3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

The ultimate programmer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 11:04 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OT-OF-Here
I've probably run as many if not more power adders than most guys and here is my $.02 on the ones I've run,... stick around,... Reader's Digest Version.

Diablo DL: Probably the most steetable DL on extreme. One weird thing,.. on my truck at wot if you let off the throttle it still maintains high speed for a few seconds b-4 throttling down. Manageable, but be careful.

BDDL & CLDL: BDDL is ok but the CLDL is much better. Very good power and MPG even over BDDL. Like the other more powerful DLers, ... it's a bit too throttle sensitive.

EZ & Juice w/att & Hot Juice: EZ is great as an add-on to almost anything. Juice & EZ is an outstanding stack if you don't want to upgrade your turbo. You'll still need tranny mods. Very smooth and good EGTS. Hot Juice,... more is better. Very good power and smooth. Like Juice, it stacks well especially with the ez.

PPE HOT: This is a very strong unit. It runs as well as anything I have had by itself. Will stack outstanding with the TST if you get user adj timing feature for your TST. Like CLDL,.. throttle sensitive. Also this is stronger than the CLDL.

SMARTY: Also very strong. It's right there with the PPE HOT for performance. Both give me great performance by themselves all the way through the rpm range. Some say down low power and no top end,... NOT! I guess you need more air or fuel because this thing pulls on top excellent on my truck.

TST: I have the multi-program R-49 (Includes standard, '05 twins and ,'03 wins. It also has user adj timing. The very newest version has an EZ-like fueling built right in and may be the Mecca of all units,... haven't ran that particular model. But the R-49 stacked with the PPE HOT or SMARTY plus the EZ is simply outstanding. It's like putting your life on Fast Forward.

Hope this will help some trying to make a decision. Just remember the success and positive or negative opinions expressed by members are a direct result of their impressions on their trucks and are heavily based on their personal upgrades that MUST accompany these units listed above.
Wow, good read, good info! The power you described with the Smarty is nohing like the power i experienced. I was first under the impression it was the "ultimate programmer" for any truck...so after the new updates came out i gave it a shot. At my level of mods, it wouldn't work right. You have LOTS more mods and it worked better for you. Thats a big difference right there! Good info, good read, thank you!

Originally Posted by KVD
Is the dialbo that strong on 03 6 speed HO truck.

I looked through my 4-wheel parts mag, and they list the triple dog crazy larry as 140HP and 205 TQ. Then they list the extreme power pup at 130HP and 250TQ, is that right?

I know the crazy larry doesn't give as much HP as on a 04.5 and above but does it fuel harder but only gives 10 more HP??
Well heres the deal: Crazy Larry doesn't truly exist on 03-04 trucks because of the injection events....

The power pup is different programs that drive differently with different power than the Triple Dog. What that company called Crazy Larry on the Triple Dog is nothing more than the Extreme version of the Triple Dog.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:14 AM

Crazy Larry is more than the normal extreme setting. It replaces it.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Luken
Crazy Larry is more than the normal extreme setting. It replaces it.
on 03-04 trucks?

i know on 04.5 its totally different, if you ride on crazy larry you will know it. I own one.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:54 AM
KVD

Ok how much does the Edge Hot juice give on the 03 early 04s??

I would like to be close to 400HP at the rear wheels or the factory turbo if possible.

If I'm 10 15HP on the low side that want bother me, I just like to be around 400 but really 375 at the rears would make me happy, for a while.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by KVD
Ok how much does the Edge Hot juice give on the 03 early 04s??

I would like to be close to 400HP at the rear wheels or the factory turbo if possible.

If I'm 10 15HP on the low side that want bother me, I just like to be around 400 but really 375 at the rears would make me happy, for a while.
hot juice is rated at 180hp...note on your truck it will add pressure.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
there should be a dyno event in your area soon and I know there will be some smarty pants in attendence.

tests will be free
Old 10-28-2006, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by OT-OF-Here
I've probably run as many if not more power adders than most guys and here is my $.02 on the ones I've run,... stick around,... Reader's Digest Version.

