3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Which turbo need help guys.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 12:12 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which turbo need help guys.

I dont know whether to get a Silver bullet 66 or a turbonetics T66 which I hear will spool faster than the silver bullet 66. Or Idaho twins. MY truck will be ready in a few weeks but need to order this turbo. My truck 06 dodge will have these fuel upgrades. Edge hot juice attitude/Crazy Larry/Dual cp3/150 hp ddp injectors/fass 150gph system/dual feed line. other mods 5inch exaust,stage2intake,air intake manifold,southbend650hpdual disc,BD intercooler,exaust manifold, stage 3 water/methanol,arp head studs, BD speed eliminator. Is this enough to experience little lag from big turbo and any other suggestions on parts.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:43 AM
Banned

I see that you have done everything right on your truck with the mods you listed.

TWINS are the only way to go You have 2 CP3s,why not get 2 turbos to go with them

CRIS
Old 12-17-2006, 11:42 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What are your HP goals?
Old 12-17-2006, 12:10 PM
Banned

Thanks for the reply masonic dodge, your one of the guys on here I wanted to reply becasue your truck is similar. I want over 700 rwhp on #2 only I know thats hard and I have respect for those #'s but Im getting the right parts so I thought it might be possible. As for twins Its not that I dont got the bucks as you can see but if you can save why not Im not bill gates haha. Plus I hear turbonetics T66 lights up faster than the Silver Bullet which Industrial Injection told me will hit hard at 1500-1600rpms. That sounded low but with all the fuel im pushing did not sound to far fetched to me. My friend had twins 05 dually and says he still over heats and says they dont spoo, as fast as everyone says. tell me what you guys think about Idaho twins vs the 2 turbos I mentioned. I know big turbos can be a little laggy but there are some new big ones with serious new technology to stop lagginess and Rememeber when you reply take into consideration my serious fuel upgrades. Not to mention I will sometime with in the next 6 monthe get 200hp nos shots. Trying to see what #2 only will do for now. thanks alot guys.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:22 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The turbonetics should be faster with its single ball bearing design, but I dont know as much about the compressor wheel in the turbonetics as I do the Schwitzer/BW wheel. So it could be a toss up in the end.

The turbonetics still has a thrust bearing on the exhaust side of the shaft. So it is more like a hybrid bearing design.

I think, in the end, you will be happier with the turbonetics. The GT-K looks to be a sweetheart, but I like to see the compressor technology before I make a call.

Whoever is selling whatever seems to make turbos spool faster or slower depending on who you are talking to. (: