3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Walked up on two guys breaking in my truck !!! Viper alarm next I guess ...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walked up on two guys breaking in my truck !!! Viper alarm next I guess ...

Gotta vent I guess ...

Left the gym last night and looked up after exiting the doors to see the cab light is on ... then I see faint shadow of someone ... I start to walk fast towards the truck (had knee surgery and still elarning to walk neverless run again) ... still in disbelief ... get about 10 feet from the truck and a guy ducking down slips around back corner of my truck into car parked get away style next to my truck ... then I see the driver finally in the car sitting gangsta style with seat reclined back ... trying to think of a weapon but the only thing I have is stinky shoes in my gym bag ... they very calmly pull out before I can get to the bed of my truck with a short shovel sitting in there .... all I register is that the vehicle has Mexico license plates ... they pull around the back of the gym into the alley area ... I jump in my truck and proceed to try and catch up ... they get stuck at stop light but by the time I get there they sneak through the intersection and I am stuck at the light behind other cars ... went back and reported to gym to pull survalliance video but I am sure they or the cops will have little interest in this especially with Mexico plates.

Ironically this was the best parking I had ever got at the gym ... second spot and directly under a light ... about 50 feet from entrance of the gym with people walking in and out .

If I had only been able to make it through that stop light I might have made the 10pm news and gave those guys a . 1 in RAM with insurance vs. 2 in Mitsubishi is highly in my favor if it came down to it and who knows what I was capable of with all that adrenaline pumping. But then again, I had little proof of this event (passenger door half open) so it probably would have been me going to jail the way our system works.

I do have to aplogize to all I-10 drivers as I had so much adrenaline flowing and was looking for some to hit ... the two people that cut me off last night on the way home sure got a good round of frustating venting from me

Am kinda mad at my myslef as I should have reacted quicker and walked away from my vehicle and back into the gym or just far enough away to look unsuspecting as had my cell phone in my hand and could have called to get the cops there as they are always very close by. Or , see if someone else would have been willing to block there car in with theirs. Also did not get license plate number or even an exact make/model. It is kinda odd how we react in situations we are unfamiliar with even when we know what we should be doing

My truck and wifes car were broke into only 4 months ago sitting in front of my house. I am very frustrated but also lucky as the first time they just smashed the windows and got one cancelled check book out of the deal and this time I walked up on them as they had just got the door open and they got nodda.

I have never had anyone even try to break into any of my vehicles and have always driven mustangs, vettes, and other nice stuff. I guess these CTD's are in black market demand. Any reasons for this ??? I mean, are they easier to break into than other stock vehicles or just a string of bad luck for me ??? I do have Weld wheels and Nitto tires but that is it ... everything else stock.

Looks like a Viper alarm is in store or let me know if there is something better out there these days. The gym is on the south sid eof Phoenix right next to I-10 so it is an easy escape to Mexico or where ever and my house is on the other side of Phoenix next to a highway with a direct shot into Mexico also so this might not be last time this happens to me.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:16 PM

At the dealership in Tucson, they install alarms on all of the trucks as soon as they get in. I was talking to Finance guy, and he said that they were stealing trucks off the lot in broad daylight while the dealership was open. Said all the stolen trucks were going to mexico.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:27 PM

sorry to hear about that. I would definately look at the viper, I live in Nebraska and don't feel like I have a lot to worry about but makes me feel like I have some added insurance.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:33 PM

I would talk to some of the electronics experts in your area. I know the Viper is a great alarm, but there may be something better by now. Sorry to hear of the bad luck, but glad to hear you got out of the gym in time to keep anything worse happening.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Banned

I went Viper w/ GPS. I sleep well
Old 12-22-2006, 03:39 PM

I went with a C.C.W
Old 12-22-2006, 03:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I went with a silent alarm that calls my cell phone if something is happening to my truck and I always carry a concealed shotgun on me.
Oh wait...that is my imagination

What would be good is some flame throwers underneath the doors.
I know I have seen that somewhere.

Or even better is a batman anti-theft device....it completely conceals your vehicle and protects it from any harm at the push of a button!

but seriously...why do people steal stuff? It boils my blood !
Old 12-22-2006, 04:01 PM

It's probably only a matter of time before someone gets in. I would at least get a steering wheel or pedal lock until you can get a good alarm installed.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:03 PM

I kinda like the CCW idea!
Old 12-22-2006, 04:04 PM
Chapter President

I carry a Kahr P40 with tactical loads. I would have had your back. Thoese Edit would have had holes in em.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:11 PM

Time for a CHL as well as a nice alarm...
Old 12-22-2006, 04:17 PM

CCW? Is that Concealed carry w..? I used to carry, but it gets old. In TX, if you have a concealed license and someone sees your firearm, you can get in big trouble. At the gym, if someone saw a bulge, they'd probably think either you're carrying or you're a pervert. I end up leaving mine in the truck most of the time. Does't do me much good there.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stacked97
Time for a CHL as well as a nice alarm...
ditto! that will be my course of action soon.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is one reason I have a Springfield 45 super with some very hot loads in it Also I will not feel sorry for the poor sob who gets hit with it But then where I live most people have more brains then to break in to someones truck and if so what may happen to them
Old 12-22-2006, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Silver76
CCW? Is that Concealed carry w..? I used to carry, but it gets old. In TX, if you have a concealed license and someone sees your firearm, you can get in big trouble. At the gym, if someone saw a bulge, they'd probably think either you're carrying or you're a pervert. I end up leaving mine in the truck most of the time. Does't do me much good there.

Is it posted no firearms at the gym?
And a buldge hardly constitutes not being concealed, just tell people you have a tumor....
Id keep it in my locker while working out, and on me on my way out to the parking lot.

If I were working out in a shady area, you better believe ill be carrying...

Quick Reply: Walked up on two guys breaking in my truck !!! Viper alarm next I guess ...