Diablo DL: Probably the most steetable DL on extreme. One weird thing,.. on my truck at wot if you let off the throttle it still maintains high speed for a few seconds b-4 throttling down. Manageable, but be careful.

BDDL & CLDL: BDDL is ok but the CLDL is much better. Very good power and MPG even over BDDL. Like the other more powerful DLers, ... it's a bit too throttle sensitive.

EZ & Juice w/att & Hot Juice: EZ is great as an add-on to almost anything. Juice & EZ is an outstanding stack if you don't want to upgrade your turbo. You'll still need tranny mods. Very smooth and good EGTS. Hot Juice,... more is better. Very good power and smooth. Like Juice, it stacks well especially with the ez.

PPE HOT: This is a very strong unit. It runs as well as anything I have had by itself. Will stack outstanding with the TST if you get user adj timing feature for your TST. Like CLDL,.. throttle sensitive. Also this is stronger than the CLDL.

SMARTY: Also very strong. It's right there with the PPE HOT for performance. Both give me great performance by themselves all the way through the rpm range. Some say down low power and no top end,... NOT! I guess you need more air or fuel because this thing pulls on top excellent on my truck.

TST: I have the multi-program R-49 (Includes standard, '05 twins and ,'03 wins. It also has user adj timing. The very newest version has an EZ-like fueling built right in and may be the Mecca of all units,... haven't ran that particular model. But the R-49 stacked with the PPE HOT or SMARTY plus the EZ is simply outstanding. It's like putting your life on Fast Forward.

Hope this will help some trying to make a decision. Just remember the success and positive or negative opinions expressed by members are a direct result of their impressions on their trucks and are heavily based on their personal upgrades that MUST accompany these units listed above.
I met Pat at the dealer when the white smoke at startup tsb came out and was really impressed by his truck .......... first SRT hood I had seen on a 3500 and duals . Done an awful lot to that beast , how about some dyno #'s ?
Old 10-28-2006, 01:48 PM

The 305/555 engine does not get crazy larry. You can have crazy larry downloaded into your triple dog, but all it does is go to a regular extreme setting.

Kevin
Old 10-28-2006, 01:56 PM
KVD

Can a factory turbo on a 03 6 speed handle the hot juice??

I've got to go look/buy the truck tuesday and I'm just lookin for things to do.

Cold air
Straight piped exhaust
One style power adder
Good clutch

Thats all I will do to this truck other than wheels and tires. It won't be a race truck, a pull truck, or a tow truck (might pull a couple of 4-wheelers ever now and then).
Old 10-28-2006, 02:00 PM

The turbo will handle it, as long as you are judicious. You will have egt issues though, and I would recommend a better clutch sooner than later

Kevin
Old 10-28-2006, 02:26 PM
KVD

I don't mind high egts as long as they are controlable and not hittin 1500 in like 3 seconds.

I mean I won't be on level 6 all the time, probably very little and as far as racin, the only racin I will do just playin with my buddies, nothin serious.

Do you think it would be better to run the hot juice or run just the plan juice and EZ stack??

Which as more bottom end, the hot juice of the juice/ez stack?

I don't need to go 120 just get to like 60 fast.

O, the clutch will go in before I buy the chip, done been down that road.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:22 PM

watch over bootsting the stocker i don't have that box but i got 42 psi a couple of times then two days later she went
Old 10-29-2006, 12:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by emfc_22
watch over bootsting the stocker i don't have that box but i got 42 psi a couple of times then two days later she went
I ran 45psi everyday for 2 months.....no problems!
Old 10-29-2006, 06:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by emfc_22
Yep, the stock charger on the '03-04 don't have a long life span when the boost is 35psi or more for a period of time. I try not to get mine over 35psi.

MikeyB
Old 10-29-2006, 12:36 PM

The Hot Juice is fantastic bottom end. My particular stack is incredible, 0-60 now in 4.9 seconds

Kevin

Quick Reply: The ultimate programmer?