3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

"VOLUMIZER"

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"VOLUMIZER"

Just wondering if anyone using a “VOLUMIZER” is having any trouble with it. Any codes, surging, or any other unwanted problems.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:48 AM

Re:"VOLUMIZER"

been using mine for 3 months with no problems
Old 12-01-2003, 03:21 PM

Re:"VOLUMIZER"

DOES THIS MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE? THIS SOUNDS LIKE A "QUADZILLA" BOX JUST REBOXED. HOW MUCH WAS IT?
Old 01-29-2004, 09:00 PM

got mine from rpmoutlet.com, when i got mine they didnt offer the different kits that were available, if they did i would have saved some $$, i now have the v3, the intake and straight exhaust(factory with no muffler) outran an eclipse, not bad IMO,
Old 01-30-2004, 08:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey mudturtle660, what is Iva close to?
Old 01-30-2004, 04:12 PM

its in the northwestern part of the state, 20miles below anderson or an hour below greenville, not far from GA
Old 01-31-2004, 09:55 AM

KAT, did you get my PM?
Old 01-31-2004, 03:08 PM

Yep sent ya one back!
Old 02-02-2004, 01:26 PM

Thumbs up

Had mine about 3 weeks, no problem. The check engine light did come on this week end but after about three or for starts, it went off. The difference is amazing . You disconnect four plugs and plug them into the box wiring and back into the original wiring. One of them is very hard to get to.
This week end, I was in Winston Salem downtown, a little car pulled up beside me and was sorta of jumping at the light, I decided to switch over to the high mode and jump with him when the light changed, all I know is he was way behind me and I belive the tires were spinning in second. I have mud and snows, the bridgestone blizzaks, and had not really stood on the pedal, I was a little embarassed , but had a big smile on anyway.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:15 PM

Drove another 100 plus miles today on the job. In the high position 100 hp in cruise it wants to pulse, you can feel the surge of power then off then on. But the only time I would normally use this is when I really need a lot of extra power and would not be while I had the cruise set. I could send it back but the power is there when and if I need it. Cruises great, very smooth in the 60 hp selection.
I am satisfied. I talked with a tech at PDQ, the developers of the volumizer, he told me that they adjust fuel pressure less that the other boxes. My question was should I add a fuel pressuer gauge. He said I did not need it.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:43 PM

Originally posted by fanofthewolf
Drove another 100 plus miles today on the job. In the high position 100 hp in cruise it wants to pulse, you can feel the surge of power then off then on. But the only time I would normally use this is when I really need a lot of extra power and would not be while I had the cruise set. I could send it back but the power is there when and if I need it. Cruises great, very smooth in the 60 hp selection.
I am satisfied. I talked with a tech at PDQ, the developers of the volumizer, he told me that they adjust fuel pressure less that the other boxes. My question was should I add a fuel pressuer gauge. He said I did not need it.
Great post,good info.You running gauges?
Old 02-04-2004, 12:58 PM

No gauges. I have been debating what to get. Since my tuck is a SO and I will mainly be using the 60hp setting, I may not add any. I only pull a 6500 lb 5th wheel so I doubt I pull over 8000 lbs. I just plan to let it cool down like the books says. page 194, owners manual cool down time ranges from less than one (stop and go with cool turbo charger) to five minutes(uphill grade max GCWR turbo temp hot).
Old 05-05-2004, 10:17 AM

I have an SO with the 47re and after weeks of research I think I have narrowed my list of choices down to the Volumizer. Having the 47re, I don’t want to cook my transmission but I would like a little more towing power.

Goal
Increase power, increase fuel mileage, not destroy my tranny.

Am I on the right track?
Old 05-05-2004, 11:14 AM

Originally posted by Mr.Blonde
Goal
Increase power, increase fuel mileage, not destroy my tranny.

Am I on the right track?
Mr. Blonde,
1. Yep, you can really feel the difference. Dyno charts in Gallery.
2. Nope, after 5,000 miles of use, I can't see any real increase.
3. Don't know, I have a 6-speed

The Boss Hog
(Still not a single code . . . . . )
Old 05-05-2004, 11:14 PM

I was thinking about buying the volumizer as my box of choice because i have a buddy who may sell his to me. I am a little concerned about the "surging" that was sighted earlier in this post... can anyone elaborate on that? Also what are the gains in MPG and on what setting? Is the 60hp setting from timing alone? or is there some pressure increase at that setting? Thanks for any info that could help me make up my mind.

Quick Reply: "VOLUMIZER"