some RETURN business. I know if they're a big dealer they'll laugh in your face, but thats A VERY GOOD REASON TO GO TO A SMALL TOWN DEALER.

I have purchased 4 vehicles for my wife & I, all at the same dealer. Either they "Play ball" or I DON'T DEAL.....It's that simple. Everyone there knows me
and I know them. We've all been here a long time. When I started modding out the Cummins we had a little "Come to Jesus" meeting, up front. Now, if I wanna do something, I do it. I don't dog the truck or race it and they know that. If I do & break something its a good bet it will show that its been raced or abused & they'll probably quit thier "Good behavior" & go back to the "Company line: It'll void the warranty"

Develope a good repetoire with your dealer. I guess maybe I'm just lucky or in
a good area......... I don't know. I had a good ol' Pop who I learned a lot from.
He was once buying quite a bit of lumber for the place & the yardman said,"Mr. XOXO, we have a no sorting policy on the lumber." He promptly replied," I don't buy anything I don't want." We got in the truck and went to the OTHER lumberyard across town..........
Old 04-09-2006, 06:42 PM

so what are you sayin?
Old 04-09-2006, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by judge88
so what are you sayin?
The dealer will steamroll you & give you smoke & mirrors if you let him. Don't buy into all that voided warranty stuff......
Old 04-09-2006, 07:17 PM

Until the dealership gets audited by DC and gets a huge chargeback. The thousand or so dollars they make selling you a truck becomes a distant memory when they pay the chargeback. Ever seen a dealership loose its franchaise? The car carriers come and start loading cars.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by rammtuff
Ever seen a dealership loose its franchaise? The car carriers come and start loading cars.
That will be THIER problem.....
Old 04-09-2006, 11:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MR. Koogala,

Well Said agree 100 percent!!!!!!!!!!!!
The dealer I go to told me at first they didn't like owners modding their truck, But then they realized That the owners of modded trucks weren't coming in with low power, poor economy complaints. IF asked by DC,they told me they wont lie and say a truck is stock if it isn't. But up until 1 week ago when I got my new ride, the service manager told me to date 0 warrinty refusals!!
(I never took my TST off)
Old 04-10-2006, 05:34 AM

Aha......... There ARE other dealers who "TALK TURKEY"...........thought so
Old 04-10-2006, 06:15 AM

i just want to add something to what koogala was saying about racing and ******* it. i know not everybody that has had problems with there truck after moding it was ******* it, but there is a good bunch that i bet were. i've seen to many people around here with moded trucks and they are driving the mess out of them all the time i could be wrong but i feel that alot of the problems are caused by how you take care of it. if you beat on it all the time there are gonna be things break, everything in moderation. and believe me koogala is right the dealer can tell how the truck has been treated. come in with one dogged out and they are gonna start questioning it. just my two cents
Old 04-10-2006, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by koogala
That will be THIER problem.....
Hence why they deny warranty coverage. Which becomes YOUR problem....
Old 04-10-2006, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by rammtuff
Hence why they deny warranty coverage. Which becomes YOUR problem....
COMING FROM A 20+ YEAR DEALER EMPLOYEE.....PERFECTLY SAID.
IM NOT GOING TO BE AUDITED, OR HAVE MY FLOOR PLAN PULLED OVER A 450.00 EDGE EZ......
Old 04-10-2006, 11:11 AM

Yerah 2500Whiteram but I bet if your truck breaks it don't come out of yor pocket?? My dealer voided my warranty because my u joints are out and I had the edge juice on my truck. I have 38000 miles on my truck and probably only 250 in 4x4. So your aying my edge juice made my u joints go out. Some dealers I just don't like to deal with and I will never go back to a dealer that I have bought back to back 2004 and 2005 pickups from and they void my warranty over u joints.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Kman9090
Yerah 2500Whiteram but I bet if your truck breaks it don't come out of yor pocket?? My dealer voided my warranty because my u joints are out and I had the edge juice on my truck. I have 38000 miles on my truck and probably only 250 in 4x4. So your aying my edge juice made my u joints go out. Some dealers I just don't like to deal with and I will never go back to a dealer that I have bought back to back 2004 and 2005 pickups from and they void my warranty over u joints.
YOUR WAY OFF BASE. I PAY FOR ALL THE PARTS AND DO IT MYSELF. GRANTED, I PAY COST ON PARTS, BUT LABOR IS MY OWN TIME (AND SUFFERING...LOL)
MY DM HAS SEEN MY TRUCK, IN AND OUT. IF A CLAIM WENT THROUGH WITH MY NAME AND VIN, THERES A 10% CHANCE HE MAY PICK UP ON IT. I DONT LIKE THOSE ODDS, SO I DONT CHANCE IT. ITS A PHILOSOPHY I ADOPTER 20 YEARS AGO, AND HAS KEPT ME EMPLOYED, AND SOUGHT AFTER, BY DC DEALERSHIPS MY ENTIRE CAREER
Old 04-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Kman9090
. So your aying my edge juice made my u joints go out. Some dealers I just don't like to deal with and I will never go back to a dealer that I have bought back to back 2004 and 2005 pickups from and they void my warranty over u joints.

Is there some part of this that doesn't seem clear?

WARRANTY ACTION
D-00-16
Installing Aftermarket Engine Performance Enhancing
Modification Packages Or Components

Date: October, 2000

Involved Vehicles: All

Discussion:

This bulletin is intended to clarify DaimlerChrysler Motors Corporation's warranty coverage policy on vehicles equipped with after-market engine performance enhancing modification packages or components. Although this applies to all vehicles, Dodge Ram Pickup trucks equipped with the Cummins diesel engine are particularly susceptible to performance enhancing kits.

Section 3.7 of the Dodge Ram Pickup warranty Information booklet states "Your warranties don't cover the costs of repairing damage or conditions caused by . . . any changes made to your truck that don't comply with DaimlerChrysler Motors Corporation or DaimlerChrysler Corporation specifications." This section also states that warranties do not cover "tampering with the emission systems, or with a part that could affect the emission systems".

Unless certified, engine performance modification components violate both statements under the warranty terms. Therefore, prior to beginning repairs to any vehicle equipped, or suspected of being equipped with a performance enhancing modification, it is important to determine whether the needed repairs are a direct result of the kit. If so, they are the customer's responsibility. Keep in mind that the performance modifications may cause damage to non-engine components, such as transmissions, axles, electrical components, etc. Claims submitted for repairs not covered by the warranty are subject to chargeback.

Also remember that dealership installation of such modification components or packages at any time, as well as the sale of vehicles modified with such components before delivery, may violate state and/or Federal emission regulations that carry substantial fines.

K.A Murrenus
Senior Manager
Warranty Administration

Old 04-10-2006, 09:28 PM

What Shovel said.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:48 PM

If you run in the aftermarket you may pay the price, which i am willing to risk. I bought my 05 in Aug. last year and installed the juice after about 5000 miles. I already have 40000 miles so my warranty is almost gone anyway. It would already be gone if my truck was an 06. 2005 was the last of the 7/70 powertrain. so another 6 months and no more warranty, so I figure why wait to mod.