3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Vent Visors that tape to Black molding, not paint.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vent Visors that tape to Black molding, not paint.

Hey all, looking to get a set of vent visors. I want the ones that tape to the black molding around the windows, not the ones that tape to the paint on the door. I like these because Ive seen a few painted to match the truck, and when installed they blend into the door, and it looks really nice, almost seamless. The other, even painted, dont really blend into the door like the ones that go onto the black molding.

Anybody know who makes these? Also, anybody have any pics of what I'm talking about?

Thanks a bunch
Old 06-29-2006, 08:05 PM

I would actually recommend the ones that go inside the window channel - i.e. no tape on the outside of your truck! You should be able to order them from any auto parts retailer. Specialty truck store or even O'reilly's.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree, I have never seen any that tape to the molding. The In-Channel ones are great, I have used a couple different makes and both worked fine and looked good.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:12 PM

vent visor

okay here yah go try auto ventshade or if yah want snap in ones for the window channel no glue and stuff, weathertech. Ventshade ones go into the channel and use some kind adhesive have had to replace two of wifes Tahoe because of glue seperation.

I have the WeatherTech brand on the truck and they are great I think they can be purchased at any line-x dealer
Old 06-30-2006, 05:12 PM

I appreciate the replies, but I dont want the in channel ones. I know the ones I'm talking about, but just cant figure who makes them. I saw them on a White Sport Ram, and a Red Sport, with the vents painted to match. They were stuck to the black rubber, and REALLY looked smooth installed, You had to look twice to actually notice they were installed, they blended into the door nice.

I'll find them............sooner or later....