3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Unlucky SOB needs another set of Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unlucky SOB needs another set of Injectors

Anyone who has been following my most recent saga of my bubbled head gasket, dropped valve and seat, hammered exhaust valves, leaky guides and seals, and loose exhaust valve seats will probably enjoy my further misery. Since the greengoat was down for the head port, polish, plane and valve rebuild, I decided to update my injectors....after four patient weeks waiting for my buddies at I I to send me a set of 42L nozzles I gave up and went back to my first plan way back when of getting DonM to build me a set of relatively calm hellfire Flux 3's. Rip booked me in for last thursday so I couried the 6 firestix out on Tuesday morning by UPS overnight and insured them for hopefully enough cause they are LOST. Soooooo, after a long preamble.....does anyone have an extra set of 03,04,05 injectors laying around. I have two sets in Ontario in storage that I would have to go and get myself but that is days away from happening and I'm looking at getting this monster back on the road yesterday. Oh yeah, sorry Don but my injectors may be a little late arriving. ks
Old 09-10-2006, 08:56 AM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You just cant catch a break can ya?

At least you got em insured, I learned the hard way to always get your stuff insured when usein ups. Maybe they will turn up on Monday.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:12 AM

They may you Wonderful Attitude Person but the tracking number comes up and says "this item is not trackable" HaHaHa. ks
Old 09-10-2006, 01:07 PM
Banned

Sorry to hear your troubles, your bound for some good luck now!
Old 09-10-2006, 02:50 PM

I knew I was in trouble when the UPS store clerk came out in the Greenpeace T-shirt. Good things come to those who wait and wait and wait. ks
Old 09-10-2006, 03:21 PM

What the crap is the issue with losing injectors? Didn't one of our vendors have a whole BOX of injectors (thousands of $$ worth) lost by UPS, with no help in sight? I think it is a conspiracy!
Old 09-10-2006, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by 4x4not
What the crap is the issue with losing injectors? Didn't one of our vendors have a whole BOX of injectors (thousands of $$ worth) lost by UPS, with no help in sight? I think it is a conspiracy!
It has to be GM and Ford behind it. It is of course the ONLY way they beat the CTD.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:10 PM

wow, that sucks. hope they find them soon!
Old 09-10-2006, 07:01 PM

pm sent to you, maybe i can help, i live in Ontario.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:49 PM

There seems to be a good market in Dodge injectors and they aren't very traceable. There would be less of a black market if Dodge actually sold them within 50% of their actual cost. I bought a complete 05 engine with everything under the hood for less than what the dealer wants for a set of injectors that may or may not be new. ks
Old 09-10-2006, 10:13 PM

Did you check with a Cummins dealer? Sometimes they have not bad prices.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:28 AM

Smithereen, I haven't started shopping yet but I always go to Cummins before the dealer. valve seals, 12 at Dodge 89.90 incl taxes at jobber cost, 12 at Cummins including shipping from the US. 59.35. ks
Old 09-11-2006, 09:10 AM

A break in the case... Rip, The tracking number that the UPS Store put on was wrong....dyslexic clerk reversed the last two digits. I found the injectors in Louisville, Kentucky. Because the bar code didn't match the documentation it got held up. Then who ever removed the documentation lost the customs documentation. I just refaxed the customs documentation to Louisville so hopefully it will start to move. Of course my number was on the documentation and no one called they just put the box on the big lonely conveyor that takes a day to circle the freaking terminal. I'll let you know when the expected arrival is to Don. Rough weekend is getting better. Thanks, Kerry
Old 09-11-2006, 10:29 AM
DTR Advertiser

LOL. The Kentucky UPS hub is the place two sets of my CR injectors have mysteriously vasporized into thin air.

I jumped ship last year to DHL and have had some great success with them. Except for higher shipping rates, slower delivery times and weird billing practices ( double billing on our monthly shipping fees on accident ) But in the end they dont loose or break stuff.

Hang in there K.

Don~
Old 09-11-2006, 10:51 AM

Not sure how I missed this thread earlier. I just found it a couple minutes ago and was going to offer you a set to swap out till you got another set from your storage, but I see you have it all under control now.

Quick Reply: Unlucky SOB needs another set of Injectors