3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Two codes after 1st use of Xzillaraider...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 04:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally received mine yesterday and when I hooked it up it set off code P0193 and my truck ran like crap. After checking my connections 4 times is seems I have a bad wireing harrness. Stan at Quadzilla is sending me a new one. I waited 2 weeks for this thing to get here from Kyle and it seems I still don't have one.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:24 AM

Did you go through the steps and watch the LED? I talked to 2 people yesterday that had plugged the rail pressure sensor in backwards. I would check and re-check to make sure that you have it plugged in 100% right.
They swore they had it right, so I had them take it all off and run the truck stock. Then I had them install it slowly and carefully and watch the led and checked the switch and when they were done the truck ran great.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:09 AM

Try pluggin in the bypass plug, if the truck runs ok then the connections are probably good (unless of course you reversed both the oem and new one). Isn't that true Quad?
Old 04-19-2005, 03:58 PM

Ya, it was plugged in right. The led's blinked 3 green and the **** lights were right. Yes I tried the by-pass plug also.

One thing I did notice is the data link connector only has two wires in it and the side on the truck has three? Anybody know if that is right? I assume the harrness for the 04.5 and the 04 are the same?
Old 04-19-2005, 09:45 PM

I've tossed three codes now on my 140hp box. P0192, P0193 and the other night P0297...Fuel rail pressure sensor low, fuel rail pressure sensor high and then Turbo boost pressure low...Respectivley.

I got the P0192 and 193 at the same time. The situation was: Making a right hand turn on the 100hp setting, and just sorta' rolled into the turn in 3rd. Lugged her up (gently) from 1400 rpm as I was initiating the turn. When the rpm's climbed to 1600 (approx.) she coughed and then died. I coasted to a stop, turned her over, and the truck ran fine. I thought at the time that it was a fluke and that with the box set at 100hp I should have had the rpm's a little higher.

The other night I was coming home from the shop late, and thought the injector noise was a little more obvious than normal. I was crusing in a 35mph zone in 4th (doing about 40) when all of a sudden I got a massive knock, followed by a total loss of power, then died. I should say it was after 12am and I did not have my cell with me. Well, I turned her over again and she started up and ran just fine. I shrugged my shoulders and proceded home. About 1/2 mile later the same thing happend. This time I pulled over, truck knocking like I sucked an injector, and shut her off. Checked codes and noticed the P0297. Started her up again and she ran fine until I got home.

The next morning I pulled the box, put in the plug, and drove back to work...No problems. In fact the truck ran perfect all week w/o the box on, eliminating the possibility of a reversed connector. The following Monday, I put the box back on and tried again...It's Wed's now, and I've had no problems. I'm definitely driving on egg shells now, but have started putting my foot into it again. I dunno'. If it happens again the box is going back for a check-up and/or return.

I do appreciate how helpful Quad has been during all this, and I believe in his product, testing and overal drivability of the box. These mystery codes have me a little worried at the moment though.

--Doug
Old 04-20-2005, 10:22 AM

Jerry R, I have the 04.5 and my data link wiring is the same as yours.

I changed the fuel and air filter and have not been able to get the truck to put out much smoke, maybe a puff here or there.
BUt, this morning at start up I had quite a bit of white smoke and the truck idled a bit rough. Only other time I've seen that was while hunting last fall and started up in the am when the temps had been in the 20's. Cold couldn't have been the problem this morning though unless you consider 55F cold. Other than that and what happened at the beginning of this thread, the trucks been running fine.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:34 AM

Y'all are making me nervous No one reported any codes when this box first came out (not even the bete testers I have talked to). Now, it seems that the "new" (most recent boxes) are setting codes I ordered my Quad box about a week ago (hasn't arrived yet), now I am wondering if I should hook it up - I wonder if they have made a change to the box?
Old 04-20-2005, 12:31 PM

Same here Green. Ordered a race last week and should be here today. I was looking for RELIABLE power and if I will be setting codes, I'm not interested. Probably just a couple isolated incidents though. Every company has some hiccups with new products.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:09 PM

Well........... no brown truck today. I guess they deceided not to overnight the new wire harness. I've looked it over again and there is just no way I plugged it in wrong 4 times. Maybe it will be here tomorrow. By the way, tomorrow will be 16 days since I ordered it from Kyle. Right now I'm not to happy with Kyle or Quadzilla!
Old 04-20-2005, 09:14 PM

Jerry,

I am out of town, but I will find out where the wiring harness is at. It should not have taken very long to get it to you.

As far as the couple of trucks setting codes, I would not worry too much. I don't care how perfect you try to make something you will have a few issues. I wished the modules were 100% perfect but everything is man made. Most of our small issues have been wiring or switch related.

We will figure out why a few trucks have set codes and we will have a revision for them, but I am not going to change code for everyone since about 99.9% of the trucks don't set any codes.

Quad
Old 04-21-2005, 10:03 AM

Originally posted by qzilla
As far as the couple of trucks setting codes, I would not worry too much. I don't care how perfect you try to make something you will have a few issues. I wished the modules were 100% perfect but everything is man made.

Very true, but see next comment

We will figure out why a few trucks have set codes and we will have a revision for them, but I am not going to change code for everyone since about 99.9% of the trucks don't set any codes.
Was not suggesting you change any code, in fact, quite the opposite. Question was; "Has anything been changed recently?" In other words, if you send out 500 boxes and NO problems, then you send out another group and several are problematic, that should send up a red flag. If nothing has changed with the boxes then this is most likely just coincidence. This will be my 4th box and quite frankly, I have not had good luck with these products working the first go around. 2 of the first 3 did not had to be shipped back because the were defective. Hopefully, I my luck will change with your box.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:16 PM

I don't think that 3-5 out of 1200-1400 requires a software update. The couple of guys that had a problem will get them revised. Actually we send them new stuff to amke sure along with the revision.

Quad
Old 04-21-2005, 06:53 PM

Quad, thanks for keeping us updated. You are the most reponsive, available vendor I have seen, and I know that means alot to many of us here.

Quick Reply: Two codes after 1st use of Xzillaraider...