3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

TST or Xzillaraider race box. which one.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question TST or Xzillaraider race box. which one.

i am thinking about latter on getting a box for my truck.but i need help picking which one.i had a TST comp box on my 2000 24 valve CTD and loved it.and i was thinking about getting there new tst box with the digital read out. for boost etc. allso i like the ideal about being able to set the EGT warning to defuel when you want it.but i would like to hear from people that have 04 305-555 engines how it is working for them.the good and the bad reports.because i thought i read on hear that some people are haveing problem,s with it. allso if i did get it it would save me the time and money from allso haveing to buy gagues.but that thing is a lot of money.and i want to make sure i know what i am doing before i spend that kind of money. or do you guys think i would be better of just getting a Xzillaraider race box from Quadzilla.i do like his very good tech support though.any thoughts on this you would like to share with me.and again thanks for all the great help and info.dodge\ramit
Old 05-05-2005, 07:52 PM

I love my TST. I haven't had a code or a single problem yet. I've had it for about 2 months and about 4000 miles on it. The only problem is my stock clutch not holding up, but ya know . I did look at the Xillaraider, but chose the TST on the adjustability. It's got more and can be turned up to match twins/injectors and anything else you want to add.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:49 PM

I don't know too much about the TST except for what I have read on the forums but I do know that the Xzillaraider race version (just installed today) ...while maybe a bit soon to give full review on but this box is awesome. I installed it at my shop today and driven maybe 20 or so miles with it in the 100 hp mode and WOW talk about get up and go and got up and went....very smooth. Have not tried the level 3 (130 hp mode) yet still need to install the pyro but I am getting anxious. I will report back any additional info after further testing. Oh and tech support was very helpful...DA me unscrewed the nut on the switch and the little keeper changed notches so that the switch had like 8 different positions and I was like panic city...but they got me straightened out.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:25 AM

I'm running the 100hp Xzilliaraider and have a friend with the TST on an 05. I think for the performance that I want (and my wife determines I need) the Xzilleraider was the best choice for me. I am very happy with it and have not had any trouble or codes. I also lost my indexing ring on the switch when I installed it and Quad was very fast and friendly about replacing it for me. They do have great customer service.

The TST of my friends has also performed well. It has unbelievable power; most of which I would never use. It does take quite a bit more to install, but it does seem to be a quality product. His has thrown a couple of minor codes, but really hasn't had any problems. If your looking to really bomb in future, the TST would not limit you.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:03 PM

I broke down and bought the 100hp Xzillaraider last night. I wanted to do my tranny before any boxes, but my self control is not all that good
Old 05-06-2005, 08:21 PM

thanks for the great info guys.ok you guys that are useing the TST box. are you useing the digital heads up display? that is what i am interested in.i thought i read wear some body was useing it and did not like the digital display. they said it had a real slow response display.i would like to use it because it would help me from haveing to get gauges to.allso for the over temp alarm.but i would like to find out if it works. so i wont waste my money if it does not.so for any one that is useing it please tell me if you like it or dont. well thanks for all the great info and keep it coming thanks very much.dodge\ramit
Old 05-07-2005, 12:53 AM

Mine doesn't have the digital gauges, but my friends does. I don't think it responds as quick as my mechanical ones. The de-fueling option is nice, but if you have self control and don't turn it past 5-4 on an otherwise stock truck, you'll probably be ok, unless you just completely bury your foot in it. But if you have the $$, go ahead and get them, and if you want mechanical gauges later, you can easily add them.