3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

updated sig & water/meth install pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 06:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
updated sig & water/meth install pics

Finally got my sig updated and pictures posted in my gallery. Here are some pics of my snow install.
This is where I mounted the controller. Just drilled a hole below to run the harness.

Here are the injectors which come unassembled. I assembled them wrong the first time and it didn't spray, just gushed. Called snow and fixed it in a few minutes. This is also where I tapped to pick up a boost source for the controller.

I didn't like any of the options for the water/meth source, so I bought a 2gal fuel cell and mounted it in front of the rear passenger tire. Got rid of the fill cap it came with (way too big) and made a new plate to bolt to the top and bought a smaller neck and cap and welded it in. Then I drilled up through the bed so I can just reach over, pop the cap, and fill it up. Only quirk is I can't see the fluid level.

The pump has to be mounted lower than the fluid, so here is a pic of the pump mounted to the frame.

So far, I like the added power, but haven't towed with it yet to see the egt results. I will be traveling accross Colorado next week, so I hope to really analyze it then.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:36 PM

I like the way you mounted the fuel cell. BUT, why didn't you just put it in the bed, maybe on the raised portion of the tire area... Just a thought.

Please keep us informed of the power gained and the egt's reduction. I'm thinking of doing this soon also.
Thanks and good job...
Old 06-15-2006, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slick setup, I like it. thanks for the great pictures. keep us updated on the performance/MPG gains
Old 06-15-2006, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by WUnderwood
slick setup, I like it. thanks for the great pictures. keep us updated on the performance/MPG gains
hehehe he said mpg gain I couldn't keep my foot out of it before, sure ain't gonna be able to now .

I didn't put it in the bed cuz I didn't want it in the way. On top of the wheel well wouldn't be in the way I guess, but I also didn't want it TOO obvious either. It takes a little more investigation to find out what I got goin' on when you see the cap only in the bed. Oh yeah, and I like to make everything twice as hard as it needs to be .
Old 06-15-2006, 09:25 PM

Trust me... I understand...cool
Old 06-15-2006, 11:54 PM

One of the toughest parts of installing the Stage 3 system is where put controller. 3rd gens have more flat spots on the dash where it can be mounted, but the 2nd gen has none. This is where I put mine, which is one of the first built. Pump and 6 gallon tank are in my bed tool box. I use one 625 jet and set max pump pressure at 225 psi. Cools well.

Old 06-16-2006, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bart Timothy
One of the toughest parts of installing the Stage 3 system is where put controller. 3rd gens have more flat spots on the dash where it can be mounted, but the 2nd gen has none. This is where I put mine, which is one of the first built. Pump and 6 gallon tank are in my bed tool box. I use one 625 jet and set max pump pressure at 225 psi. Cools well.

One thing is for sure, yours is easier to see than mine. With my mods I put in BOTH 625 injectors and have it turned all the way up as well. It makes me smile. Even after I shut 'er down, like several minutes later I'll be driving normal and just get a big ol' smile.

This was my wifes reaction when I first gave her a ride with the Hot upgrade and the snow... .