3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Updating smarty

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 09:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jgiachino
Go to start->control Panel->system->device manager

Look thru the menu's (think it's action-> 'scan for new hardware").....see if it finds smarty....
Ok when I go to control panel there is no system..

THere is

appearance and themes??
Network and internet connections
add or remove?? Tried that no worky...
Sounds
Performance
Printers
Accounts
Date time
Access
security??

This is all on xp??? Man I suck at this!!! Sorry and thank for the help fellas!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Banned

Ok when I type in the C:\D2XX drivers it say the location doesn't exist???? I am about ready to throw this dabbed thing!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 10:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure why you do not see the "System" icon on the "Control Panel" window. That is a little strange on XP. Could be related to local admin permissions I guess. But there is another way to get to the "Device Manager" window.

On you desktop you should have a "My Computer" icon. Right click on this icon. On the menu box that opens, click(left button) on the "Properties" option on the bottom. This will bring up the "System Properties" window and menu. Click on the "Hardware" tab. Then click on the "Device Manager" button. This will bring up the "Device Manager" window. Right click in the window anywhere; this will ensure you have a menu option for "Scan for hardware changes" option. Make sure the Smarty is plugged in and powered up. Click the "Scan for hardware changes" and then follow the instructions for the USB device install from the Mads website.

Let me know if you can get to this point and maybe I can help further.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:45 PM

Ok well you got farther while I was typing. What is the direcory name that you unzipped the drivers in??
Old 07-02-2007, 10:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello , To be able to update your smarty ecm tuner. Please follow these guidelines.

Start by right clicking on your desktop to create a new folder. Rename the new folder smarty.

You will need to download the driver to the smarty folder. Save the driver to the smarty folder http://www.madselectronics.com/downl...DM_2.00.00.zip

You will need the smarty usb.exe This program allows you to update the smarty. Save this to the smart folder http://www.madselectronics.com/downl.../SmartyUSB.exe

The driver and the software programs need to be extracted into the smarty folder using THIS extraction tool. http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/s...2.exe?download

Here are the directions for installing the driver http://www.madselectronics.com/downl...stallation.pdf

Once you have the driver installed you can use the smarty usb.exe program to update the smarty software. Click on the smarty icon. Press run. You will now see a seen button. Before you hit the send button you need to load a program into the smarty usb.exe. Click on file. Open , look in the smarty folder to find the smte file to load into your smarty.

Load the file and press run. It will take about 40 minutes to update your smarty.

Thanks
Bob
Old 07-02-2007, 10:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RamWheelsBy4
Ok well you got farther while I was typing. What is the direcory name that you unzipped the drivers in??
SmaryDownloads I think... I opend a file like it said to and I can get to that point but it won't do the c:dxx22 thingyy.. Man thanks for your help!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 10:48 PM

uninstall the bullydog software too.

or update the driver through the device manager
Old 07-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bob Wagner
Hello , To be able to update your smarty ecm tuner. Please follow these guidelines.

Start by right clicking on your desktop to create a new folder. Rename the new folder smarty.

You will need to download the driver to the smarty folder. Save the driver to the smarty folder http://www.madselectronics.com/downl...DM_2.00.00.zip

You will need the smarty usb.exe This program allows you to update the smarty. Save this to the smart folder http://www.madselectronics.com/downl.../SmartyUSB.exe

The driver and the software programs need to be extracted into the smarty folder using THIS extraction tool. http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/s...2.exe?download

Here are the directions for installing the driver http://www.madselectronics.com/downl...stallation.pdf

Once you have the driver installed you can use the smarty usb.exe program to update the smarty software. Click on the smarty icon. Press run. You will now see a seen button. Before you hit the send button you need to load a program into the smarty usb.exe. Click on file. Open , look in the smarty folder to find the smte file to load into your smarty.

Load the file and press run. It will take about 40 minutes to update your smarty.

Thanks
Bob
I've done all of that? and still can't get there???
Old 07-02-2007, 10:49 PM

use classic view too

shane calm down
Old 07-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bob Wagner
use classic view too

shane calm down
I finally got to that point too... Thannnks Bob... Let me drink a cold one!!! AAAAHHH!!! Ok I am ready..
Old 07-02-2007, 10:51 PM

my bet is the driver is still zipped.

windows will find the driver if its unzipped in the smarty folder.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Banned

So do I need to go to the file and un-zip it???
Old 07-02-2007, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
SmaryDownloads I think... I opend a file like it said to and I can get to that point but it won't do the c:dxx22 thingyy.. Man thanks for your help!!!
You need to change the "c:dxx22" thingy to the actual directory on your machine where you unzipped the driver software. It will be somthing like "c:\smartydownloads\" or maybe "c:\smartydownloads\dxx22" depending on where the file was unzipped to.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:54 PM

Yes what Bob said, it needs to be unzipped. He can probably help better than me, but I have helped lots of users with this type of frustration, both Smarty and other windows junk.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by RamWheelsBy4
You need to change the "c:dxx22" thingy to the actual directory on your machine where you unzipped the driver software. It will be somthing like "c:\smartydownloads\" or maybe "c:\smartydownloads\dxx22" depending on where the file was unzipped to.

right click on the file and "extract here

Quick Reply: Updating smarty