3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Turbo???

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Turbo???

Guys probably gettin a turbo for christmas! So I need yall to help me out decide on the best setup. I want to go with twins and maybe using my stocker as one of them. Will i need injectors or a fuel pump? Give me all info please.

Also where in texas or oklahoma can I have this job done? If not either of these where is the best place???
Old 11-03-2008, 11:56 AM

For a single turbo, I would go with a silver 62 or HTb2 62 from High Tech.

For Twins there are a few different options out there. MPI is talked about a lot on this forum. I am really impressed with that twin set-up. Diesel Power Source also has a twin set-up using a stock turbo for under $3,000.00. I have Diesel Power Source Twins on my truck using their turbos and I am really impressed with them. For the money they cannot be beat. Also they have awesome customer service!

If you are the least bit mechanically inclined, you can do the install your self. Having two people really helps and makes it go ffaster, but you can accomplish it by yourself!

Best of Luck
Old 11-03-2008, 11:59 AM

Will these turbos be louder than my stocker? Also how much more boost will i be able to make?
Old 11-03-2008, 12:03 PM

Twins, I was excited about two turbos making more noise. Inside the cab they really don't but outisde is another story and the noise out of the tailpipe is even better. Also, putting twins on completely changed the driveability. It made it so much more fun and easier to drive, manage smoke, and egt's. The exhaust lost all drone that it had and it just sounds awesome!

A 62mm turbo will be a little bit louder than stock, a 66mm sounds like a jet turbine.

Follow this thread as well it might help you decide on a single if that is how you want to go.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=222050

Last edited by CrashCade; 11-03-2008 at 12:09 PM. Reason: added link
Old 11-03-2008, 12:08 PM

So how are the Industrial Inj. Twin setups, or any others? Whats the BEST! Id like this to be a one time deal and be satisfied forever.

How about the fuel pump issue?
Old 11-03-2008, 12:37 PM

what nobody asked yet was what kind of HP are you looking for, and what do you mostly use the truck for.then based on that, start putting something together.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:21 PM

I pull at most 10k maybe a little more in the future. Tow a bass boat ALOT. I have a smarty and run sw9 all the time. Won't add any more power unless its like mp8 or a fuel system. Mainly looking to get the best out of what I have!
Old 11-03-2008, 02:07 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
then towing twins are for you... look at BD tow twins, Peak perf. BB tow twins (the very best but $$$), MPI stock + s400, II tow twins, the DPS twins as mentioned above are the economy choice. There are others.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:38 PM

Where do I find Peak Perf. BB tow twins. I looked for Peak Performance but it came back Peak Diesel Performance but didn't show any BB tow twins.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:58 PM

the best twins for the money are MPI's it uses the stocker over a s-400
great spool up, low egt's and great power. The price is right to lol. for your ?'s boost will depend on fueling, with stock injectors you may only see 45-50psi but with 3.5's we are seeing 65psi. will actually be quiet compared to just the stock turbo, the s-400 acts as a big muffler, and yes i would recommend a lift pump.
I know Diesel innovations in TX could do the install.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:32 PM

Well I'll jump in on this too. I'm saving up for my twins right now. Planning on getting them around january.
I also have the smarty on full power #9. I have 37" tires, I do tow sometimes, usually a couple race quads, sometimes a boat.
I'm guessing I should go with tow twins as well? Mainly I want to be able to accelerate quickly under normal driving conditions (ie. not towing). I'm not going for super high horse power or anything. I'm leaving the sticks stock for now... maybe get 60 horse ones later. I already speed too much... so I don't really want more top end that will allow me to speed even more.

I was thinking maybe a 62/14 s300 over a K31
or the BD R700 twins

Oh and I will have a FASS installed by then as well.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:24 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by zack birge
Where do I find Peak Perf. BB tow twins. I looked for Peak Performance but it came back Peak Diesel Performance but didn't show any BB tow twins.
It is a custom order thing... you had the right site. You have to call... tell Harry I sent you.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:55 PM

soulezoo is right.... harry is a very good man to talk to
Old 11-03-2008, 09:22 PM

Awesome sounds good! Ill definately look into it. What fuel system do yall suggest? Give me the whole detail for sure. Thanks again for all the help.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:52 PM

ATS now has a compound kit using your stock turbo and either a 4000 or 5000 Aurora turbo. They finaly have info about these add a turbo kits on their website. The kits come with everything including a 3 piece manifold and air intake. I am having the 4000 kit installed on my truck now. The kit cost about 3 grand(about 2k less than most twin setups). I will let you know what I think about the setup when I get the truck back(hopefully by Wednesday). I tow alot about 99.9% of the time. My truck is licenced for 32k lbs. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Turbo???