3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

VIN locked bully dog....

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bud Kunz
You do have to return tire size to stock as well to completely unlock it. In the next version it will be included in the download like the PMT. So when you return the program to stock it also returns the tire size to stock.
hey bud, every time i turn my computer on, the update agent 'user information page' comes on saying i'm a new user and have to fill out the form (i've had the update agent loaded and running for about a year). i figured maybe after a certain amount of time you had to re-register, so i filled it out and submitted it, but it did the same thing the next time i turned my computer on. any clue?
Old 04-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Banned

You do have to return tire size to stock as well to completely unlock it. In the next version it will be included in the download like the PMT. So when you return the program to stock it also returns the tire size to stock.
Thanks Buddy. I wish I'd have known that... I had to pay for the guy to ship it back then ship it back to him again so I can undo it. I also found out when I called BD that for $100 they'll reflash it

Glad that's fixed now in your new versions :-)
Old 04-04-2008, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by chipmonk
hey bud, every time i turn my computer on, the update agent 'user information page' comes on saying i'm a new user and have to fill out the form (i've had the update agent loaded and running for about a year). i figured maybe after a certain amount of time you had to re-register, so i filled it out and submitted it, but it did the same thing the next time i turned my computer on. any clue?
Not quite sure what that problem is, but we have completely revamped the agent because of all of the problems we were having. To get this "new" agent, uninstall your current version and then reinstall from the website.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:08 PM

Yah, I've had that too, keeps telling me I'm a new user, please register, done it twice the last few days...
Old 04-04-2008, 05:23 PM

Not quite sure what that problem is, but we have completely revamped the agent because of all of the problems we were having. To get this "new" agent, uninstall your current version and then reinstall from the website.
how do i uninstall my current version?
Old 04-04-2008, 05:33 PM

Go into the control panel and then add or remove programs. Then find the update agent in the list and remove it.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:26 PM

Go into the control panel and then add or remove programs. Then find the update agent in the list and remove it.
thanks buddy- anything interesting to download from the new update agent?
Old 04-04-2008, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by tritont
not what what you're referring to. Since I've had my truck there's always been something to figure out or fix. You'll have that when you complete alter something and race it I suppose. I don't mind the challenge and the more I dig the more I learn about the 5.9 ! It's always ran great and as new as high hp is to these trucks... I don't think we've seen the half of what's to come as far as issues !

The BD issue is a minor one I'm sure. To bad Buddy doesn't come around much anymore... it'd be nice to hear what he could tell me about it.

Thanks for the comment though.

I like your attitude.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:11 PM

Tell me Ovrugio, how you like your pine tree air freshener?
Old 04-07-2008, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by chipmonk
thanks buddy- anything interesting to download from the new update agent?
Basically, just a streamlined version of it without all the problems and advertisments. We have got a lot of positive feedback on it.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Banned

Buddy....

I have a 2.4PL tune on the BD. Is this a Cummins only tune ?

I'm having a hard time getting the BD back to stock. I assume it's not suppose to say Cummins 5.9 on the start screen if it's completely removed... correct ?

tire size returned to stock and programming returned to stock... what else ?
Old 04-10-2008, 12:26 AM

Buddy....

I'm having a hard time getting the BD back to stock. I assume it's not suppose to say Cummins 5.9 on the start screen if it's completely removed... correct ?

That sould be just fine, mine did the exact same thing to me. Tire size and the program both set to stock but it worked great on my buddys cummins.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:28 AM

Buddy....

Yeah that should be it the tire size and program. Should be unlocked if both of those are stock.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Banned

Yeah that should be it the tire size and program. Should be unlocked if both of those are stock.
what about it saying Cummins 5.9 on the start up screen ? How do I know it's completely returned to stock and won't be VIN locked.

If you go into install program, it asks for which manufacturer. Does this mean it's unlocked ?

I have to send it back to the guy I sold it to and I want to be sure
Old 04-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Banned

Hello ?? Buddy ?? Now, I have a code set that I can't remove !

It's a PD412 the BD doesn't even recognize there's a code set but, the Smarty shows it and clears it but as soon as I turn the truck on again, it's back ?????

Quick Reply: VIN locked bully dog....